Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39602 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 2 - Not Day 1! [3/5]
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2016, 12:00:27 am »

I completely forgot to post, and now it's getting a bit late. I'd feel bad, but nobody else did, either, except Reverie way earlier.

On the other hand, Elephant Parade did play a solid game so far, outside of being on the bandwagon for this mislynch. I'm torn. I'd like to hear from Elephant Parade about what he thinks before pushing on.
I have some strong suspicions regarding OSG, but there's a chance that I am incredibly wrong; I'll need to reread the thread to confirm, and I don't quite have time to do that right now.

As for defending myself, I don't actually have to. You guys can lynch me if you wish, but not before I gather enough for an informed opinion in case I do have to make a vengekill.
Town only gets a vengekill N1, just so everyone knows. assuming I didn't misread the rules

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2016, 01:07:00 am »

Town only gets a vengekill N1, just so everyone knows.
Yes.

OSG has been prodded.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2016, 09:12:35 am »

ouch.

there are three of us left. I have noticed that Revarie had been sort of ignoring roo for most of day 1, not attacking him.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2016, 09:52:23 am »

If you haven't been reading my posts, you would have missed where I said that I thought roo and Elephant Parade were our scumteam if the TempAcc thing didn't pan out. TempAcc was clearly scummy and I was certain he was scum moreso than roo, who seemed to be playing a normal game by his standards. Hell, you and I both thought roo was town earlier in the day, and your vote on him was just for bringing us close to a hammer and nothing else. That's not entirely convincing and you know it.

On the subject of Elephant Parade, deduction and observation don't reach a consensus. From his posts, I read him as town, but because there are three of us, and you've actively avoided the mislynch, I can't tell if I've hugely misread Elephant Parade or if there is some huge ruse where you and roo play for your own gain and let each do his own thing.

Also, you forgot that I placed a safeguard against scummy hammers after roo voted and you complained. In theory, if I were scum, it would have been best for roo and I to just let the mislynch happen. I would have been plenty safe since I've been pursuing the TempAcc lead from the beginning, and the hammerer would attract the heat. I wouldn't have faffed about and let everyone gather reads.

While on the subject of faux votes, we never really capitalised on the extra time and let the game stall. TempAcc caved, you didn't pursue roo (or anything for that matter) and we ended up mislynching TempAcc anyways. I don't think it helped.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2016, 03:39:26 pm »

That was because Temp just gave up. I can't do anyting about that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:00 pm »

You should have pushed harder for a lynch against someone else. It's possible that you didn't have any strong leads at the time, but you still could have tried to find evidence against me, Reverie, or roo, since you believed that two of us were scum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

You should have pushed harder for a lynch against someone else. It's possible that you didn't have any strong leads at the time, but you still could have tried to find evidence against me, Reverie, or roo, since you believed that two of us were scum.
Yes. I could have, but I was trying to get temp acc to respond first so that his name was cleared. I feel like no matter how hard I pushed against getting roo lynched, it wouldn't have changed you guys oppinion about temp acc because he gave u up.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »

Yes. I could have, but I was trying to get temp acc to respond first so that his name was cleared. I feel like no matter how hard I pushed against getting roo lynched, it wouldn't have changed you guys oppinion about temp acc because he gave u up.
That's understandable, I guess. Ideally, you'd have pushed against someone else at the same time, but doing two things at once can be hard.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

I thought roo was scum, because he was acting totally different from normal. (mind you, I wish he acted like that all the time, but whatever) I don't like fabricating cases on somebody I think is town for obvious reasons.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »

I thought roo was scum, because he was acting totally different from normal. (mind you, I wish he acted like that all the time, but whatever) I don't like fabricating cases on somebody I think is town for obvious reasons.
I wasn't suggesting you fabricate a case; I was suggesting that you reread the thread and try to build one legitimately.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2016, 10:52:53 am »

I was hoping for a bit more than that, but I guess I'll push on.
I'm leaning on OSG being roo's scumbuddy, for several reasons. The separatism is convenient, because scum could only hope for a weak townsperson to lay upon. roo expedited the process, gave OSG a nice bus for townie cred and jumped the bandwagon risking his own vengekill.
Things could have gone two ways. Think of it like this:
  • The likeliest vengekill for this mislynch was me. If I was killed, the game would have ended. Scum know this to be true.
  • TempAcc's other clear target was roo, who he already had suspected for most of the day and especially after roo's vote. This is the one likely option that lets town live another day.
It makes sense to consider that OSG's vote against roo was tactical. It's a cunning play from scum, and he totally expected to be safe coming into D2. The alternative is Elephant Parade, who has been pretty straightforward all game, which makes for very uninspired scumplay.

Also, I keep tripping over this comment from roo looking back over the game:
Also he agreed to the fake voting thing so we know he intended to vote you temp.
roo was subtly trying to egg a bit of suspicion at Elephant Parade here, when EP faux-voted TempAcc right after we instated it. This stuck out to me when he said it, and it does so greatly now that he's confirmed scum.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2016, 10:55:26 am »

Also, I'm with Elephant Parade on your poor wording about your building a case being a 'fabrication'.

origamiscienceguy

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2016, 11:12:55 am »

hm. I guess it's up to you to decide ElephantParade.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2016, 12:51:06 am »

Okay, I really need to get posting, and I'm sorry that I'm not—Disgaea PC released a little while ago, and most of my free time has been spent playing it. Tomorrow, as soon as I get home, I will finish my post.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2016, 04:40:04 am »

I really have nothing else to say, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26