Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85226 times)

TaigaR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 02:41:55 am »

New exotic Therapist issues. I run therapist from the same LNP package that game. But game is 0.42 and therapist says it only supports 0.40. Mint 17.3 x32. Pidgeot`s workaround helped me to run LNP and even dfhack is working, but that Therapist.

By the way, when LNP tries to start Therapist, there`s error in terminal.

/tmp/_MEIGHi76i/xdg-terminal: 364: [: x/media/username/storage/LinuxLNP/df_linux/dfhack: unexpected operator
/tmp/_MEIGHi76i/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:19:04 am by TaigaR »

TaigaR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 01:47:59 pm »

Another one really crucial issue.
When I try to use digfort, it rarely works perfect, but most of the time gives an error:
Code: [Select]
E: NoMethodError: undefined method `shape_basic' for nil:NilClass
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:78
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:76:in `each'
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:76
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:74:in `each'
 ./hack/scripts/digfort.rb:74
 (eval):79:in `load'
 (eval):79
 (eval):79:in `catch'

The paths to file, of course, are good.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

That's a DFHack issue. What DFHack version are you using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TaigaR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2016, 09:43:01 pm »

I'm using DFHack version 0.42.06-r1 (release), the one that comes with LNP release we're talking about.
And I use it with Gnome Terminal, I had to install it on LMP demand.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 12:56:59 pm »

By the way, when LNP tries to start Therapist, there`s error in terminal.

/tmp/_MEIGHi76i/xdg-terminal: 364: [: x/media/username/storage/LinuxLNP/df_linux/dfhack: unexpected operator
/tmp/_MEIGHi76i/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

That's trying to start DFHack, not Therapist. Terminals are a bit tricky to deal with on Linux... that's where that script comes into play.

It should be fixed in the next PyLNP version, as I've rewritten the terminal handling from scratch, but releasing that is likely still a week or two away.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 11:22:08 am »

DOWNLOAD HERE

I've cobbled together all the components of LNP for Linux and thought others might want to try it out. Your mileage may vary, but everything I've thrown at it seems to work. Just run ./startlnp to launch.

Included are:

PyLNP 0.11
    DF 0.43.03
    DFHack 0.43.03-r1 STABLE
    Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
    TWBT 5.65
    Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
    Armok Vision 0.10.0
    All the graphics packs you know and love

NOTE: The graphics packs may not be 100% compatible with 0.43.x, as they are the same packs I was using with 0.42.x. The manifest.json files for each pack were edited to allow them to be used with this version. I'm able to use Phoebus without any apparent issues, but haven't tested all the packs.

DOWNLOAD HERE

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 11:55:17 am »

Might want to update the first post of this thread too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2016, 12:29:51 pm »

Might want to update the first post of this thread too.

Good call.  It's been updated.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 08:32:34 pm »

I did a quick check of your graphics packs for compatibility since you were concerned that they may not be.

The included versions of these graphics packs look like they are compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03:
  • GemSet
  • Jolly-Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

The included versions of these graphics packs don't look compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03:
  • Afro
  • CLA
  • Ironhand
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Spacefox

Fortunately, using ones of these outdated packs will only cause problems in adventure mode.

You can get updated versions of all of those graphics packs on the DFGraphics Repo. Even the ones that are compatible have updated versions available. Taffer is up to version 35 now, for example. Most graphics packs will usually need to be updated when Dwarf Fortress updates.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:49 am »

I did a quick check of your graphics packs for compatibility since you were concerned that they may not be.

The included versions of these graphics packs look like they are compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03:
  • GemSet
  • Jolly-Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

The included versions of these graphics packs don't look compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03:
  • Afro
  • CLA
  • Ironhand
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Spacefox

Fortunately, using ones of these outdated packs will only cause problems in adventure mode.

You can get updated versions of all of those graphics packs on the DFGraphics Repo. Even the ones that are compatible have updated versions available. Taffer is up to version 35 now, for example. Most graphics packs will usually need to be updated when Dwarf Fortress updates.

Thank you for taking a look.  I was using the all-in-one github.com/DFgraphics/DFgraphics repo previously, but didn't realize that repo wasn't pointing to the most up-to-date versions of the graphics packs.  I've changed my build script to pull the most up-to-date graphics packs from the DFgraphics repo individually, and changing df_min_version in the manifest.json file to allow them to be used in 43.03.

I'll get r02 uploaded to DFFD sometime today.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 12:15:09 pm »

If the minimum version says 0.43.04 or 0.43.05, then it's not compatible with 0.43.03.

Do your script download the latest release version or the latest commit?

For these ones, you should pick out the compatible version from the release page instead of using the latest commit:

The rest of them it should be safe to use the latest commit version:

Using the 0.43.05 versions of graphics packs in 0.43.03 could cause some plants to be unusable for (I think) paper or cloth or something.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2016, 08:12:16 am »

EDIT: spelling

I've fixed my script to clone all the packs in the DFgraphics repo, then roll them back individually to the commits that were used to build the releases.  My script is actually hard resetting all of them, rather than just cherry pick the ones whose latest commits aren't compatible with 43.03.

The sad news is that in testing this, I was unable to use LNP to update the RAWs of my save, as it said they were incompatible.  I was able to manually apply them and didn't notice any issues.  If  you said that the versions I was using before could cause some plants not to be eligible for making paper or cloth, then I wouldn't have noticed, as I'm just now getting back into DF after being away for a few months.

I'll upload a revision here in a few.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:35:07 am by Enay »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2016, 12:02:35 pm »

Linux LNP 0.43.03-r02 Stable has been uploaded to DFFD!!

DOWNLOAD HERE

I've cobbled together all the components of LNP for Linux and thought others might want to try it out.  Your mileage may vary, but everything I've thrown at it seems to work.  Just run ./startlnp to launch.

Included are:

• PyLNP 0.11
  • DF 0.43.03
  • DFHack 0.43.03-r1 STABLE
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  • TWBT 5.65
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • Armok Vision 0.10.1
  • Legends Browser 1.0.12 (*Requires Java 8*)
  • 14 Graphics packs
    • Afro
    • AutoReiv
    • CLA
    • GemSet
    • IronHand
    • Jolly Bastion
    • Mayday
    • Obsidian
    • Phoebus
    • Rally Ho
    • Spacefox
    • Taffer
    • Tergel
    • Wanderlust

NOTE: I have gone through the graphics packs and ensured that they're all compatible with 43.03.  Some of them have changed from my previous LNP release, and some have not.  Therefore, you might get an error if trying to update existing savegames with new graphics packs through LNP.

In a pinch you can manually copy the files from the df_linux/raw to  df_linux/data/save/regionX/raw, but I can't guarantee it will work.  Make sure to have a backup before hand-editing your saves.  I was able to do this with my fort and haven't had any problems *YET*

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:04:23 pm by Enay »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2016, 07:12:45 pm »

It could be that you started your save files before installing a graphics pack.

Here's a couple things that might be good to do:

It looks like you have Curses as the default tileset. Install something else. Then install Curses again. Then take the file at /LinuxLNP/df_linux/raw/installed_raws.txt and distribute that pre-installed with your pack. This allows users to switch graphics packs in any save files that they made before switching graphics packs at least once. Otherwise, they will get the "savegames were skipped (would have broken raws)" error message.

It's also good to distribute a blank "gamelog.txt" file in the /LinuxLNP/df_linux/ folder so that users can launch soundSense without getting a "gamelog.txt not found" error if they launch soundSense before having ever launched the Dwarf Fortress from the pack.

Edit: Also, if you want to fix your save files that it says "would break raws" on, stick a "installed_raws.txt" file from the appropriate graphics pack into the /data/save/regionx/raw/ folder.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:15:03 pm by jecowa »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2016, 09:23:19 am »

EDIT: formatting

Linux LNP 0.43.03-r03 Stable has been uploaded to DFFD!!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Here's the latest revision to the Lazy Newb Pack for Linux! As far as I'm able to tell, everything included is working and working well. Please let me know if you find something that isn't, and I'll see what I can do about getting it fixed in a future revision.

Included are:

•     PyLNP 0.11
  •     DF 0.43.03
  •     DFHack 0.43.03-r1 STABLE
  •     Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  •     TWBT 5.65
  •     Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  •     Armok Vision 0.11.0
  •     Legends Browser 1.0.12 (*Requires Java 8*)
  •     14 Graphics packs
    •         Afro
    •         AutoReiv
    •         CLA
    •         GemSet
    •         IronHand
    •         Jolly Bastion
    •         Mayday
    •         Obsidian
    •         Phoebus
    •         Rally Ho
    •         Spacefox
    •         Taffer
    •         Tergel
    •         Wanderlust

Changes over 0.43.03-r02:
  •     Updated Armok Vision to v 0.11.0
  •     Ran chmod +x on the Armok Vision executables, didn't realize/forgot this wasn't set automatically prior to this
  •     Cleaned up some of the files in the LNP/extras directory, got rid of scripts already included in DFHack, removed non-compatible scripts
  •     Cleaned up some of the dfhack init scripts, added more options to the DFHack tab in LNP
  •     In an attempt to make the package smaller, I moved files included in all graphics packs out of the LNP/graphics/x folders and into the LNP/tilesets folder

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:29:44 am by Enay »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10