Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85224 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:28:39 pm »

Here's the latest revision to the Lazy Newb Pack for Linux!  As far as I'm able to tell, everything included is working properly.  Please let me know if you find something that isn't working or if you'd like to see something added, and I'll see what I can do about it in a future revision.

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.  This is used to ensure Dwarf Therapist can talk to Dwarf Fortress. 

Download HERE

Major Changes over previous revision:

• Updated PyLNP to v 0.12a.
    • This should be a more widely-compatible version of PyLNP, as it doesn't rely as heavily on the xdg-terminal script as previous versions do.
    • It will detect what terminal emulators are installed on your system and ask which one to use to use at first launch.
    • You'll be asked at first launch if you wish to import saves, and other files from a previous version.  Future upgrades will also import the sound packs for SoundSense and SoundCenSe (See below).
  • Added the SoundCenSe utility as an alternative to SoundSense.
    • This utility will require mono to be installed on your system.   If you don't have this installed, go here for instructions.
    • This will allow you to set custom volumes for weather, music, etc types of sounds to your liking. 
    • SoundCenSe and SoundSense both point to the same location for the sound files, so once you have downloaded the pack from one utility, they can be used interchangably.
  • Updated Armok Vision to 0.11.3.
    • Now includes first person mode when zoomed in, camera bobs up and down as if you were actually walking through your fortress
    • Allow the user to instantly turn off distant terrain and clouds, but enabling them still requires a restart.

Minor Changes over previous revision:
  • Removed the DF baselines from this pack, as they'll get downloaded automatically the first time you change graphics packs
  • Removed curses_640x300 as default font for all graphics packs, leaving the default font up to the pack maintainers.  Curses_640x300 is still an option for all packs, however.
  • Manually added manifest files for utilities if none was provided with the utility itself.
  • Other misc. bugfixes and optimizations

Included In This Package:

• PyLNP 0.12a
  • DF 0.43.03
  • DFHack 0.43.03-r1 STABLE
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  • TWBT 5.65
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Armok Vision 0.11.3
  • Legends Browser 1.0.12 (*Requires Java 8*)
  • 14 Graphics packs
    • Afro
    • AutoReiv
    • CLA
    • GemSet
    • IronHand
    • Jolly Bastion
    • Mayday
    • Obsidian
    • Phoebus
    • Rally Ho
    • Spacefox
    • Taffer
    • Tergel
    • Wanderlust

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:28:57 pm by Enay »

Lasander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 04:53:46 am »

Woo Hoo!
Worship!

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:05:19 am »

thanks for your efforts, even though i can't use this package as i am using 32 bit linux.

out of curiosity: how did you create this tarball? i'm asking because i've never seen a tar archive where files where stored in random order (e.g. files come before the directory contaiining them).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:53:47 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11722
Note: When testing out the DFHack alpha1 release, I found a few of the included plugins had not been updated for 42.05. The included DFHack was built from source, and does not exhibit that error. I built it on my system using gcc 4.9.2

What plugins? I tested the build before releasing and didn't notice issues with it. If there is a problem with the DFHack package, you need to report it in the DFHack thread or on Github or chances are that nobody will know about it.

If you're at all interested in maintaining this in the future, I'm willing to give you access to the Github repo (although it's really just used for text/configuration files, not binaries, so I don't know how much of that has changed since the last 0.40.24 release).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:29:38 pm »

Why did the official one die?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 04:33:43 pm »

Beautato was maintaining the last one (for 0.40) and hasn't been around for several months.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 06:10:11 am »

New DF update on the 10th, is a new version on the way?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 11:45:32 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11722
Note: When testing out the DFHack alpha1 release, I found a few of the included plugins had not been updated for 42.05. The included DFHack was built from source, and does not exhibit that error. I built it on my system using gcc 4.9.2

What plugins? I tested the build before releasing and didn't notice issues with it. If there is a problem with the DFHack package, you need to report it in the DFHack thread or on Github or chances are that nobody will know about it.

If you're at all interested in maintaining this in the future, I'm willing to give you access to the Github repo (although it's really just used for text/configuration files, not binaries, so I don't know how much of that has changed since the last 0.40.24 release).

I can't remember exactly, it might have been autonestbox.  If I get time tonight I'll check and file a report.

As for getting access to the repo, that would be nice.  I ended up forking DFGraphics and LNP-shared-core into my own repo and added DFGraphics as a submodule in the graphics directory.  Other than that, all I did on my repo was tweak the PyLNP.json file to my liking.

As for updating the unofficial version to 42.06, I'm waiting for TWBT and DFHack, as well as a memory layout for Therapist (which may have already been done).

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 11:47:07 am »

thanks for your efforts, even though i can't use this package as i am using 32 bit linux.

out of curiosity: how did you create this tarball? i'm asking because i've never seen a tar archive where files where stored in random order (e.g. files come before the directory contaiining them).

I used file-roller, but should probably just utilize CLI tools in the future.  I didn't realize this was happening until after the fact..

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:51 pm »

I used file-roller, but should probably just utilize CLI tools in the future.  I didn't realize this was happening until after the fact..
thanks for clarifying. actually i am happy about this odd behaviour, it revealed a bug in the tar implementation i am using.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 11:02:34 am »

DOWNLOAD:  HERE

I've cobbled together all the components of LNP for Linux and thought others might want to try it out.  Your mileage may vary, but everything I've thrown at it seems to work.  Just run ./startlnp to launch.

Included are:

• PyLNP 0.10f
  • DF 0.42.06
  • DFHack 0.42.06-alpha1
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  • TWBT 5.57
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • Armok Vision 0.8.0
  • All the graphics packs you know and love

Changes in 0.42.06-r01:
  • ADDED Armok Vision 0.8.0
  • Updated DF to 0.42.06
  • Updated DFHack to 0.42.06-alpha1
  • Updated TWBT to 5.57
  • Manually updated graphics manifests to work with this version
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:05:17 am by Enay »

moozaad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 03:18:12 pm »

Thanks for this.  I discovered a minor bug; I had to renamed "Armok Vision-Data" to "Data" to get it to load but then get "In RPC server: I/O error in receive header."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:20:19 pm by moozaad »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 03:43:13 pm »

I'm fixing the issue with the folder name now, and I'm not sure what the deal is with the rpc server message. I saw that that on my rig too, but thought it was normal. I've never used armok vision before.

ragundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 03:47:20 am »

I only want to say thanks for your work. :D

metamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »

I recently put together an automated build script (for archlinux) which compiles the lnp/dfhack w assorted plugins/graphics. The AUR package can be found at this location. Perhaps it can be of use to anyone looking to build the latest snapshot of third party utils from source.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10