Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Mission 27: Earthquake team  (Read 22998 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Earthquake team
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 05:34:50 pm »

((Weird, laser used to be lethal at these settings at this kind of range, like during battle of Hep. Oh well.))

Again! Lower diffusion as needed, shoot more fools. If the sunburned/blinded enemies are no longer a threat, leave them be and focus on the ones still actively resisting.
Max diffusion at several hundred feet in atmosphere?

((I think so yeah, when some high flying Mk.III sods assaulted us this setting (at max intensity, mind) seemed to do the trick well enough. Though of course the exact distance wasn't stated then, so maybe I'm just interpeting things on the wrong side of 'give or take a bit'. Or maybe the mass combat we had going on then made you fudge things more. You could retcon it so the right intensity setting for this range was used, but it probably doesn't make a world of difference anyway, so don't worry your shiny animated skull about it.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:35:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 09:25:05 pm »

((I'm going to PTW this.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 10:05:14 pm »

Stand ground, laser dudes, sing battle hymns.  Focus any armor that comes out.

EDIT:  Judging by the Tsunami post, there's actually no threat any more.  Move forward and get a high ground position on the gate?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:07:59 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:52 am »

((PTW for Pancaek Id Shenanigans!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 10:45:41 am »

"Yeah! Fuck your rockets, you assholes! We're going to liberate the fuck out of you!"

If there are still enemies, continue shouting angrily at them and take the occasional potshot with my blaster pistol while staying safely behind brother Lars. These assholes can go burn in hell for opposing glorious ARM.

IF there are no enemies left (As toaster states seems to be the case judging from tsunami's post), calm down and follow Lars, keep scanning for hostiles. If we pass the fallen enemies, check if they've got anything worthwhile on their corpses.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

((Weird, laser used to be lethal at these settings at this kind of range, like during battle of Hep. Oh well.))

Again! Lower diffusion as needed, shoot more fools. If the sunburned/blinded enemies are no longer a threat, leave them be and focus on the ones still actively resisting.

If there is no more active threat, then round up the surrendering and wounded enemies, disarm them and throw them in a holding cell in the ol' pocket dimension.

[5]
You set the laser to a lower diffusion rate and carefully swing it side to side, slicing up the top of the wall. After two passes no one is shooting anymore.

"Ingrates. I gave them a chance to surrender too."

Ah, I did not know about the range. Then shooting it is. I guess it can't be helped. Let's go for Blue Lightning while flying towards the wall. I've never seen what it does to living things. Might as well find out. If I'm lucky, it will only stun them instead of chain-lightning them to ash or stealing their brain's electricity or turning them all into superpowered beings.

Edit: Actually, flying might trigger my light shield, so shoot first, fly second.
I think Miya has handled the need for shooting, at least for the moment.

Stand ground, laser dudes, sing battle hymns.  Focus any armor that comes out.

EDIT:  Judging by the Tsunami post, there's actually no threat any more.  Move forward and get a high ground position on the gate?

You look up  towards the thoroughly lasered wall. It seems that's covered. So you head up the stairs. You're near the top when something explodes from inside the cave mouth. A moment later renen comes flying out, wreathed in smoke, and bounces down the stairs. You dash forward and catch him before he can fall any further down.

"Yeah! Fuck your rockets, you assholes! We're going to liberate the fuck out of you!"

If there are still enemies, continue shouting angrily at them and take the occasional potshot with my blaster pistol while staying safely behind brother Lars. These assholes can go burn in hell for opposing glorious ARM.

IF there are no enemies left (As toaster states seems to be the case judging from tsunami's post), calm down and follow Lars, keep scanning for hostiles. If we pass the fallen enemies, check if they've got anything worthwhile on their corpses.

Your id (should name him so I can use a proper noun here) whips the burning corpses off his blade and follows you up the stairs.  He scans around, looking for goodies just as you are, but neither of you can find anything nearby thats worth keeping.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 01:58:58 pm »

Eh, then just fly towards the wall and check the area for anything interesting.

Keep telling people to evacuate to the evacuation points and move away from the capital building. Also tell them that this area is now under our control and that any hostiles should surrender.

Edit: If people do surrender or are otherwise unable to fight, destroy their weapons and send them away to evacuate. Having people that survive tell the others that surrender is an option may increase the chances of others surrendering.

If someone is too injured to evacuate, then ask someone else (civilian or one who has surrendered) to help them evacuate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:38:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »

Once surrendering people/POW's are gathered together, disarm them if needed, then open pocket dimension to a holding cell and dump them in there. Dump their weapons and stuff into a separate room.

Then check out the gate area more closely. That wall, does it obscure vision much? Could it be used as a good chokepoint? Could cameyes see someone trying to hide behind it? Basically trying to decide if we should leave it be or destroy it, so need some more info for that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:17:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 02:35:04 pm »

Your id (should name him so I can use a proper noun here)
((I already have. His name is Comrade Dimitri, the will of the ARM commissariat made manifest.))

"For anyone still alive, lay down your weapons and come out into the open. ARM will guarentee you safe passage and a chance to survive this whole mess. Any and all continued hostilies will be met with overwhelming force!"

Go check out the wall for survivors. Check my corners and keep an eye out for traps

If they surrender, tell them to gather up in the open under the watchful eye of Miyamoto. Make sure to reign in Comrade Dimitri if he tries to attack people who surrender.

If they do not surrender and still feel like fighting, get into cover and curse them, may they burn in hell for not accepting our glorious assistence.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:03:23 pm by Pancaek »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »

Gently place down fellow robot overlord Renen, maybe patting him on the head affectionately.  Find a good high spot with open sight lines to anyone who might be approaching the fortress from without.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »

Eh, then just fly towards the wall and check the area for anything interesting.

Keep telling people to evacuate to the evacuation points and move away from the capital building. Also tell them that this area is now under our control and that any hostiles should surrender.

Edit: If people do surrender or are otherwise unable to fight, destroy their weapons and send them away to evacuate. Having people that survive tell the others that surrender is an option may increase the chances of others surrendering.

If someone is too injured to evacuate, then ask someone else (civilian or one who has surrendered) to help them evacuate.

The wall? Well it's quite large (hey now) and clearly quite old. This wasn't created by the invading former UWM, this was something native they took over. It's been refinished and painted white but the brief and anticlimatic battle has revealed sections of the underlying stone. A stone wall this high must have taken a great deal of time and effort; no doubt the ruling class here wielded a lot of power. Especially considering how seemingly ornamental this is.

Most of the civies are gone, the only ones left are those running out from the capital building itself and they've decided to hoof it across the steep natural rock slope rather than down the stairs your team is occupying. Fair enough, gets them out of the way at least.

Once surrendering people/POW's are gathered together, disarm them if needed, then open pocket dimension to a holding cell and dump them in there. Dump their weapons and stuff into a separate room.

Then check out the gate area more closely. That wall, does it obscure vision much? Could it be used as a good chokepoint? Could cameyes see someone trying to hide behind it? Basically trying to decide if we should leave it be or destroy it, so need some more info for that.

The only people left behind now are civies. No one from this outer area seems to have surrendered. At least no one you can find. No one alive, for that matter.

The wall  and gate could be used as a good chokepoint to prevent entrance into the capital compound, and it is tall enough to obscure your view of the entire area beyond it, save for the small glimpse you get through the gate itself.

No, cam eyes can't see through 20 feet of stone.

Gently place down fellow robot overlord Renen, maybe patting him on the head affectionately.  Find a good high spot with open sight lines to anyone who might be approaching the fortress from without.
You set renen down. He squirms out of your grasp and shoots off, back up the stairs. Cute little murderous robot.

The best place you can find that has both high ground and a view of the area outside is the gate and the wall itself. You could go land up there and keep watch but that would make you a pretty big target to anyone on the outside.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 04:32:34 pm »

Could I use the laser to cut down (at an angle, so the rest slides off) part of the wall so that it still acts as a chokepoint, but also gives us decent view (and firing angle) to the area beyond?

Can I patch into the birds-eye view of the area that the gunship has?

Next, scan the lane from the gate to the main building with cameyes, can I spot any hidden exits or explosives or anything like that?
If there's time left, scan the main building/mountain, any spots where snipers or other ne'erdowells could engage us from?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:57:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 04:49:06 pm »

Get up on the wall and start setting up cameras on either side of every other tower to ensure we can see behind the wall and have some redundancy.
Something like this for the wall:

Spoiler: Wall (click to show/hide)
And for the gate:
Spoiler: Gate (click to show/hide)
If the wall has no towers, then just choose an appropriate distance.
If it can't be done that way, then just place the cameras around as best I can.

Are there any cameras on the wall? If yes, are they wired? Can I see where the wires are going using X-rays?

Edit: Is Lars' LESHO capable of indirect fire, like an artillery?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:36:15 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:51 pm »

Hit up that spot.  Can I use the Raduga and Battlesuit Strength to make some impromptu fortifications?  If so, make it happen.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 02:06:37 pm »

Loiter around the corpses for a while, look for anything that could make for a trophy. Medals/neat looking guns or something.

Converse with Comrade Dimitri (Id)

"You know Comrade, I really like the way you handled those guys back there. I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10