Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Mission 27: Earthquake team  (Read 22260 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 27: Earthquake team
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2016, 09:07:34 am »

Alternatively, suggest we nuke the storm to make a hole in it for us to fly through. To create an eye in the storm, if you will.

((I know people tried all sorts of weird stuff with nukes during the Cold War. I wonder if anyone tried using nukes to disperse storms...))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2016, 09:47:54 am »

Go with RC's teleporty plan if it's possible.

Alternatively, if we need to actually go through the storm, have Comrade Dimitri protect the shuttle from any storm-shenanigans.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2016, 10:54:51 pm »

Make a ludicrously big faraday cage. Also get thousands of pounds of extra scrap metal.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2016, 11:18:32 pm »

((I know people tried all sorts of weird stuff with nukes during the Cold War. I wonder if anyone tried using nukes to disperse storms...))

(( https://what-if.xkcd.com/23/ Second one down))

Assist Miyamoto with his actions.  Pray to Algis for safe egress.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2016, 10:10:32 am »

Could I use my pocket dimension generator to open a portal inside the mountain, one portal somewhere outside the storm, after which the shuttles fly close to the portal outside the storm and we board the shuttle through the mountain-side portal, thereby circumventing the storm itself handily?

Alternatively, could we create a very large Faraday Cage with stuff we loot inside this mountain base and use that to power through that storm and get the hell outta here? Or maybe, if a cage is too big, a sort of big lightning rod to hopefully draw the electricity away from us?

By the way, can I still bring the Avatar, or not? Don't wanna go with it if it'll just get commandeered five seconds in, though figuring out the replacement would take time as well.

Sorry to be persistent, but I'd kinda like to know as soon as possible whether or not I'll need to plan out a whole new set of equipment for just this last mission or not.
This plan, the portaling out works.

We'll skip fucking about with the details because eh.

Also your avatar...may not work where you're going. We don't know.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:21 pm »

Evacuation. I guess I'll have to catch up now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:05 pm »

Evacuate with the team.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]