Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39612 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 2 - Not Day 1! [3/5]
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2016, 08:59:18 am »

ElephantParade, since this decision will decide the game, please carefully review the whole game before deciding.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2016, 04:44:57 am »

*wards off the impending prod*

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2016, 09:07:51 am »

blub.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2016, 10:23:39 am »

Going through the entire game takes a while, it turns out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2016, 10:43:54 am »

I understand, I just don't want to be modkilled.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:10 am »

>____>

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2016, 08:54:46 am »

*don't poke me*

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2016, 08:56:41 am »

Disgaea is a hell of a drug.

I am goasts, boo.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2016, 09:18:35 am »

Stardew Valley is my preferred drug lately :P

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2016, 06:54:02 pm »

I feel really bad about this. I am going to post the post today, 100% for real, I swear. I'm going to start on it as soon as I get through my homework.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:33 pm »

If this post feels a bit incoherent, it's because

A: I've been writing it on and off for a week, and
B: Bay12's post editor is really bad when you're working with quotes, so I was disinclined to edit much

I think OSG is scum. Thus far, his playstyle has been almost purely reactive; when he has nothing to react to, he generally doesn't do anything. Admittedly, Mafia is an inherently reactive game, but OSG takes it to a new level.

Revarie: You seem to be a returning veteran, but I have never played with you. Just to let you know, roo will never answer anything, and he always gets lynched day one because of it.
That sounds an awful lot like you're hinging on him getting lynched day one. Would that further your goals, origamiscienceguy?
Nope. Just stating the facts. Look at any game roo has been in. (There are a few where he doesn't get lynched day 1, but the not answering questions I think is 100% correct.)

OSG oh my I think my prediction is correct tho. Your op makes no sense lol. What the hell is temp gonna tell you other than what he has already said?

And I answer things that merit a response. If I don't answer anything why are you asking me things? Rather than do someting productive. Your whole post is just wordy and pings me a lot.
roo: Temp did answer with more information right here:
TempAcc: I think I've seen you around this subforum at some point, but I can't remember. Care to fill me in?
This is me. Essentialy just a regular general discussion goer that rarely gets into forum games. Generally looked with suspicion on this forum due to a combination of a) being a lawyer, b) not being an atheist, c) not being a leftie and d) Tim Curry.
It is not anything partaining to the game, but it is getting conversations started, unlike you, who have still yet to answer my question. And, by the way, your prediction is wrong. I am town.
OSG you scum brah?
Nope.
OrigamiScienceGuy: I have a faint memory of seeing you in the "play with your friends" subsection of the ~other games~ forum. Did you ever take part in dominions 3/4 matches?
I have been in that section, but I haven't played that particular game. Perhaps you participated in one of my "You can't die" interactive storytelling games.
After RVS, OSG doesn't seek out interactions with anyone other than roo, whom he tunnels. During this time, I ask him to broaden his horizons:
OSG: It has been two days. Outside of your RVS questions, you have only directed questions at roo; in fact, excluding question responses—you ignored my question, by the way—and a few short responses to posts, you have only interacted with roo. Take your blinders off! Again: What are your reads?
TempAcc: You might think you have enough information, but you really don't; none of us do. None of us can, yet. Get posting! Okay, you're busy, but please stop lurking as soon as you have time.
roo: Why did you want to see one of my past games, anyway?
In response, he does post his reads:
Who would you lynch right now. Or who would you call scum right now. Better way to put it.
I wouldn't lynch anybody right now. I don't have enough information about anybody. (Sory, I was confused. You said gun to my head, so I assumed you meant I was being lynched: who would I vengekill.)

But Elephant wants my reads, so here they are:
Roo: Town actually. He is answering questions at least which makes him seem so much better than in the other games.
Elephant Parade: Town. Good questions and observant.
Reverie: slight scum. Noticing a bit of tunneling on Temp Acc, and something about you just irks me. Not enough to warrent a vote yet.
Temp Acc: Neutral, not enough activity.
Origamisciengeguy: Who is this guy again?
After this, he continues to not ask anyone (except roo) anything, though he does respond to other people's posts.

This goes on until TempAcc's faux-lynch:
I think we should discuss a bit more. Sorry, I've been busy making up school work. What are the main arguments on TempAcc? I am town, so I know that at least 1 scum is voting for temp acc, so forgive my hesitation.
That's six days of tunnelling. Six days. Yeah, you end up focusing on one person, sometimes, but that's pretty ridiculous. It might have gone on longer, too, if not for the faux-lynch.

So, this is going to end up coming down to me. I would like both of you to make your case against the other person and in defense about yourself.
If people had agreed with this, OSG wouldn't have had to do anything but make a judgement, and perhaps occasionally weigh in.

As for why I think being reactive makes OSG scummy:

• Town really, really wants to get new discussions going; as town, one should try to attack as many people and possibilities as possible.
  • In my (admittedly very limited) experience, it's really hard to fake an entirely new train of thought. Reacting is much easier.

I'm also still pretty puzzled about the six-day tunnel. Rereading, he wasn't very active for the last couple of days, so it was more like a few-day tunnel followed by inactivity. That kinda contributes to the passivity/reactiveness thing, I guess, but it's not as suspicious as tunnelling someone for six days straight, which is what I thought he did.

Oh, and I missed this post because it was super short.
roo

You are getting mighty close to hammeing someone. Wouldn't want your scum buddy to "accidently" pull the trigger.

In general, vengeful games should not have a lynch without a clear consensus of the majority.
I mean, technically, it's both a reaction and a continuation of the tunnel, but it's also a pretty fair point.

Still, though. OSG.

OSG: Why did you focus exclusively on roo for the first several days of the game?

After looking through the thread again, it seems possible that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. Emphasis on possible, though; and this isn't a real vote, anyway.

(Side note: OSG's actions make perfect sense as "mafioso attempting to gain towncred", but I'm hesitant to pursue that angle because I feel like a mafioso would be too nervous about attracting attention to do that kind of thing solely to gain towncred, and now I'm diving into WIFOM aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »

Roo behaved very differently in this game than he normally did. That was evident from the start. I don't suppose that either of you would know this because you haven't played with him, but i'll put a few game links where you can see just how different his play is from the norm. Wow, this game has been going on for so long that I forgot what happened in the beginning parts. I'll look back to those in another post. As you noted, my playstyle is very reactive. I generally don't do long posts, I generally do short posts commenting about what I think about developments, or theorysing and responding to people's questions. My attacks on people, instead of being long posts are always put in several posts, with me adding on to them as time goes on. So reacting is more prevalent than in other playstyles. I was nearly certain that tempacc was town throughout the whole day, and after a point, none of you ever changed anything (your votes generally stayed on Temp acc) which in turn meant I didn't change anything. Roo seemed scummy to me and so my vote remained. And he turned out to be godfather.

I'll post back with some links.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2016, 11:18:00 pm »

Bring your own song Is the one I remember the best because he got everybody (including me) so pissed by not answering questions that we hammered him day 1.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:43 am »

I'm not sold, OSG. roo playing differently than his town game is a terrific reason to push him (your teammate) away and play conservatively. It's too perfect.

See, this game has five players. I could think of no better setup where the scumteam can safely split up and confuse town. With roo mounting the pressure on TempAcc and knowing which players TempAcc made shifty vengekill eyes at, you saw this coming. This is the single permutation for D2 that exists and here you are sitting prettily. It's a real gem of a plan but it won't work.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2016, 10:51:55 am »

There are plenty of permutations that get the game to day 2. The only two that does not end up with a day 2 is if godfather is lynched, or if vengekill is wrong. I'll do the math for you.
Spoiler: math (click to show/hide)
If I was scum, this conveluted plan makes no sense. I would get the godfather to push a lynch on a town member, then try to get my godfather vengekilled?? It makes infinately more sense to put pressure on another townie so that THEY can get vengekilled which means day one win. Why extend the game longer than it needs to be? Makes no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26