Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 34213 times)

Jack A T

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »

Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves
Day 2 - Not Day 1!
Game Over

The heist had gone exactly as planned.  $600,000 from a bank vault lay in the back of the van, $100,000 for each thief, and the original owners didn't even know it was gone.  The perfect crime.

Two of the thieves wanted more.  Why take $100 grand when they could take $300k?  Thus, one fateful day, the crew woke to find their getaway driver lying on the side of the road, dead.

How the honest thieves know there were two traitors among them is a plot hole I don't feel like dealing with.   All that matters is that the honest thieves want vengeance.


Vengeful Mafia is simple.

Setup:
*1 mafia godfather
*1 mafioso
*3 vanilla townies

Rules are the standard (no PMs, use red to vote, etc.) except for the following:

*Day ends on hammers only, with one exception: if the game gets to a point of four players (by hanging the mafioso on day one), and three of the remaining four cannot achieve consensus, I will end the day if 48 hours have gone by without a vote change, and the person with the majority votes will be lynched.
*The game is nightless.  There is no mafiakill.
*Upon death, a player must post their Role PM, unmodified except for removing the scumbuddy and scumchat link.
*If a townie is lynched D1, they get to immediately vengekill a player of their choice.  Vengekills should be in red.  Talking between the lynch and the vengekill is allowed, but discouraged.  Once the kill's done, the game immediately proceeds to D2.
*If the godfather is lynched (not vengekilled), town instantly wins.

Lurking:
Post at least once per 24 hours (weekends count half time).  Lurkers will be prodded for 24 hours away, and modkilled for 48 hours without posting.

Players (5/5):
*origamiscienceguy -
*roo - Godfather, Vengekilled D1
*Elephant Parade -
*Reverie -
*TempAcc - Townie, Lynched D1

The game will start as soon as possible, and will probably end before FHPBYOR2 ends.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:59:48 pm by Jack A T »
Logged
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

roo

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [1/5]
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:36:07 pm »

In
Logged
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [2/5]
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:01 pm »

I haven't played mafia in two years, and, even then, I had only played a few games. Can I join this game, or, as a low-playercount, nightless game, is it only open to experienced (or at least not super-new) players?
Logged
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.

Jack A T

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [2/5]
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »

Hey, welcome back!  I'm fine with inexperienced players here.  It's a simple setup, as they go.  Throwing you on the list.
Logged
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Elephant Parade

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [3/5]
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:52 pm »

Hey, welcome back!  I'm fine with inexperienced players here.  It's a simple setup, as they go.  Throwing you on the list.
Cool! Hopefully, my vote won't lose town the game. :P
Logged
Do not worry Comrade, your anime is safe with us, the people. Do not forget that we love capitalism and Donald Trump like you do, and also anime. Watch all the anime you want Comrade, because now it is free for the worker -w-working class. It is free for the working class. Comrade.

Reverie

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [3/5]
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 11:49:26 pm »

In, please :-)
Logged

TempAcc

  • Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [4/5]
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 12:29:15 pm »

Its been forever since I played a mafia variation, so consider me inexperienced. In, pls.
Logged
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

  • Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [4/5]
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

That's five. Let's get this party started.
Logged
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [4/5]
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 02:50:41 pm »

Osg is scum calling it now.
Logged
Or not it's cool.

Jack A T

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Starting Soon! [5/5]
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »

Excellent!  The game will begin today, after I finish writing the D1 flavour and send the PMs.
Logged
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

  • Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Signups [4/5]
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 04:25:06 pm »

Osg is scum calling it now.

I have missed you so. PTW.
Logged
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 04:40:04 pm »

Day 1

After taking the deceased driver's wallet and dividing the contents among themselves, the five thieves got to work.  Two traitors had to be terminated, and someone had to find the keys to the van.

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - (0)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade, Reverie, and TempAcc.

3 to hammer.
Logged
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

  • Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: The Perfect Crime - Starting Soon! [5/5]
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 04:41:54 pm »

Just so everybody knows, there is a 60% chance of scum winning and a 40% chance of town winning. Assuming everything's random.

Roo: Why do you think I am scum? Because I'm not. Your prediction is wrong.

Revarie: You seem to be a returning veteran, but I have never played with you. Just to let you know, roo will never answer anything, and he always gets lynched day one because of it.

ElephantParade: What kind of mafia have you played? Have you played Forum Mafia?

TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
Logged
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 04:59:45 pm »

Alright, before we get started properly, I should point out that we should be careful just tossing around votes in case we do accidentally pile three onto one person and hammer them by accident.

-End Public Service Announcement-


roo: Do you have any experience in the mafia role? Which side would you rather play on?
TempAcc: This is your first mafia game on the forum. Is this very different from setups you've played before?



Revarie: You seem to be a returning veteran, but I have never played with you. Just to let you know, roo will never answer anything, and he always gets lynched day one because of it.
That sounds an awful lot like you're hinging on him getting lynched day one. Would that further your goals, origamiscienceguy?





Logged

roo

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 05:15:27 pm »

OSG oh my I think my prediction is correct tho. Your op makes no sense lol. What the hell is temp gonna tell you other than what he has already said?

And I answer things that merit a response. If I don't answer anything why are you asking me things? Rather than do someting productive. Your whole post is just wordy and pings me a lot.
Logged
Or not it's cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26