Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack  (Read 85233 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Linux Lazy Newb Pack
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 10:09:59 am »

Sort of, though it's not much more than the LNP folder structure and a few settings for utiities, dfhack init files, etc..  I forked off of https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/LNP-shared-core for it.

My fork can be found at https://github.com/carterscottm/LNP-shared-core.  I'm fairly new at GitHub and am still learning the ins and outs of it all, so please don't hate on it. ;)

I wrote a script for myself that clones the repo and downloads and extracts all the various bits into their proper locations, then creates a .tar.gz that I test and upload.  The only thing I need to change is the download links to represent the latest versions of the utilities, etc. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 05:07:54 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 05:35:16 pm »

Quote from: lethosor hlink=topic=156011.msg6936162#msg6936162 date=1460671674
What about https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux?

Honestly, I didn't even look at this one. I saw 40.24 in the title and thought there could be compatability issues with 42.x. I'll give it a closer look though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 10:48:51 pm »

I mean, that repo contains LNP-shared-core as a submodule and also has several Linux-specific files (e.g. distro_fixes.sh).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

goyhen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 08:16:53 am »

Hi,

I'm on a Debian 64bit distib.

I had the "Not found: data/art/Phoebus_16x16.png" problem too, but even in root access I doesn't work.

So I just install lib32z1 and lib32z1-dev from the debian repository and it work =)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 02:49:50 pm »

DOWNLOAD:  HERE

I've cobbled together all the components of LNP for Linux and thought others might want to try it out.  Your mileage may vary, but everything I've thrown at it seems to work.  Just run ./startlnp to launch.

Included are:

• PyLNP 0.11
  • DF 0.42.06
  • DFHack 0.42.06-r1
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0
  • TWBT 5.61
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • Armok Vision 0.9.1
  • All the graphics packs you know and love

terosious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:18 pm »

Tried starting this (using latest ubuntu, 32bit) and got a fairly strange result:
http://oi65.tinypic.com/a3jd6u.jpg

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 09:54:05 am »

Try:
$ ./startlnp

Rather than
$ sh startlnp

Tried starting this (using latest ubuntu, 32bit) and got a fairly strange result:

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »

The PyLNP executable in this pack is the 64-bit version; it won't work on a 32-bit OS.

You can grab a 32-bit PyLNP build from here (PyLNP_0.11-linux-i686.tar.xz); just extract that on top of the pack and you should be good to go.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 04:45:32 am »

Thanks for the pack!  Ran well on Manjaro with a quick embark test.  Haven't found the time to play much more than that...

It would be so cool if it kept receiving updates, even if only occasionally.

Patatatarte

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

Hi,

I'm on a Debian 64bit distib.

I had the "Not found: data/art/Phoebus_16x16.png" problem too, but even in root access I doesn't work.

So I just install lib32z1 and lib32z1-dev from the debian repository and it work =)

Wow, I have been searching to solve the same problem for a long time. Thanks ! You made my day.

hemperor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2016, 07:54:43 am »

I'm Having a problem with Dwarf Thrapist in Ubuntu 16.05 too! everything else works fine, somebody knows a fix, i will be grateful!!!

Those fix from the README.doesn't work either

sudo apt-get install libcap2-bin && sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip ./bin/release/DwarfTherapist

Or, you can create a script that will run Dwarf Therapist as a child of Dwarf Fortress::

#!/bin/bash
    set -e
    cd df_linux
    ./df &
    cd ../dwarftherapist
    exec ./bin/release/DwarfTherapist

i m already running with a launcher with the $gksudo ./starlnp command...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:02:59 am by hemperor »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 01:58:15 am »

More information would help find the problem.  I'm not really one to solve linux problem but maybe it is known behaviour?

If Dwarf Fortress launches okay but Dwarf Therapist gives you 'cannot find running dwarf fortress application' message (maybe slightly different words) then you need to start playing dwarf fortress - new game or load a save - then return to dwarf therapist window and click connect, now it should find dwarf fortress (it will even find it once you are in the embark screen).  Basically therapist expects a dwarf fortress game already running (game with data not just load screen) but LNP launches therapist immediately.

If the problem is something else give a more detailed description and someone (else probably) might be able to help.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 05:17:09 pm »

I've been having an issue getting the LNP version above to work. The strange thing is, I can get a straight install of Dwarf Fortress 43.03 to work, just not the LNP version.

I get this when attempting to run DF, either via the python script, or directly. Again, Using a straight install of DF, it works fine. Copying the files from the straight install into the LNP's DF folder, and it stops working.

When searching this out, I saw somewhere that there are missing dependencies. However, after installing the ones listed, nothing changes. For reference:

So they are installed. It still won't load. But the non LNP version does load?

Not a huge issue I guess, since I can play without it. But it is strange.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »

I've been having an issue getting the LNP version above to work. The strange thing is, I can get a straight install of Dwarf Fortress 43.03 to work, just not the LNP version.

Try a folder without spaces in the name?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10