Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start now, or wait for more people?

NOW
- 3 (33.3%)
Wait
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: A sword, some rum, and a dead dragon. Quests and ventures, Waitlist open!  (Read 17087 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Instead of 9 players I would highly recommend that you just pick your 6th favorite characters/players and go with it. Having two many players is an easy way to spell disaster.

I don't mind if you kick me out. :)
Yeah, I think I'll do that. Your character will still be in it though, I liked it!

Edited the OP, check to see who was accepted. Lenglon's character is Valyrie, yes. Also, I chose the ones I thought were the most detailed, and the ones I liked the most, really. If you don't want to be on the waitlist, just tell me and I can gladly take you off the list. Last thing I need, more people to deal with.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:46:56 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: A sword, some rum, and a dead dragon. Quests and ventures, Waitlist open!
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 05:12:04 am »

This sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I get in

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 11:33:03 am »

... Well then, Divide by Zero, Valyrie's old GM who knows all her secrets anyway, is in this game...
Ithaca may be approached for a partnership...
((please don't spoil Valyrie's secrets))
Quote from: OP
Now, once Lenglon has posted a sheet, we can get going.
!! oh shoot, 1 moment
Spoiler: Valyrie (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 03:13:30 pm »

Your party of 6 enters The Tavern, aptly named so, because it is the only tavern for miles around. You mingle, and order some drinks and food, before going out on your next (and first) adventure. But, as you are leaving, a small, stout man approaches you, and hands you a list. "Ay. You tink you're adventurers, ay? Well dat ain't right. Not at all. Only once you've completed my list of mythical beasts, are you an adventurer. Haha..... You think you're somethin' special, don't 'cha? Well.... Tell that to the 5th Dimensional Eldritch bein'."

He walks off, and you hear laughter coming from his table. And then the rest of the Tavern. He really made a fool out of you guys. Well, there's no point standing around here moping about it. Get to work! You take  out the list, and it is about as long as your finger, but the three words on it read "ALL OF THEM". So you now have to kill every mythical beast in existence, which sounds like fun. Hopefully you get beginner's luck, you're gonna need it.

The first part of your journey can either be in the Swamps of Big Wasps (the people here aren't very creative with names), MT. NoReturn, or, a delightful stroll through the Woods.

((For party-based major actions like these, you can all vote where you want to go, and if it's a tie, fate will decide.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:21:13 pm by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »

*I say we go to the mountain of no return.*
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 03:17:49 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 03:20:28 pm »

I vote Swamp
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 03:33:41 pm »

*I say we go to the mountain of no return.*

Mt. No Return sounds good. Although somehow whenever I look at you, I get the feeling that an enormous dragon is going to come out from the middle of nowhere and destroy us all. Oh wait. I was looking at a particularly nasty NPC behind you. The one who laughed at our party the hardest.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »

"Heh, Go where you will, I care not."
In a crowd this diverse, even I don't seem to stand out all that much. This is rather convenient.
"I don't suppose there is some kind of commission for these slayings you have requested? We would be fools to go get ourselves killed for free."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

In a crowd this diverse, even I don't seem to stand out all that much. This is rather convenient.
"I don't suppose there is some kind of commission for these slayings you have requested? We would be fools to go get ourselves killed for free."
The stout man laughs. "Well, people in the towns, will pay you for bringing them proof of these monster's death, as they don't really appreciate these things too much."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 06:05:19 pm »

The stout man laughs. "Well, people in the towns, will pay you for bringing them proof of these monster's death, as they don't really appreciate these things too much."
"So... No. Well, that's okay. You look trustworthy. We might as well take you on your word. Lets! go! everyone!"
I cock my head to my right and pump my right arm as I say 'lets go', bouncing a little as I do so.
I then start to turn away then glance back over my shoulder at the speaker.
"Say... Sir? I just noticed something."
I turn back around to face the man, and cross my arms in front of me.
"You look a lot like a mythical creature to me sir, think the people in the towns would pay for proof there's no more you?"
When I uncross my arms my right hand is holding a knife.

((Why oh why when I run my more volatile characters do I always end up in conflict more with Quest-Givers than actual enemies??))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:08:53 pm by Lenglon »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 06:25:25 pm »

*...*

Bind a water elemental to this plane for use as a minion, just in case things go wrong.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 06:42:21 pm »

"Ehhhhhh..."

Ithaca tilts her head to the side, perhaps slightly intoxicated.

"Am I the only one who just wanted to go gathering flowers and rare bugs and... uh...... other things........."
With that, she falls asleep on the patron sitting next to her. Not actually asleep though.

Vote for the forest stroll, implicitly.

((Why oh why when I run my more volatile characters do I always end up in conflict more with Quest-Givers than actual enemies??))

((I've noticed >.<))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:20:24 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »

The man steps away cautiously, falling back to his table. "I've been 'venturin' 'fore you existed, Echo. I know what you are, and I ain't afraid of ya'. I'm not about to fight ya' here though, in the middle of me favourite tavern." Valyrie had succeeded in pushing away the quest giver, and he can no longer be talked to.

((No fighting the Tavern patrons. They're basically all veteran adventurers, so if you really do want to fight them you will die. They know a lot.))
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »

((Does this mean we are going to the mountain?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10