Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released  (Read 81033 times)

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:03 pm »

Ok, so thankfully I'd previously added some reactions myself involving bone carving, and now I can change them to the new system.

There is one problem though.

The keybinding for done and change name is not correct. I think the '?' is a placeholder for undefined, since pressing ? does not do this.
Anyone know how to fix this?

Based on your screenshot, it's probably the same issue that Shonai_Dweller had (see below).
He stated there is nothing wrong with the vanilla version, so maybe send him a PM to figure out what the issue is.

I hope that helps.

Not sure if it's my tileset, but I'm trying to carve a bone figurine and the options Done! and Change name are labelled ? instead of whatever the key is supposed to be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: Ah, actually there's some other messed up stuff. Probably just something I broke then. Vanilla works OK.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:04 am »

^

Problem was caused by copypasting previous version's interface (keybindings) file.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 12:41:27 am »

Ah. Keybindings file. That should really go into the file changes.txt. Have just started re-inputting my minor raw changes manually but probably would never have spotted that.

Also spotted a few invisible creatures while sneaking in the wilds in search of bones. Don't think I've seen that before, maybe it's just vermin?

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 12:44:32 am »

Is this fully compatible with a save from 42.05? What is procedure to make that save work?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 01:05:45 am »

Copy data/save over to the new version and it should work.

Ah whoops, yeah, should have had the new keys in file changes.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 02:02:39 am »

Are .05 graphic sets supposed to work with this version, or do we need to wait for them to be updated as well? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 02:27:19 am »

(*) Added adv mode bone craft carving with image specification

So, dwarves can make scrimshaws now? And maybe depicting their own exploits? We need  boats now more than even.

Great fixes, by the way.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 02:37:14 am »

Are .05 graphic sets supposed to work with this version, or do we need to wait for them to be updated as well? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Generally, a graphic set will work just fine between versions if it follows the format set forth by the graphics_example.txt. Occasionally, definitions may need to be updated, but even then DF won't error unless you are also transferring a save from a previous version and will only error for that save. If a graphic set relies on things outside the vanilla method (e.g. Raw edits, "Tile Magic," DFHack, TWBT), then it lies upon the author of the set or hack to update their end.

You could probably get a more specific answer in the thread of the graphic set you're referring to.

I hope that helps.

DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 04:05:18 am »

Generally, a graphic set will work just fine between versions if it follows the format set forth by the graphics_example.txt. Occasionally, definitions may need to be updated, but even then DF won't error unless you are also transferring a save from a previous version and will only error for that save. If a graphic set relies on things outside the vanilla method (e.g. Raw edits, "Tile Magic," DFHack, TWBT), then it lies upon the author of the set or hack to update their end.

You could probably get a more specific answer in the thread of the graphic set you're referring to.

I hope that helps.

Thanks. I'm using PyLNP to install graphic sets, and it simply doesn't display the previous .05 graphic set as available for the new Dwarf Fortress.

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 04:28:57 am »

I hope that helps.

Thanks. I'm using PyLNP to install graphic sets, and it simply doesn't display the previous .05 graphic set as available for the new Dwarf Fortress.
Pretty sure 42.06 starter pack hasn't been released yet, so that'd be your first problem.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 04:33:42 am »

I hope that helps.

Pretty sure 42.06 starter pack hasn't been released yet, so that'd be your first problem.

I'm not using the starter pack, I download everything separately and assembling the folders myself. The previous PyLNP binary still seems to be working, except for this graphic thing.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 06:07:28 am »

If you downloaded everything seperately, why do you need the starter pack at all? Aren't you making things overly complicated? Copy graphics into folder, update init.txt. Not that hard.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 07:07:55 am »

Oh I'm already in full hype mode now. Took my a while before I realized that only figurines open the image menu, however...horse hoof figurine, huehuehue.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 07:14:28 am »

If you downloaded everything seperately, why do you need the starter pack at all? Aren't you making things overly complicated? Copy graphics into folder, update init.txt. Not that hard.

Because LNP interface is convenient. It's just that the usual packs come with a lot of stuff I don't need. All I want is the game, a graphic set and therapist.

It's working now,it just needed a small text edit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 08:03:50 am »

Is it a bug or an added feature that we can now make large rock wood / bone / shell / horn / tooth / ivory / pearl gems in the craftsdwarf workshop?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:07:40 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9