Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Reaction Question: use always the same bar when multiple bars are required?

<< < (2/2)

Bogus:
i wrote an addon that does pretty much that, it creates reactions and the menu structure for them based on a relativly simple lua table. you can use a reaction as template and fill in wildcards like material type through the menu ingame. the thing with the bars is easy to do. it also supports submenus and multiple wildcards (like for item type). it likely at this point only works for custom workshops, if it works at all, and you have to replace the whole shop menu. ie any reactions you already have in the shop need to be registered in the lua table.

there are still a few problems with the code and i didnt work on it for a couple of month. it also ran on the last df version, i dont know if it will easily transfer to the new one. if you are interested, i can upload the code to my github and you can look at it yourself. you may even be able to run it without changing anything. needs dfhack to run.

IndigoFenix:
Alternatively, you can create a metal tool that uses the regular Forge (which takes metal bars of the same type), and then use that tool in the reaction.

Urist McGoombaBrother:
Many thx for your help. I intended this for a mod. So it should be running on vanilla DF without DF Hack or other utilities.

When specifiying the details for a material with the implemented upgrades to work orders in DF v42.06, that seems be handled this way. However, details are currently not selectable with all custom reactions like for stone. But maybe that get's fixed as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version