Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85232 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

It could be that you started your save files before installing a graphics pack.

Here's a couple things that might be good to do:

It looks like you have Curses as the default tileset. Install something else. Then install Curses again. Then take the file at /LinuxLNP/df_linux/raw/installed_raws.txt and distribute that pre-installed with your pack. This allows users to switch graphics packs in any save files that they made before switching graphics packs at least once. Otherwise, they will get the "savegames were skipped (would have broken raws)" error message.

It's also good to distribute a blank "gamelog.txt" file in the /LinuxLNP/df_linux/ folder so that users can launch soundSense without getting a "gamelog.txt not found" error if they launch soundSense before having ever launched the Dwarf Fortress from the pack.

Edit: Also, if you want to fix your save files that it says "would break raws" on, stick a "installed_raws.txt" file from the appropriate graphics pack into the /data/save/regionx/raw/ folder.

Thank you for your suggestions, I've made the appropriate changes to the lastest version and it seems to be working better for me now.

endoftheline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2016, 03:55:14 pm »

Thanks, but for Debian I had to replace
Code: [Select]
find_zlib /usr/lib32/libz.so /usr/lib32 with
find_zlib /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu in df_linux/distro_fixes.sh to get DF to start on Debian amd64. After that it works well, even Armok Vision and Dwarf Therapist. Good job!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2016, 04:57:57 pm »

Thanks, I've updated distro_fixes.sh in the LNP Linux repo.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 04:29:30 pm »

Thanks, I've updated distro_fixes.sh in the LNP Linux repo.

Awesome, I've updated my process to pull directly from your repo now, rather than my fork, so this will make its way into my next revision.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2016, 07:44:34 pm »

Well, it's not technically "my" repo - it was created by Beautato for config files for his pack, but I was given commit access, and then he disappeared, so I've mostly been maintaining distro_fixes.sh.

I'd be willing to give you access if you like - are you carterscottm on GitHub?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »

Yes, we're one in the same. That'd be great. Thank you!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »

Looks like I sent you an invitation on June 11, so you probably didn't get an email notification for me re-inviting you yesterday. Anyway, stop by https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack and you should have some sort of option to join there, I think.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »

Awesome, I just got it a little bit ago and accepted. Thanks again!

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2016, 06:58:58 am »

Hi there, is there a 0.43.05 on the way? (I just want to know if I should wait a bit before starting a new game)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2016, 07:49:23 am »

I'm holding off on doing a 43.05 pack until DFHack, TWBT, and Therapist are re-written to support the 64-bit code.  If you want 43.05 with a graphics pack now and can wait on everything else, I would suggest checking out the DF with pre-packaged graphics in DFFD.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2016, 08:40:51 am »

I'm holding off on doing a 43.05 pack until DFHack, TWBT, and Therapist are re-written to support the 64-bit code.  If you want 43.05 with a graphics pack now and can wait on everything else, I would suggest checking out the DF with pre-packaged graphics in DFFD.
OK! I don't see myself playing without the Therapist at the moment, so I shall wait.

Great work by the way! I really wish Linux DF utilities were more supported

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2016, 08:44:46 am »

It's not that Linux utilities aren't supported, it's that DT doesn't support 0.43.05 on any platform yet, let alone the 64-bit builds.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2016, 04:43:48 am »

It's not that Linux utilities aren't supported, it's that DT doesn't support 0.43.05 on any platform yet, let alone the 64-bit builds.
Ideed. I haven't played DF in years and I only discover now there is a 64bits version.

About LNP: I just download your latest Linux pack. I am unable to run DF from the LNP GUI. I get the following message in the terminal
/tmp/_MEICQtBPd/xdg-terminal: 364: [: x/home/alex/Downloads/LinuxLNP-0.43.03-r03/df_linux/dfhack: unexpected operator
/tmp/_MEICQtBPd/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
It seems that LNP knows where folders are though. Any clue?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2016, 06:51:04 am »

Did you enable files as executables? (No clue, just troublechecking.)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2016, 07:18:48 am »

About LNP: I just download your latest Linux pack. I am unable to run DF from the LNP GUI. I get the following message in the terminal
/tmp/_MEICQtBPd/xdg-terminal: 364: [: x/home/alex/Downloads/LinuxLNP-0.43.03-r03/df_linux/dfhack: unexpected operator
/tmp/_MEICQtBPd/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
It seems that LNP knows where folders are though. Any clue?

I'm not sure on this one, but judging by the error, it looks like some sort of conflict/misconfiguration with your terminal emulator.  Did you launch with startlnp, or did you run PyLNP directly?  I would recommend using the startlnp script to launch, though it may not have any bearing on this issue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10