Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

How does frequency for stone work?

(1/2) > >>

tranquilham:
Specifically, I'm talking about kimberlite and the diamonds inside of it.
I wanted to experiment with ore values, but I can't seem to find out if 100 is really common, or really rare. Can someone clear that up for me?

Button:
I'm not 100% sure for stone, but for animal & plant frequency tags, the higher the number the more common it is.

Teneb:

--- Quote from: Button on February 10, 2016, 02:58:04 pm ---I'm not 100% sure for stone, but for animal & plant frequency tags, the higher the number the more common it is.

--- End quote ---
Exactly like animal and plant frequency. It goes from 1 to 100, higher = more frequent. No idea what happens if set to 0, no idea why you would set to 0.

scamtank:
It's totally conventional. The reason why diamonds are hideously rare is because you need to have a random vein of kimberlite that overlaps with a random CLUSTER_SMALL with the random mineral dice roll deciding that out of all the possible options that can exist in gabbro/igneous intrusive layers, it should be faint yellow diamonds that one time.

Cheesoburgor:

--- Quote from: Teneb on February 10, 2016, 03:14:56 pm ---no idea why you would set to 0.

--- End quote ---
You can make civs use stone with 0 frequency without it ever appearing in the world perhaps? (Havent really experiemented with it though so im not 100% sure)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version