Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85227 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »

Here's the latest revision to the Lazy Newb Pack for Linux!  As far as I'm able to tell, everything included is working properly.  Please let me know if you find something that isn't working or if you'd like to see something added, and I'll see what I can do about it in a future revision.

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.  This is used to ensure Dwarf Therapist can talk to Dwarf Fortress. 

Download HERE

Major Changes over previous revision:

• Updated PyLNP to v 0.12a.
    • This should be a more widely-compatible version of PyLNP, as it doesn't rely as heavily on the xdg-terminal script as previous versions do.
    • It will detect what terminal emulators are installed on your system and ask which one to use to use at first launch.
    • You'll be asked at first launch if you wish to import saves, and other files from a previous version.  Future upgrades will also import the sound packs for SoundSense and SoundCenSe (See below).
  • Added the SoundCenSe utility as an alternative to SoundSense.
    • This utility will require mono to be installed on your system.   If you don't have this installed, go here for instructions.
    • This will allow you to set custom volumes for weather, music, etc types of sounds to your liking. 
    • SoundCenSe and SoundSense both point to the same location for the sound files, so once you have downloaded the pack from one utility, they can be used interchangably.
  • Updated Armok Vision to 0.11.3.
    • Now includes first person mode when zoomed in, camera bobs up and down as if you were actually walking through your fortress
    • Allow the user to instantly turn off distant terrain and clouds, but enabling them still requires a restart.

Minor Changes over previous revision:
  • Removed the DF baselines from this pack, as they'll get downloaded automatically the first time you change graphics packs
  • Removed curses_640x300 as default font for all graphics packs, leaving the default font up to the pack maintainers.  Curses_640x300 is still an option for all packs, however.
  • Manually added manifest files for utilities if none was provided with the utility itself.
  • Other misc. bugfixes and optimizations

Included In This Package:

• PyLNP 0.12a
  • DF 0.43.03
  • DFHack 0.43.03-r1 STABLE
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  • TWBT 5.65
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Armok Vision 0.11.3
  • Legends Browser 1.0.12 (*Requires Java 8*)
  • 14 Graphics packs
    • Afro
    • AutoReiv
    • CLA
    • GemSet
    • IronHand
    • Jolly Bastion
    • Mayday
    • Obsidian
    • Phoebus
    • Rally Ho
    • Spacefox
    • Taffer
    • Tergel
    • Wanderlust

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:28:45 pm by Enay »

promet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:46 pm »

Though I may just be going blind, I cannot seem to find the actual link to this latest package. It doesn't seem to be in the primary post itself. I see the "mono install instruction" link, but not the link to LNP itself. Could someone help the sight-challenged and point me to it? Trying to resolve the xdg-terminal "/tmp/_MEIlTDBdm/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator" issue.

Thanks!

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2016, 03:26:43 pm »

Yeah, that's my bad.  Gimme a sec and I'll fix it.  Sorry about that, got in a hurry.

promet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2016, 03:33:45 pm »

Enay, no worries at all, thanks for all of your work!  ;D

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2016, 08:22:26 am »

Trying to resolve the xdg-terminal "/tmp/_MEIlTDBdm/xdg-terminal: 367: [: x-x: unexpected operator" issue.

Just checking, but were you able to get around this issue with the new version of PyLNP I included?

kiryl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2016, 04:12:04 am »

Any chance rebuilding Therapist against Qt5? Qt4 doesn't support HiDPI.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2016, 04:06:42 am »

You could try doing it yourself  https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2014/BUILDING.rst

I suspect it is probably a bad idea for a general ULLNP release as it needs to work for everybody (=most possible) but Enay might know better/be able to work some magic.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2016, 09:57:56 am »

I am having some trouble configuring the terminal. Is this the place to ask for support?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2016, 11:48:07 am »

I am also seeing error messages thrown to stderr.txt every time the LNP launches and also when I try to select the key bindings...

Code: [Select]
Running PyLNP 0.12a (OS: linux, Compiled: True)
ERROR: Unable to read current colors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in get_colors
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in <genexpr>
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/tkgui.options", line 243, in load_keybinds
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.keybinds", line 99, in load_keybinds
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.keybinds", line 51, in _sdl_get_binds
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.keybinds", line 81, in _get_vanilla_binds
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.keybinds", line 41, in _sdl_get_binds
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './LNP/Baselines/df_43_03/data/init/interface.txt'

it appears there are some hard-coded paths in the build.
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »

No. Those paths are the paths of the source files, which show up in error messages but aren't used anywhere else.

That sounds a lot like https://bitbucket.org/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/127/pylnp-for-linux-errors-out-trying-to, but that was supposed to be fixed in PyLNP 0.12a, so I'm not sure what the issue there is. I would post in the PyLNP thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »

Maybe 0.12a only fixed this part:
out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 51, in run_df
out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 92, in run_program
core.terminal", line 31, in get_terminal_command

And not this part:
out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in get_colors
out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in <genexpr>

It looks like the keybinds part of Daniel's error might be caused by a missing interface.txt in his baselines folder. 0.43.03-r03 of Enay's Linux Lazy Newb Pack was missing this file. 0.43.03-r04 didn't include baselines at all (relying on PyLNP's ability to auto-download the missing baselines). Maybe Daniel opted to copy over the incomplete baselines from -r03 instead of having PyLNP download the Windows version of Dwarf Fortress to get the baselines.

Edit: It looks like an interface.txt in the baselines might not be needed, actually. At least it seems to work okay on Mac without it. But it also seems pretty clear from the error log that it wants that file. I dunno.

Maybe it only needs an interface.txt in the baselines if the active version becomes unreadable or different from what PyLNP thinks it should be. Maybe Daniel made some edits to his keybindings and PyLNP tried to restore it to the vanilla version? I don't know why it wouldn't try to redownload the interface.txt, though, if it was missing and needed it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:16:48 pm by jecowa »

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:18 am »

I can confirm that the LNP/Baselines/df_43_03/data/init is empty apart from an empty macros folder.

I do have one other issue which may be down to me using Linux Mint 18. I am unsure what to put in the Configure Terminal field. When I run the startlnp script and choose "Run in Terminal", everything works fine but if I just choose "Run", LNP comes up but when I click Run Dwarf Fortress I very briefly see a fullscreen window with DF that instantly closes. Is that expected behaviour?
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2016, 12:40:14 pm »

I would post in the PyLNP thread.

Isn't that This thread?
Could you link it if it is not?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2016, 04:38:50 am »

Could you please add a note to your announcement that this package is 64-bit only?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10