Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Hurricane Team (ready)  (Read 26940 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Hurricane Team
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 12:34:12 pm »

Oh, man! I'd skip to it, but I might miss some of the exposition part 4 has to offer.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 12:41:32 pm »

stick to the shadows, and head down the south side of the ridge with draco at the ready. Look around at the slums below and where the mob is.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:51:05 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 01:26:12 pm »

Move toward the mobs and decrease altitude slightly.  Broadcast the following over the shuttle's speakers:  "we are here to assist you in undertaking a calm and orderly evacuation.  please wait patiently, staying where you are, while we ready the device we will use to evacuate you.  all who want to leave will be able to leave and will be provided with food and shelter.  if you do not want to leave, please return to your homes."  Are they mostly staying in place (except, perhaps, for those returning to their homes)?  No mass movement in any particular direction?

Add the following over the speakers and over civilian radio frequencies: "if you h-have any concerns, send them over the following frequency and we will address them as best we can:" Give them a radio frequency we can access.  Listen to it.

If possible, temporarily restrict Avalanche-1 and Typhoon-4 from all civilian radio frequencies.

Establish a text-to-speech connection between Dr. Gordon Freeman's (Avalanche-7's) wristpad and the mob-facing radio frequency.  If necessary, use my datapad to capture the text, convert it to speech, and transmit it through the radio at the provided frequency.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:42:22 am by Nunzillor »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 04:40:04 pm »

Marathon through waiting 1-3 so I can join in on part 4.
Since 4 (character) is piloting, let's say the exoskeleton-lending was turned down (as nunz suggested in chatter), so I'm still wearing it under the suit.
Prepare for combat by figuring out if I can hold the stunstick or knife with the cane metal. Maybe it can help keep me out of melee range. Grumble about melee weapons.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:37:13 pm by Moopli »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »

prepare for whatever happens in part 4 that calls for revenge in part 5
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Nunzillor

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 07:32:00 pm »

((Psst, who can really know, but I have a feeling that around now is when everything goes wrong.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »

(((Remind me, what are these parts you guys keep waiting on?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »

((The hit Star Wars waiting trilogy.  The original, not the bad one.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 07:41:38 pm »

((The hit Star Wars waiting trilogy.  The original, not the bad one.))
((ah)))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 01:15:27 pm »

Oh, man! I'd skip to it, but I might miss some of the exposition part 4 has to offer.
They do a lot of build up of the background in 4 but the later ones contradict most of it.

Just wait till 7, Waiting goes to space. Or 8, Waiting meets the Harlem Globetrotters.

stick to the shadows, and head down the south side of the ridge with draco at the ready. Look around at the slums below and where the mob is.
From this distance you don't really see much. No fires are burning and you don't hear any gun fire yet. They must still be in the early stages of panic.

Move toward the mobs and decrease altitude slightly.  Broadcast the following over the shuttle's speakers:  "we are here to assist you in undertaking a calm and orderly evacuation.  please wait patiently, staying where you are, while we ready the device we will use to evacuate you.  all who want to leave will be able to leave and will be provided with food and shelter.  if you do not want to leave, please return to your homes."  Are they mostly staying in place (except, perhaps, for those returning to their homes)?  No mass movement in any particular direction?

Add the following over the speakers and over civilian radio frequencies: "if you h-have any concerns, send them over the following frequency and we will address them as best we can:" Give them a radio frequency we can access.  Listen to it.

If possible, temporarily restrict Avalanche-1 and Typhoon-4 from all civilian radio frequencies.

Establish a text-to-speech connection between Dr. Gordon Freeman's (Avalanche-7's) wristpad and the mob-facing radio frequency.  If necessary, use my datapad to capture the text, convert it to speech, and transmit it through the radio at the provided frequency.

You break away from the formation and buzz across the slums, broadcasting your message. The mob appeared to be just a directionless collection of confused and angry people until you broadcasted your message. Now a lot of them are running back toward their homes while others are looking up at the shuttle. Some are attempting to  throw rocks or bits of garbage up at you, but none actually hit the shuttle.

Typhoon seems to have completely dropped off the  airwaves so you're safe there. 
[1]
You can't figure out a good way to cut off another team's coms. 

Marathon through waiting 1-3 so I can join in on part 4.
Since 4 (character) is piloting, let's say the exoskeleton-lending was turned down (as nunz suggested in chatter), so I'm still wearing it under the suit.
Prepare for combat by figuring out if I can hold the stunstick or knife with the cane metal. Maybe it can help keep me out of melee range. Grumble about melee weapons.

you'd be wearing the sharksuit under the exoskeleton, actually.

you can hold it like that, yes. 

prepare for whatever happens in part 4 that calls for revenge in part 5

Apparently what requires revenge is the fact that more waiting needs to be done.

Fair enough.

Nunzillor

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

Oh shit, I caused another disaster.  Well, who couldn't see that coming?  Anyway, any ideas?
Edit: I honestly don't see how that message could be threatening.  But perhaps my inability to see that is the problem...
Edit 2: What do you do when you've caused something terrible to happen?  Double down!

Give the civilians access to a frequency we have access to that isn't the inter-team ARM channel, please.  Restrict them from the inter-team ARM channel.  If this is not clear, please just restrict civilians from all channels that they shouldn't have access to.

Drop off the gunnerbot near Sir Jackson's elevated position.  Tell it to just stand by for now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:36:29 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 04:31:24 pm »

use jump jets and glide down towards the slums, try to land on a high area. Have draco continue his way down the  path. If I run into any citizens tell them to go to the portal or draco will shoot a gauss round straight to their crotch.(
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »

Waiting 5 coming up!

Waiting 5 will have to come later. Making a charisma roll.

"Let's see if I manage to make the situation any worse by some miracle."
Begin speech to citizens here.
*Ahem* "Attention, Citizens of Trinity 3. It has come to my notice that certain members of this organization have reacted quite terribly to the disclosure of team frequencies. I would ask that you ignore those members, and prepare to evacuate in an orderly manner. Any violence will suffer retribution. If you feel this operation is needless, I would like to remind you of Steve's opening message. That is all."

Now waiting 5 is up. Watch the fires of revolution spring to life.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:48:10 am by Zormod »

Nunzillor

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »

((Hmm.  I'm not sure, but I think if the intent is for a charisma roll you'll need to post a generic bolded action rather than write out a speech.  Not positive, however.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:28:31 am by Nunzillor »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 09:36:03 pm »

Peek out the side door. If/when we're over a crowd, scatter leaflets for the awakening of the proletarian masses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12