Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Touhou 40,000: In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only Danmaku.  (Read 2312 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Copied from the "WTF" thread. This is a simple write up I did, combining both Touhou and 40,000.
Sure this may be a short lived thread, but I am interested in where it could end up and if we can get some images to go along with it, well...

Spoiler:  Write up so far (click to show/hide)

I have a few sketches I'll upload in a bit. I encourage anyone else to contribute if they so desire.
Also, the above is by no means set. Change what you feel should be or doesn't fit, especially if you can think of a better character to fit into a role. As I mentioned before, I do not know the characters in Touhou after U.F.O very well, so anything after Byakuren Hijiri and Nue Houjuu is a bit blurry to me.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

PTW because WTF
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I feel I'm going to regret PTWing this, but eh, I'm doing it anyway.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Regret nothing, let's see where our imagination can lead us.

Spoiler: Not too bad. (click to show/hide)

I need to practice more with doing hair. Other than that, the idea of Cirno being the leader of the Ultramarines was a forgone conclusion. I had originally thought of the Tengu as being the Inquisition, replacing heretic hunting with nosy news reporters. However, Shikieiki I think is a much better fit and is ready to find all heretics guilty. There's also some puppets which were the replacements for the Imperial Guard.

Another thing I had in mind was the replacement of all decorative skulls in Warhammer 40,000 with Yin Yang orbs. I'm not too sure about cybernetics or not. It's part of 40,000 but Touhou is much more carefree but that kind of thing isn't done too often in cross over drawings.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Oh god.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Touhou 40K: Moar Dakka!!!

I hope I'm not the only one thinking this.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

I am afraid i cant let this die so i will post here to revive it and get the creator to continue with this.......or maybe not and then wallow in my failure or something.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

The Emperor does not approve, but I do.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I suppose that I would enjoy this heresy much more if I knew what the hell is going on with Touhou. PTW anyway, gotta know your heretics to shoot them.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Well, I was trying to entice other people to join in though I understand it does require knowledge of both settings. I might do some more though I fear the jokes would be only half understood. Shikieki as an Inquisitor is a good fit and I would like to see a better image done. The cross over has been done before, here's Fujiwara no Mokou as a Sister of Battle. Though, a Salamander would work as well.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:33:25 am by Mech#4 »