Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released  (Read 81278 times)

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

Of all the weird places to spam. -w-
It's probably the dwarves. They're taking over the internet.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2016, 08:36:14 am »

I have a small problem:

When I create an engraving, what is the button I need to press to specify the details?

the version i'm using, has the "?" command that is the standard help page of dwarf fortress
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2016, 11:33:27 am »

I have a small problem:

When I create an engraving, what is the button I need to press to specify the details?

the version i'm using, has the "?" command that is the standard help page of dwarf fortress

After you designate an area for engraving, while still hovering over the designated area, a "D: Details" option will appear next to the engrave option in the designate menu.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

I have a small problem:

It sounds to me like you copied over a data/init/interface.txt from an old version that doesn't have the details keybinding. You could add it in the esc -> keybindings menu, although I don't know the exact name/category.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2016, 07:36:57 pm »

Even then, I've had trouble with it. How do you ensure that you're designating a whole areas as having a desired image or theme, instead of having to define the specifications for every single tile?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2016, 03:45:53 am »

This is probably a thing that's been brought up, but I hope trading away masterwork food stops absolutely devastating everyone once it leaves the map next release.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2016, 04:26:08 am »

This is probably a thing that's been brought up, but I hope trading away masterwork food stops absolutely devastating everyone once it leaves the map next release.
Is it 'absolutely devastating' everyone? It gives bad thoughts yeah, but it's been a long time since a couple of bad thoughts ever lead to a tantrum spiral. How badly is it stressing out the artists?

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2016, 05:04:43 am »

I have a small problem:

It sounds to me like you copied over a data/init/interface.txt from an old version that doesn't have the details keybinding. You could add it in the esc -> keybindings menu, although I don't know the exact name/category.

thanks, but I simply clicked on the command with the mouse :P

________

now I have a HUGE problem:

my dorfs don't brew stuff. it says I don't have brewable plants, unrotten drink_mat-producing plants, which is, of course, absurd since I'm plenty of plump helmets and other vegetables

what's wrong?

I issued an order with the manager and it gives me a spam of cancelled works

stockpiles are fully accessible, plants are in wooden barrels, and in the previous months the still worked just fine

edit: in the kitchen menu of "z" I can't toggle brew for the plants, it shows "----" instead

is it normal?

edit: after some testing, I'm quite sure the problem is in the tileset. the vanilla version doesn't have that issue

So, I just need to find a correct version
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:05:37 am by Raven »
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2016, 07:39:21 am »

You're probably using a tileset for an older version whose raws don't work with brewing in 0.40+.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2016, 05:08:13 pm »

Is it 'absolutely devastating' everyone? It gives bad thoughts yeah, but it's been a long time since a couple of bad thoughts ever lead to a tantrum spiral. How badly is it stressing out the artists?
Strings of anywhere from emotional shock to agonizing leading to tantrum spirals
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »

It's been a while since I've seen a tantrum spiral since the emotion update, but it remains a possibility.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2016, 11:48:19 pm »

Then a few more site tweaks, work order changes, bugs and done.

-Glances at bug tracker-
Hmm...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2016, 11:59:59 pm »

I'm seriously hoping we eventually get a good "set aside some time to fix bugs and other minor deferred features" update after this. ;w;

I needs me my giant desert scorpions, my troll leather armor, my non-flying lungfish...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:29 am »

Broken caravans seem like they should be a fairly high priority.  They may or may not be related to the broken sieges that have been around for several releases now.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »

Broken caravans seem like they should be a fairly high priority.  They may or may not be related to the broken sieges that have been around for several releases now.

True. At this rate the list of bugfixes will be neverending. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9