Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Mission 27: Firestorm Team (ready)  (Read 19436 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Firestorm Team
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2016, 09:58:08 am »

Travel with great haste towards the Primary Place of Pizza Procurement (henceforth referred to as the PPPP).
You know, by running across rooftops as dramatically as possible with my enhanced mobility feet. 

Keep an eye out for a civilian wearing a hat. If I see one, borrow their hat and combine it with my sunglasses and overcoat to create the perfect disguise.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 09:49:07 am »

All good, watch over the evacuation stopping ebola pretending to be people and armouries pretending to be people from going through.
You walk over to the edge the the parking structure and lean against the chest high concrete wall, looking down at the streets below. You can see the mob of people heading for the structure. Behind you, someone is honking at the shuttle, which you've parked across two lanes and on top of a minivan. It feels rather lonely here. Your teammates appear to have entered brain stasis.

Except for the one with the pizza fetish, wherever he went.

Travel with great haste towards the Primary Place of Pizza Procurement (henceforth referred to as the PPPP).
You know, by running across rooftops as dramatically as possible with my enhanced mobility feet. 

Keep an eye out for a civilian wearing a hat. If I see one, borrow their hat and combine it with my sunglasses and overcoat to create the perfect disguise.
You run across the roof tops until you see a man wearing a hat. It's a strange hat, sort of square shaped, but you steal it anyways. You combine the sunglasses, hat and overcoat to create the perfect disguise. You are of course disguised as the most suspicious man in the world.

You reach the PPPP in mere minutes. It's a little place, a corner store with an incomprehensible Italian sounding name and a flashing neon sign in the shape of a pizza slice. 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2016, 11:56:00 am »

"Well then, here we are. Forgive me, Whig my dear, but you'll have to lay low for a moment."

Conceal my gauss rifle beneath my coat. If Nancy is still following me, have her wait in a nearby alley or sidestreet or something, so long as she's out of sight. Then, approach the pizza place PPPP, push the doors open and approach the counter as casually and non-threateningly as possible. Leave my emoticon turned off, so as not to spoil my brilliant disguise.

Order the following:
Three margherita pizzas with plenty of cheese and sauce,
One deep-crust Starvation Diet with the Emergency Rationing Sauce and Poverty Crisis side dish,
One undefined pizza with plenty of dead stuff on it,
One deep dish pizza with a variety of meat seasoned with a liberal amount of pepper,
One extra pizza, whatever kind is most popular locally,
Four large bottles of soda (preferably Mountain Dew), a chocolate cake and a couple of loaves of garlic bread for the newbie teams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:56:27 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2016, 04:01:57 pm »

Give honker the finger, Place down the portal on top of the structure relatively far from the entries and wave to those below use loudspeaker somewhere/suit (AUX my way into something if I must) to advertise about how infectious diseases and weapons are not wanted in paradise.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2016, 10:58:15 am »

"Well then, here we are. Forgive me, Whig my dear, but you'll have to lay low for a moment."

Conceal my gauss rifle beneath my coat. If Nancy is still following me, have her wait in a nearby alley or sidestreet or something, so long as she's out of sight. Then, approach the pizza place PPPP, push the doors open and approach the counter as casually and non-threateningly as possible. Leave my emoticon turned off, so as not to spoil my brilliant disguise.

Order the following:
Three margherita pizzas with plenty of cheese and sauce,
One deep-crust Starvation Diet with the Emergency Rationing Sauce and Poverty Crisis side dish,
One undefined pizza with plenty of dead stuff on it,
One deep dish pizza with a variety of meat seasoned with a liberal amount of pepper,
One extra pizza, whatever kind is most popular locally,
Four large bottles of soda (preferably Mountain Dew), a chocolate cake and a couple of loaves of garlic bread for the newbie teams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They don't seem to know what the first one is, so you describe it as best you can.
They REALLY don't know what the next one is, and apparently neither do you, so they skip it.
1 Meatlovers
1 Deep dish meat lovers
One pineapple and ham.
4 bottles mountain dew
1 entire chocolate cake
5 loaves garlic bread for newbies

Your order will be up in about 2 hours.

Give honker the finger, Place down the portal on top of the structure relatively far from the entries and wave to those below use loudspeaker somewhere/suit (AUX my way into something if I must) to advertise about how infectious diseases and weapons are not wanted in paradise.
They have already come and entered via another post. Ya did so good you didn't even realize it happened.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »

Regretfully stop sighting the Brisant and head down the mountain to the Grove of Crystal War crimes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2016, 10:42:18 pm »

((Yay competence))
Continue enforcing border duty. Push the civilians through this thread this time, thus proving it superior.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:43:06 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:17 am »

"Thank you," Jobasio says in a cheery tone, making sure not to forget his manners.

Inspect the interior of the PPPP as I wait. What is the décor like? Do they have a TV on a wall somewhere? Am I the only customer?
Act casual. Cool it. Be cool. Just another average local dude on, uh, [PLANET NAME] waitin' for some tasty pizza.

Give Whig a reassuring pat through my coat, to keep her calm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »

Regretfully stop sighting the Brisant and head down the mountain to the Grove of Crystal War crimes.
Heh, I like that. Grove of crystal war crimes.

Thats a good name.  You head down there. Not sure what you're gonna do right there though. Maybe watch someone else lose their arms.

((Yay competence))
Continue enforcing border duty. Push the civilians through this thread this time, thus proving it superior.

BUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHCOMPETENCEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUB Time to wait for them to push more people this way. And wait.

And wait. You hope they bring people here soon. The voices are starting to get angry. The desire to entertain yourself...grows....

"Thank you," Jobasio says in a cheery tone, making sure not to forget his manners.

Inspect the interior of the PPPP as I wait. What is the décor like? Do they have a TV on a wall somewhere? Am I the only customer?
Act casual. Cool it. Be cool. Just another average local dude on, uh, [PLANET NAME] waitin' for some tasty pizza.

Give Whig a reassuring pat through my coat, to keep her calm.

Well you're the only customer in a fucking space suit. But it looks...well pretty much like you'd expect a pizza place to look. It's a milieu of semi-Italian decorations mixed with vague urban themes; little italy by way of a crowded subway, mama's homeland cooking in a shitty apartment downtown. There's a small section with tables but the store is quite small so the majority of it is taken up by the counter and the ovens. There was someone sitting outside at a table, eating a single slice on a plate, but there's no one in here except you and two very perplexed but now busy cooks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »

((Hey, I'm a robobobro, remember? No space suit here, no sir, just a brilliantly disguised robobobobody.))

Go outside and cheerfully greet the person outside, if they're still there after I took so long making my huge-ass order.
Act like a tourist (from the other side of the planet or something, I dunno) and enquire about interesting locations in the area. The city centre, for one thing.

"Greetings, citizen! It is a lovely [WEATHER-RELATED ADJECTIVE] day we're having today, is it not? Much nicer weather than back home, certainly."

Also point out a bit of cheese/sauce that has adhered itself to their face by miming some annoyingly vague face-wiping gestures with a concerned expression.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »

Let Xanessa back off from the crystal monsters and land a CLF3 grenade in the middle of them.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2016, 04:59:07 pm »

Occupy time by attempting to program suit exoskeleton to work with suit cameras such that the suit gives me assistance on centering my aim on a human-ey target something akin to the aim assist in some FPSes. Do this while maintaining control of checkpoint.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:13 am »

((Hey, I'm a robobobro, remember? No space suit here, no sir, just a brilliantly disguised robobobobody.))

Go outside and cheerfully greet the person outside, if they're still there after I took so long making my huge-ass order.
Act like a tourist (from the other side of the planet or something, I dunno) and enquire about interesting locations in the area. The city centre, for one thing.

"Greetings, citizen! It is a lovely [WEATHER-RELATED ADJECTIVE] day we're having today, is it not? Much nicer weather than back home, certainly."

Also point out a bit of cheese/sauce that has adhered itself to their face by miming some annoyingly vague face-wiping gestures with a concerned expression.
Gonna make it hard to eat the pizza then.

You head outside but the guy eating a slice has wandered off. Hmm. 

Your order is half done.

Let Xanessa back off from the crystal monsters and land a CLF3 grenade in the middle of them.
We'll assume she does.

[4]

Wait...you're about to lob an explosively flammable and poison gas producing weapon into a foam coated enemy in the middle of a suburb. This might result in the entire suburb catching fire...Which would probably be bad.

Occupy time by attempting to program suit exoskeleton to work with suit cameras such that the suit gives me assistance on centering my aim on a human-ey target something akin to the aim assist in some FPSes. Do this while maintaining control of checkpoint.
[1]
Hmm. You can't quite get it to work. It has a bad habit of determining things that are not humans, are humans, and snapping your aim onto them. Makes it very hard to pan left and right with the gun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:03 am »

try and "teach" it by limiting it to things that are roughly human shaped and continue refinement. Lower the strength of the snap-to-target thing for the time being while teaching then tune up the speed over time.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2016, 01:13:24 pm »

Go for a bit of a walk to pass the time. Study the area and is inhabitants.
Make sure I am back by the time my order is due to be ready- set an alarm if need be.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8