Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released  (Read 81341 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2016, 12:36:04 am »

This is probably a thing that's been brought up, but I hope trading away masterwork food stops absolutely devastating everyone once it leaves the map next release.
Is it 'absolutely devastating' everyone? It gives bad thoughts yeah, but it's been a long time since a couple of bad thoughts ever lead to a tantrum spiral. How badly is it stressing out the artists?

It isn't 'absolutely devastating', masterwork destruction works more or less like it used to.

The number of produced masterworks matters, a dwarf that made many of them will mind less if you destroy a few. Destroying them slowly over a longer period also works.

I simply trade 2-3 from each artist per caravan, melting a few more inbetween. Just don't trade the first masterworks you get.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2016, 04:26:45 am »

But still... is quite annoying that I can't trade often masterwork stone figurines because the crafter would get pissed. That's the point of making crafts
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

does someone have some issues in making xbowdorfs go to train at archery ranges?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2016, 11:56:21 am »

does someone have some issues in making xbowdorfs go to train at archery ranges?

Have you procured enough quivers, and additionally made sure that whatever type of ammo you might've assigned as training-only is available? They tend to go through training ammo quickly.

On another note, endless hype for the next impending release. I still hope .08 will be a bugfix update though. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »

Raven is in about 3 threads on marksdwarves in the DF Gameplay Questions forum.  Not sure why he felt a need to post here too.

The main thread for Raven's marksdwarf issues seems to be this one.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2016, 12:30:10 pm »

Have you procured enough quivers, and additionally made sure that whatever type of ammo you might've assigned as training-only is available? They tend to go through training ammo quickly.

On another note, endless hype for the next impending release. I still hope .08 will be a bugfix update though. ;w;
yea, I did, infact a pair of dorfs did some training, maybe with the bolt already in the quivers (so long stack of 40 steelbolts) but then nothing more

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2016, 10:55:24 pm »

This release seems to be absolutely crash happy. I haven't been able to play longer then 15minutes or so in fortress or adventure mode without the game crashing

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:27 am »

Never had crashes so far. Maybe something went wrong in your world creation

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2016, 04:25:01 am »

This release seems to be absolutely crash happy. I haven't been able to play longer then 15minutes or so in fortress or adventure mode without the game crashing
What mods/utilities are you using? Turn them off.
Haven't had a single crash in 42.06, even when stress-testing worldgen.

Oh wait, sorry, I had one crash, but I righteously blamed Therapist and felt much better about it.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:45 am »

I think I've had a whopping one worldgen crash in the entirety of .42.XX so far, and a handful of random crashes during fast travel.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »

I'm running DF unmodded. It still crashes constantly.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:54 pm »

I've used raw mods in some of those cases, but nothing that logically could've broke reality.

Random fast travel crashes seem to just happen. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2016, 04:47:50 pm »

Do you mean you're playing vanilla, or do you mean you're playing with the newbie pack? Seems like a daft question I know, but it's amazing how many people claim to be playing unmodded df, oh except for dfhack, twbt and all the other stuff enabled by default in the LNP...
TWBT used to crash adventurer a lot. Could be that that behavior has returned for some reason.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2016, 05:31:50 pm »

Just to clarify what S_D said, the starter pack defaults are not the same thing as vanilla.  It takes quite a bit of fiddling to get a starter pack to actually not change anything.

Also, if you downloaded the stable version of the Windows starter pack, you're actually running DF0.40.24.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »

Interesting... I wonder if others have had similar issues?
I think my 0.42.05 game has crashed about one time in 20+ hours.

In other news, I am [impatient] wondering if there is a secret, early, bug-fix-or-whatever-is-finished-now-type release downloadable somewhere that I just don't know about?[/impatient]
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9