Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mission 27:Tsunami Team  (Read 15042 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Tsunami Team
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 02:02:11 am »

"Surrender, scamper off and don't look back. That'll probably get you alive and off this mess." Milno said as he arrived, looking around the area nonchalantly. He wondered if they'd end up finding stuff better handled by the team pleasantly camping outside.

When the team moves forward deeper into the facility, follow along to provide fire support.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 06:24:33 am »

Follow along my team. After all of them. Look around, watching for any possible traps or soldiers. Enter BT and avoid any attacks, in the case one happens. Use my shade cloak to become invisible.

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 11:14:32 am »

Well. Plunder all their weapons. Then rocket up through the skylights.
You grab their rifles off the ground and then fly straight up through one of the skylights. Why you do this, we'll never know, but you end up on the mountain side up above.

Faith plods up to the screaming kittens, and pets her good kitty.

"Hello and thank you for surrendering! You now get to live, probably. I'm not going to kill you, anyway.

However, before I let you run screaming to sort-of safety, I'd like to ask you a few questions. You still get to live if you don't answer, but it'd be polite.

First question: What's the shape and layout of this building?

Second question: What sorts of military power can we expect further in?

Third question: Who's in charge here and where might they be? I mean really in charge, the ones who call the big shots and make things happen."

Question screaming lost kittens.
Step forward and answer Faith's questions honestly, but details based on her charisma roll if it makes sense in the situation.
Then in turn ask questions from her: Who do we have joy to serve now? How much of that radio transmission was total bullshit?

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Faith learns the following from one particularly helpful and talkative soldier:
The building takes up much of the inside of this mountain, extending both up and down into the stone. A regular dwarf fortress.
That the most powerful military equipment and leaders are down deeper in, while much of the upper levels have been left either empty or used as storage. Though there are also booby traps on most anything valuable up there.
He says that the general is in the deep part of the structure.

Follow along my team. After all of them. Look around, watching for any possible traps or soldiers. Enter BT and avoid any attacks, in the case one happens. Use my shade cloak to become invisible.

"Surrender, scamper off and don't look back. That'll probably get you alive and off this mess." Milno said as he arrived, looking around the area nonchalantly. He wondered if they'd end up finding stuff better handled by the team pleasantly camping outside.

When the team moves forward deeper into the facility, follow along to provide fire support.

Faith is doing that annoying diplomacy thing so you wait on her to finish.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 06:36:19 pm »

"Thank you! As far as I'm aware that transmission was entirely accurate, so you work for ARM now or you die from physics not doing what it's supposed to be doing. I'd try to get to a portal sooner rather than later, since we don't know how the situation might develop, but 'poorly' is always a fair guess.

And with that, you're all outlived your usefulness off you go. Good luck!"

Get best kitty to set down the soldiers and shoo them off.

Then lead the way forward with my solid light riot shield. We're looking to head downward, where the fun toys and happy friends are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »

Follow the heavy hitters, light shield up, using the whip and changing vision modes to check for traps.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Get/make a round boulder about the size of the hallways.
Crash down through a skylight somewhere else in the mountainside and storm some more! Roll the boulder in front to check for enemies and crush any traps.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 01:09:46 am »

"ARM? Ain't that the shoddy and persistent rebellion thing? Though," Nia eyes the giant kitty and the suspiciously fast guy "if you are capable of breaking tech bans then guess you are not exactly as shoddy as we were told..."

Obey the superiour firepower and wander off to... Earthquake thread, I guess?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 02:59:20 am »

"Yeah, they're not gonna tell you we're here to get rid of the UWM to unite humanity against a different threat, they're gonna say those half-starved criminals haven't quite been killed yet. But here we are and here everyone else is, so apparently we're doing something right."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2016, 10:42:03 am »

Follow my team. Behind Faith, with a safe distance in case she is caught in a trap. Look around, watching for any possible traps or soldiers. Enter BT and avoid any attacks, in the case one happens. Use my shade cloak to become invisible.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 12:46:36 pm »

"Yeah, they're not gonna tell you we're here to get rid of the UWM to unite humanity against a different threat, they're gonna say those half-starved criminals haven't quite been killed yet. But here we are and here everyone else is, so apparently we're doing something right."
"I guess. Saving civilians sounds right. IF that's what you are really doing."
Old sigs.
Games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

"I guess. Saving civilians sounds right. IF that's what you are really doing."
"I'm afraid you'll have to take our word for that, but in our defense we'd have to work at it a bit to take them someplace worse than here."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2016, 02:54:41 pm »

((Noooo, not so publicly. Oh well.))
I did it so they wouldn't murder you the instant you stopped talking.

They still might but at least now the chances are slightly better.

Slightly.

"Thank you! As far as I'm aware that transmission was entirely accurate, so you work for ARM now or you die from physics not doing what it's supposed to be doing. I'd try to get to a portal sooner rather than later, since we don't know how the situation might develop, but 'poorly' is always a fair guess.

And with that, you're all outlived your usefulness off you go. Good luck!"

Get best kitty to set down the soldiers and shoo them off.

Then lead the way forward with my solid light riot shield. We're looking to head downward, where the fun toys and happy friends are.

The rear hall leads to a polished marble room with several large skylights. It's pleasant and well lit, but unfortunately has several halls that lead away from it. Luckily, in the center of the room is a large stone plinth with what appears to be a map on it. You smile and head for it when some goddamn idiot drops through the ceiling and crushes it with a bolder.

Lovely.

Get/make a round boulder about the size of the hallways.
Crash down through a skylight somewhere else in the mountainside and storm some more! Roll the boulder in front to check for enemies and crush any traps.

In this story Nav will be playing the role of "Some Idiot"

"ARM? Ain't that the shoddy and persistent rebellion thing? Though," Nia eyes the giant kitty and the suspiciously fast guy "if you are capable of breaking tech bans then guess you are not exactly as shoddy as we were told..."

Obey the superiour firepower and wander off to... Earthquake thread, I guess?
I guess.

Follow my team. Behind Faith, with a safe distance in case she is caught in a trap. Look around, watching for any possible traps or soldiers. Enter BT and avoid any attacks, in the case one happens. Use my shade cloak to become invisible.

Follow the heavy hitters, light shield up, using the whip and changing vision modes to check for traps.
I can only imagine both Milno and Renen standing around in the back as Faith and Dubley perform vaudeville acts. And they are both non-plussed and annoyed at the same time. Just Shaking their heads.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2016, 04:46:47 pm »

Faith puts her hands on her hips and tilts her upper half in an exaggerated OH YOU pose.

Head down the leftmost hallway, on the lookout for enemies, traps, clues to this wing's purpose, and helpful maps.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »

Rock and roll! Can't stop the rock! Roll my rock down the rightmost hallway.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7