Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released  (Read 81239 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:41 am »

Did this update change something with regards to how masterpiece trading is handled? I got messages saying that masterpieces were lost now twice, once when the human caravan left, and then when the dwarven caravan left. I sold them some masterpiece roasts.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 11:02:41 am »

Love the bug fixes and looking forward to the specific statue designations.

Thank you!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:54 am »

Damn it Toady, I have work that I need to do and I haven't gotten a new CPU yet. Why must you tempt me so?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 11:48:38 am »

Thanks for another great release! The details of this game beats everything ever done within computer gaming. Be proud of your work and may Armok bless us all!
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2016, 11:53:03 am »

oh wait isn't Travel advisory suppose to be removed because it seems to be still in announcements.
and the only error that pops up in the errorlog hmm wonder if gutting that out manually will fix some issues?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:33 am »

I can offend the elves by trading them little wooden figurines of elves looking offended at little wooden figurines.

I don't know what more I could ask for.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 12:00:55 pm »

I can offend the elves by trading them little wooden figurines of elves looking offended at little wooden figurines.

convincing elves that nature is horrible and allowing them to accept wooden figurines?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 12:13:18 pm »

oh wait isn't Travel advisory suppose to be removed because it seems to be still in announcements.
and the only error that pops up in the errorlog hmm wonder if gutting that out manually will fix some issues?
Check 9555, "Vanilla game simply will not start on MacOS ElCapitan", please. , another report with Travel advisory.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:27 pm »

Ohgodwut. Hmm...how deep can the layers go? Make a little wooden figurine of elves looking offended at a little wooden figurine of elves looking offended at a little wooden figurine.

Triggerception.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 02:55:16 pm »

Thanks Toady !

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2016, 05:31:17 pm »

Ohgodwut. Hmm...how deep can the layers go? Make a little wooden figurine of elves looking offended at a little wooden figurine of elves looking offended at a little wooden figurine.
...and then prepare your carving knife again, show that figurine to some elves, see if they get offended by it and start carving next-level figurine.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »

...and then prepare your carving knife again, show that figurine to some elves, see if they get offended by it and start carving next-level figurine.

Repeat until the elves make a figurine of elves being offended out of your bones. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:34 pm »

Having genned a new world and had a brief survey: the perspective changes when you (l)ook at yourself (you're now "you" as opposed to character name, profession) or when just being in the company of others (everyone's name is shown) is fantastic. Much thanks Toady! Love these changes.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »

Check 9555, "Vanilla game simply will not start on MacOS ElCapitan", please. , another report with Travel advisory.

I'm on 10.7.5 Lion. I was getting that travel advisory, but I deleted it from the announcements.txt and there's been no new error upon restarting DF.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:14 pm »

What was 'travel advisory'? Is that what tells you 'you can't travel here'?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9