Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39598 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »

Roll to dodge. It is an entire sub forum to itself. I do notice that roo has been mostly following revarie and seems to be going with the flow. I agree with temp acc that roo seems to be just lynching the most convienient taget.

Temp acc: I'm not going to lie, your play day one was pretty scummy, but because of the position I'm in, voting for you is not an option
I've become a very convenient target,
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2016, 09:19:12 am »

TempAcc:
I've become a very convenient target, and me being such has actualy only served to reveal some odd behavior on the part of other players, which, in turn, have backpedalled around a fair bit since and did some really fake questioning of one another to try and pull attention away from themselves + partner in scummyness.
You're going to have to elaborate. Are you saying that not tunnelling you is as damning as tunnelling you? I'll agree that I've pressured you in the beginning at the expense of other gainful activity, but none of my questioning of other players has been fake.

In their efforts, they've managed to convice 1 player that I'm scum, for a reason or another. However, the can't outright snipe me without trying to paint someone else as scum, since this is a vengeful game and they're quite aware that I'm probably going to kill one of them if I get lynched. My opinions haven't changed thus far.
Okay, I'll humour you...mostly so we can flesh out the alternative.
From this I see that you and OSG both share the theory that the entire scumteam are voting for you. Should that be the case, then Elephant Parade has done a damn good job of being in my blind spot up until now, and roo is indeed taking the easy road by falling in step behind me. Since a roo/TempAcc bus would be pretty stupid, that leaves me to believe that our scumteam is either TempAcc/OSG or (if I'm wrong altogether), roo/Elephant Parade.

Elephant Parade, roo: I want you to weigh in, Elephant Parade especially.

Also, roo:
That is so shitty of you. Why are you lying about what temp actually said?
TempAcc did say he was a convenient target. Bolded and underlined here:
Sorry, I got carried away reading an RTD while multitasking :v

Anyway, my defense is basically this: I've made myself (unwillingly) an easy target during the start of the game, which led to me getting targetted and tunneled upon by multiple people for reasons I said were (and still are) tenuous or even trivial, which however haven't been questioned by other two players, with only OSG actualy calling it out. I've become a very convenient target, and me being such has actualy only served to reveal some odd behavior on the part of other players, which, in turn, have backpedalled around a fair bit since and did some really fake questioning of one another to try and pull attention away from themselves + partner in scummyness.

In their efforts, they've managed to convice 1 player that I'm scum, for a reason or another. However, the can't outright snipe me without trying to paint someone else as scum, since this is a vengeful game and they're quite aware that I'm probably going to kill one of them if I get lynched. My opinions haven't changed thus far.

The only one thus far who seems to have a shade of townie to him is OSG, which means one of two things. He's either a really good mafia member who knows I'm townie and is thus trying to cause me to shoot one of the two other townies, or an actual townie who ended up comming to the same conclusions as I have.

I have no reasons to change my vote as of now, altough Roo and Elephant Parade seem increasingly scummy to me, but haven't given me as many red flags as Reverie has.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2016, 09:34:41 am »

The implication from osg was that temp exclusively called me out when in reality it was only osg that has such feelings.
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:23 am »

Reverie: I'm working on a post, but I can't finish it in the morning. Expect it in the afternoon—9 hours from now—or, if I'm too sick to go to school, which is looking likely, a bit earlier.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
accidentally deleted title; not going to replace it
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2016, 08:32:55 pm »

Warning: this post contains higher-than-recommended doses of vitriol. Please ask your doctor if Playing 1 Day Of Mafia For Two Weeks StraightTM is right for you.

Sorry, I got carried away reading an RTD while multitasking :v

Anyway, my defense is basically this: I've made myself (unwillingly) an easy target during the start of the game, which led to me getting targetted and tunneled upon by multiple people for reasons I said were (and still are) tenuous or even trivial,
Tenuous? Trivial? Your "playstyle" is incredibly passive, which is traditionally considered a scumtell. I don't know if whatever else people were bugging you about was trivial, but that isn't.

which however haven't been questioned by other two players, with only OSG actualy calling it out. I've become a very convenient target, and me being such has actualy only served to reveal some odd behavior on the part of other players, which, in turn, have backpedalled around a fair bit since and did some really fake questioning of one another to try and pull attention away from themselves + partner in scummyness.
It hasn't been questioned because it's a legitimate accusation! Have you been paying no attention to the arguments against you? Also, unless I missed something, OSG's argument wasn't that the arguments against you were trivial.

In their efforts, they've managed to convice 1 player that I'm scum, for a reason or another.
You're being pretty dismissive of, y'know, the fact that people have legitimate cases against you. If you're going to say "but not asking people questions is my playstyle", you need to find a better playstyle. You had a chance to do that the instant people started bugging you about it, which was (IIRC) early on.

However, the can't outright snipe me without trying to paint someone else as scum, since this is a vengeful game and they're quite aware that I'm probably going to kill one of them if I get lynched. My opinions haven't changed thus far.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here. A quickhammer? If you're worried about quickhammers, why haven't you adopted the faux-vote system, which you still refuse to comment on?

The only one thus far who seems to have a shade of townie to him is OSG, which means one of two things. He's either a really good mafia member who knows I'm townie and is thus trying to cause me to shoot one of the two other townies, or an actual townie who ended up coming to the same conclusions as I have.
"the only person not scum is the person defending me"
  --Mr. Definitely-Not-Scum

I have no reasons to change my vote as of now, altough Roo and Elephant Parade seem increasingly scummy to me, but haven't given me as many red flags as Reverie has.
I find it kind of funny that you have scumreads on all three people voting for you, but I admit that it could just be a coincidence. That seems pretty unlikely when combined with the fact that you have a townread on the only person defending you, though!

In short: Rather than defend yourself against the accusations levelled against you, you've claimed that you have done absolutely nothing wrong, and that everyone voting you is scum or convinced by them. All you need for OMGUS is a vote—which means you're still reasonably far from OMGUS, I guess, but this is still pretty ridiculous.

TempAcc: Okay; you're claiming, as far as I can tell, that your scummy play thus far is your playstyle. That's a perfect excuse for passive-style scum play, so we need an actual reason to believe you! Please provide one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2016, 08:37:32 pm »

And if you're wondering why I'm grumpy, it's because—well, okay, it's mainly because I am getting really tired of mafia, but it's also because you could still be town. And if you are, that means you refuse to ask people questions because you think that you will magically pick up insights by lurking, and that using real votes will do anything other than give scum an extra tactic.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2016, 08:52:12 pm »

I wonder what the longest day of mafia is on this forum. We could go for a record. I can understand why you guys are annoyed at Temp acc, but I just don't have the option of voting him. If you three agree that we need to move on, then I really can't stop you, but I think that we need a responce from temp acc about stuff. If that doesn't happen, then I guess he leaves us with no choice.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »

what on earth possessed you to name yourself elephant parade?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2016, 09:16:23 pm »

he leave us with no choice? really the guy you have been soft defending you're telling him he can hang? dear lord these medium high graphics will be the fucking death of me.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2016, 09:25:37 pm »

If he will not respond, then there is nothing I can do to stop you guys from getting fed up and voting him. Even if I don't vote him.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2016, 09:39:12 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: Reverie, origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade

3 to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2016, 10:15:12 pm »

I wonder what the longest day of mafia is on this forum. We could go for a record. I can understand why you guys are annoyed at Temp acc, but I just don't have the option of voting him. If you three agree that we need to move on, then I really can't stop you, but I think that we need a responce from temp acc about stuff. If that doesn't happen, then I guess he leaves us with no choice.
I'm not going to vote him before he responds to my post, unless he disappears entirely.

what on earth possessed you to name yourself elephant parade?
It was a dumb metaphor I thought up when I was twelve.

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: Reverie, origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade

3 to hammer.
I feel like you're trying to say something :P

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2016, 10:37:59 pm »

I feel like you're trying to say something :P
You might think that.  I couldn't possibly comment.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2016, 06:19:17 am »

Was the faux vote thing more a pain in the ass than it was worth? I feel like it might have been better if we made some sort of deadline and created pressure that way. Or something.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2016, 08:32:40 am »

It felt pointless, tbh.
If you guys want to hang me, then go ahead. I'll shoot someone down with me and then all then all your hilarious theories about me can break into hilarious little pieces and it'll finally become obvious who's actualy scum, and then I can point at people and say ~I told you~

Specially when the most passive player calls me out for being passive :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26