Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39537 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 05:21:45 pm »

Osg is scum calling it now.

I have missed you so. PTW.

Why didn't you sign up? Feelsbadman.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 05:23:50 pm »

I'm here all day as I have nothing to do. I feel pretty amped that I might be right like last time lol.

OSG you scum brah?

It would be hilarious if our two resident non-posters were actually scum. But sorting osg is priority with his weird entrance.
Or not it's cool.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »

TempAcc: This is your first mafia game on the forum. Is this very different from setups you've played before?

A bit weird since I've never played a vengeful game, but otherwise simpler. I played werewolf before, but we had more people and there were regular day and night cycles.

TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
This is me. Essentialy just a regular general discussion goer that rarely gets into forum games. Generally looked with suspicion on this forum due to a combination of a) being a lawyer, b) not being an atheist, c) not being a leftie and d) Tim Curry.

End of answers to suspicious people

Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?

OrigamiScienceGuy: I have a faint memory of seeing you in the "play with your friends" subsection of the ~other games~ forum. Did you ever take part in dominions 3/4 matches?

Roo: Aroo?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »

Alright, before we get started properly, I should point out that we should be careful just tossing around votes in case we do accidentally pile three onto one person and hammer them by accident.

-End Public Service Announcement-

This sort of thought process is a mistake. Even in this small a game. In fact votes are the most relevant thing here as it is highly likely both scum might be on the same wagon. Scum know what they are doing. Everyone here can count. Saying oops didn't see the votes is highly suspect. Not announcing -1 is also noteworthy. I don't think being "safe" is a good strategy. Getting people to react is much superior. Like last game right osg you were the mod in that ome correct? Or am I thinking of another.

[/quote]
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

TempAcc:

A bit weird since I've never played a vengeful game, but otherwise simpler. I played werewolf before, but we had more people and there were regular day and night cycles.
This game should be pretty short, so if you're looking to get into mafia again this is a good way to warm up :P

Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?
My willingness to question OSG? TempAcc, you're going to have to elaborate. Why wouldn't I question him? We don't have any common game history, just off the top of my head. Nor have I drawn any attention to myself in the hour or two since the game started, but cute conjecture and a gold star for trying.
(And to answer your last question, I've been here since 2009 and have played mafia since 2011.)

roo:
This sort of thought process is a mistake. Even in this small a game. In fact votes are the most relevant thing here as it is highly likely both scum might be on the same wagon. Scum know what they are doing. Everyone here can count. Saying oops didn't see the votes is highly suspect. Not announcing -1 is also noteworthy. I don't think being "safe" is a good strategy. Getting people to react is much superior. Like last game right osg you were the mod in that ome correct? Or am I thinking of another.
I would agree with you, except this is RVS and the hammer threshold is so low. I could have clarified that, but it's serviceable as a general word of caution anyway.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »

My willingness to question OSG? TempAcc, you're going to have to elaborate. Why wouldn't I question him? We don't have any common game history, just off the top of my head. Nor have I drawn any attention to myself in the hour or two since the game started, but cute conjecture and a gold star for trying.
(And to answer your last question, I've been here since 2009 and have played mafia since 2011.)

I'm a lawyerthief, I can smell this stuff from a mile away, which is why I'm not making your mistakes and am keeping an eye on Roo.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »

Revarie: You seem to be a returning veteran, but I have never played with you. Just to let you know, roo will never answer anything, and he always gets lynched day one because of it.
That sounds an awful lot like you're hinging on him getting lynched day one. Would that further your goals, origamiscienceguy?
Nope. Just stating the facts. Look at any game roo has been in. (There are a few where he doesn't get lynched day 1, but the not answering questions I think is 100% correct.)

OSG oh my I think my prediction is correct tho. Your op makes no sense lol. What the hell is temp gonna tell you other than what he has already said?

And I answer things that merit a response. If I don't answer anything why are you asking me things? Rather than do someting productive. Your whole post is just wordy and pings me a lot.
roo: Temp did answer with more information right here:
TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
This is me. Essentialy just a regular general discussion goer that rarely gets into forum games. Generally looked with suspicion on this forum due to a combination of a) being a lawyer, b) not being an atheist, c) not being a leftie and d) Tim Curry.
It is not anything partaining to the game, but it is getting conversations started, unlike you, who have still yet to answer my question. And, by the way, your prediction is wrong. I am town.
OSG you scum brah?
Nope.
OrigamiScienceGuy: I have a faint memory of seeing you in the "play with your friends" subsection of the ~other games~ forum. Did you ever take part in dominions 3/4 matches?
I have been in that section, but I haven't played that particular game. Perhaps you participated in one of my "You can't die" interactive storytelling games.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

Unvote
roo
don't want an accidental hammer.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 07:02:18 pm »

ElephantParade: What kind of mafia have you played? Have you played Forum Mafia?
I played a few games of mafia on this forum, a couple of years ago. I made it to the last day (as Mafia) in one of them; in two others, I was nightkilled N1, and the last one died.

Now, it's time to enter the random vote zone:

roo: Your name starts with the same letter as the word "random", so you get my vote. Is this fair?
OSG: Why don't you separate a quote block from the next line of text? It's really bugging me.
Reverie: I keep reading old Mafia games from before you changed your username, and it's kind of confusing. Was this knowledge worth posting, or should I have not bothered to type it out?
TempAcc: I almost forgot to ask you a question! How does it feel to be almost-forgotten?

Unvote
roo
don't want an accidental hammer.
Unvote. Yeah, that would be bad. I will instead vote Reverie, the other R-possessing player, because I feel that consistency is important in RVS.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:10:01 pm »

I rest my case about the hammer thing.

Also, could you reword your question, Elephant Parade? In case you were just asking why I mentioned my mafia history on the forum, it was to answer TempAcc.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 07:11:45 pm »

Also, could you reword your question, Elephant Parade? In case you were just asking why I mentioned my mafia history on the forum, it was to answer TempAcc.
It was a joke, pretty much; I've been reading a lot of old Bay12 mafia games, and you show up in them as Flandre. The actual question was whether that was actually worth posting, basically.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »

It was a joke, pretty much; I've been reading a lot of old Bay12 mafia games, and you show up in them as Flandre. The actual question was whether that was actually worth posting, basically.

Oh, okay. I guess it might be relevant if someone decided to rummage through my old games and wouldn't otherwise make the connection with the avatar, but otherwise it's not really that useful.

While we're talking...
Elephant Parade: What do you think of RVS? Do you suppose important things can reliably be gleaned from it, or do you see it as an awkward stumble into the 'proper' game?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »

Elephant Parade: What do you think of RVS? Do you suppose important things can reliably be gleaned from it, or do you see it as an awkward stumble into the 'proper' game?
Not very often, but I've seen some interesting stuff pop up in it. And, even if it is an awkward stumble, the game needs to start somewhere, right?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »

It is not anything partaining to the game, but it is getting conversations started, unlike you, who have still yet to answer my question. And, by the way, your prediction is wrong. I am town.

Jesus quote snipping is infuriating and I fucked it up so yeah.

Why did you vote for me? As you do not mention it in your post.

Furthermore, I feel like we have had this conversation everygame osg. You yourself admit temps answer does nothing for anybody. Yes all questions and answers are content. It does not mean it is good or decent content. In fact it is just down right poor.

Why? The question: Care to fill me in? Is a bad question that generates bad content. No matter what temps alignment he will answer it truthfully. The answer is basically set in stone. There is zero reason for temp to lie. Now consider mine: Why did you vote player x? Is an okay question that will generate ok content. The honest response from scum a scum player would be: because I want him to be mislynched; however, that will not likely happen. The question increases the chances that a scum player might lie and be caught. Do you disagree?

I prefer not to encourage empty questions. And focus on good ones as scum might not be able to cope with someone dialing it up to 10 instead of just getting slowly acclimated to the game.
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 07:42:02 pm »

roo: The way you play frequently provokes other players. In this game, a mislynch is disastrous; to prevent that from happening, will you try to explain yourself more?
Everyone: Do you feel that we're still in RVS? Why, or why not?

-ninja'd-

Furthermore, I feel like we have had this conversation everygame osg. You yourself admit temps answer does nothing for anybody. Yes all questions and answers are content. It does not mean it is good or decent content. In fact it is just down right poor.

Why? The question: Care to fill me in? Is a bad question that generates bad content. No matter what temps alignment he will answer it truthfully. The answer is basically set in stone. There is zero reason for temp to lie. Now consider mine: Why did you vote player x? Is an okay question that will generate ok content. The honest response from scum a scum player would be: because I want him to be mislynched; however, that will not likely happen. The question increases the chances that a scum player might lie and be caught. Do you disagree?

I prefer not to encourage empty questions. And focus on good ones as scum might not be able to cope with someone dialing it up to 10 instead of just getting slowly acclimated to the game.
In RVS, all content is good; questions get people posting. Yes, some questions are better than others, but occasionally, you just can't think of a good question; and that's not the end of the world.

Also, it's not just about the response as a binary ("I am scum" or "I am not scum"); it's about how it's delivered, as well. How someone reacts to an RVS question probably won't tell you whether they're town or scum with any degree of certainty, but it can get a discussion going, if you want to start one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26