Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Typhoon Team (ready)  (Read 19874 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 27: Typhoon Team (ready)
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »

The Newbie Teams are going down with the express purpose of providing support to the vet teams, and as such you are all gonna be starting in the air, on your Shuttle.  If any of you want to pilot the shuttle manually, now is the time to say so. Otherwise I'm gonna assume standard automatic control taking voice commands from the team leader as the control scheme.  We've modified these shuttles for your specific use:

Normally there's only one exit on these things and thats the back hatch. These have been modified with a side hatch that can be opened in flight as well as a cable system on both the side hatch and the back hatch for quick lowering and raising of people.

We've installed a laser turret on the side hatch side. It draws power from the ship so it has infinite ammo, but be careful about over using it since it draws a lot of juice and as such can only be fired for a few seconds at a time.

We've armored the bottom side of the ship against small arms fire, so it should provide a bit more protection,

There's a broadcast system built in with a mic in the passenger compartment.

There are no stasis pods on this shuttle.

Keep all this in mind.

No sooner have you dropped out of your stasis pods than you're being hurried along by tingling sensations in your brain stem and mildly threatening commands over the intercom.

>I have I dial for the strength of this thing. I find that increasing it by 1 for each minute you're not on your shuttle is an effective method of motivation. Around 12 is where you lose control of your bowels. Hop to it.

You gather your gear and hurry from your rooms, floating towards the shuttles. Someone has helpfully installed a bunch of railings and hand holds along the walls while you were asleep, making moving around in the microgravity a lot easier. An angry looking man with a bat is hovering in the hall, tapping a metal bat against the wall.  He Points the bat at the group as you pass, smiling in a way that makes your skin crawl. You cycle through the hanger airlock and out into the vacuum of the hanger proper. Shuttles area already taking off, silently rising and drifting through the open blast doors and out towards the aquamarine orb of Trinity 3.  There are several steve bodies around; though they're now Robotic rather than synthflesh. One of them directs you to your shuttle, which is clamped to a wall. You launch up and catch hold, swinging into the passenger section.

After everyone is loaded on and strapped in the doors close and lock. The shuttle detaches and after that it's hard to tell exactly what it's doing. You feel acceleration, the occasional course correction and not much else for a while. Eventually, the sensation of gravity fades into being and you can hear the outer atmosphere starting to hiss past.

>We're coming in low and easy, Following Firestorm and Blizzard. Gonna stay up while they go down. Follow their lead, provide cover, bleed the rebel rousers and protect the line. First stop, Semilunar Bay Slums. Announcement system on Auto, weapons free, laser powered and active.

The side door slides open as the shuttle's thrusters kick in hard and bring it to a hover. You're about a quarter of a mile up off the ground, hovering above an expanse of rotten brown. Semilunar Island is a crescent shaped ridge of black stone and mossy vegetation jutting from the sea, and along its inner curve a floating city of shacks and tents has been erected, spreading unevenly out into the ocean for what looks like several miles. It's a great scab of rusted metal, sun rotted plastic tarps, black tires, multicolored nylon ropes, ties and metal barrels, all undulating in the surf. The sea around it is choked with garbage and stained with filth and anaerobic algae.  Hovering below you are Firestorm and Blizzard, their shuttles slowly searching for a good place to land. The other newbie teams hover nearby and you can see helmeted heads peaking out  and looking around.

>Beginning Transmission of the Truth across all radio bands, hijacked television stations and other communication systems as well as the shuttle broadcast system. Get ready teams, things are about to get ugly.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:40:04 am by piecewise »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Typhoon Team
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:20 pm »

Don armor, review gear specs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:14:06 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 05:13:33 pm »

To shuttle: "Maintain hover and start a slow circle around the area. First sign of trouble in our area, hover above the spot and broadcast 'Stay calm and move to the portals. We are here to evacuate you off planet and remove the tyrannical UWM remnants. We offer jobs, housing and food. Move along, bring your family, and only what you can carry on you.'"

Man the turret unless someone else wants too. Although I'm pretty sure I have the highest Con.

Make sure sharksuit is on, Stun stick is at stun, Spektr is at visible spectrum to dazzle/blind people, and electronades are at 8% for 1 second, set for impact detonation.

If someone attacks the shuttle, use the laser turret on them. Quick, clean, make a point.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:16:52 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 05:46:50 pm »

.....it...dosent look as....good as i hoped.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »

Start looking through all my gear, set the electrostick and two (Taken from the team equipment) Stun-nades on non-lethal, grab a couple of Goop grenades, too, then start nervously rechecking the gear.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:37:19 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »

Grab a few gummy grenades and a electro stick and one of everything else put sharksuit on if Abigail is not already wearing one also take some of the calming drugs that Riker is offering.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:16:33 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »

((Also, is it too late to switch my point in HAN to AUX?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 11:00:53 pm »

Put on Sharksuit, take an electrostick (set to stun), a couple electronades (set to 1 second, at 20%), a goop grenade, aster-x, and a flare gun. Scan the ground outside, looking for any potential threats.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »

Put on my sharksuit, ready gauss rifle, grab 3 electronades set all to 4 seconds set one to 2% and the other two to 8%.
edit also take an electrostick
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:57:39 pm by Swords-Otter »
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 01:37:03 am »

Put on sharksuit. Take two stunsticks, one set to stun, one to lethal, and place them (turned off) in opposite sides of my tool belt. Take three electronades, all set to 40% for three seconds, and three goop grenades. Ensure all gear is ready for use, including charging up my force infuser with a few punches. Whistle cheerfully and tunelessly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:54:44 am by AkumaKasai »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:06 am »

Take out my lunchbox of drugs and offer it to the team, either to calm their nerves or to pump them up. Riker takes a few himself.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 12:10:46 pm »

Don armor, review gear specs.

I'm gonna point out to our wiki gnomes that the cheat sheeps for these  guys seem to be missing the "Team" gear they were given. Least as far as I can see. And while I know they got stuff, I'm not entirely sure WHAT they got.

As per armor I think everyone got shark suits so thats something like a black skinsuit if I remember right. And it will take bullets and lasers pretty well in the small calibers.

To shuttle: "Maintain hover and start a slow circle around the area. First sign of trouble in our area, hover above the spot and broadcast 'Stay calm and move to the portals. We are here to evacuate you off planet and remove the tyrannical UWM remnants. We offer jobs, housing and food. Move along, bring your family, and only what you can carry on you.'"

Man the turret unless someone else wants too. Although I'm pretty sure I have the highest Con.

Make sure sharksuit is on, Stun stick is at stun, Spektr is at visible spectrum to dazzle/blind people, and electronades are at 8% for 1 second, set for impact detonation.

If someone attacks the shuttle, use the laser turret on them. Quick, clean, make a point.

You man the turret. For the moment things are uneventful, you're simply following the vet team and waiting. The broadcast is continuing but so far there's been no obvious signs of violence, least none directed at the ship.

Gear is loaded, worn, set and ready.

Start looking through all my gear, set the electrostick and two (Taken from the team equipment) Stun-nades on non-lethal, grab a couple of Goop grenades, too, then start nervously rechecking the gear.
Set and reset. About a dozen times.

Grab a few gummy grenades and a electro stick and one of everything else put sharksuit on if Abigail is not already wearing one also take some of the calming drugs that Riker is offering.
Gear grabbed, happy pill taken.

You begin to feel very calm, with a slight undertone of strange bubbly giddiness.

((Also, is it too late to switch my point in HAN to AUX?))
Go for it but this is the last change

Put on Sharksuit, take an electrostick (set to stun), a couple electronades (set to 1 second, at 20%), a goop grenade, aster-x, and a flare gun. Scan the ground outside, looking for any potential threats.
Done

As per threats, you can see anything that stands out for the moment. There's a hell of a lot of people down there but none of them are pointing metal tubes at you, not yet at least.

Put on my sharksuit, ready gauss rifle, grab 3 electronades set all to 4 seconds set one to 2% and the other two to 8%.
edit also take an electrostick
Done

Put on sharksuit. Take two stunsticks, one set to stun, one to lethal, and place them (turned off) in opposite sides of my tool belt. Take three electronades, all set to 40% for three seconds, and three goop grenades. Ensure all gear is ready for use, including charging up my force infuser with a few punches. Whistle cheerfully and tunelessly.
Done

Take out my lunchbox of drugs and offer it to the team, either to calm their nerves or to pump them up. Riker takes a few himself.
Of which kind? Or just random?

Wikignomes, please update their individual inventories with what they took this turn, including the settings. If we're short on some equipment, it's first come (Ie first post) first serve.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:33 am »

Riker takes a pair of random drugs. A sort of 'trailmix' of narcotics and chems. EDIT: Equip sharksuit if it isn't already.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:28:48 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 04:56:51 am »

FIDDLE MORE!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 11:07:12 am »

To shuttle: "Follow the nearest Vet team. At the first sign of trouble in our area, hover above the spot and broadcast 'Stay calm and move to the portals. We are here to evacuate you off planet and remove the tyrannical UWM remnants. We offer jobs, housing and food. Move along, bring your family, and only what you can carry on you.'"

Keep manning the turret unless someone else wants to.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12