Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 39584 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 2 - Not Day 1! [3/5]
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2016, 08:53:32 am »

I guess it's obvious that I'm pretty burned out on this :/

Between the two of you, I think OSG is our mafioso. Some contortion on D1 brought him to where he was here on D2, expecting us to sort this out between ourselves while giving him license to coast. Elephant Parade, meanwhile, has played a solid game (other than being hammerer for the mislynch and being strangely contrary to his own argument a few times). I'm going to lock this in. I expect OSG will lock in his vote on me and it's really up to Elephant Parade at this point to make his decision certain, at which point we can switch to red votes and finally end this game.
Yeah. I suppose that sums up my situation too. I think you are scummy for seeming to refuse to change your belief that tempacc was scum, although I can't really blame you since he never defended himself. Shall we lock in?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »

I think you are scummy for seeming to refuse to change your belief that tempacc was scum, although I can't really blame you since he never defended himself.
So you think she's scum because of something, but you can't blame her for it? Aren't you blaming her by accusing her of being scum? How does this statement make any sense at all?

Shall we lock in?
I mean, I kind of want to say "no, we should keep discussing", but it sounds like everyone is burned out. Are you absolutely sure you have nothing more to say?

I'm still faux-voting for OSG.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2016, 04:29:29 pm »

ElephantParade, do you believe that I really did all that stuff day one just to have a easy day 2? Because that really doesn't make sense to me.

I think you are scummy for seeming to refuse to change your belief that tempacc was scum, although I can't really blame you since he never defended himself.
So you think she's scum because of something, but you can't blame her for it? Aren't you blaming her by accusing her of being scum? How does this statement make any sense at all?
That's the big problem with Tempacc not doing anything. I wanted to keep the game going long enough for tempacc to defend himself because what he was lynched for was, quite frankly, trivial. If he did anything at all, it would have been hard for anybody to vote for him, but Revarie was locked on Tempacc for the trivial thing, which is what I meant to say. But since Tempacc didn't do anything, I don't have any concrete proof that he was tunneling Tempacc. Even though I think that he was.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »

You don't exactly need proof that I tunnelled TempAcc, OSG. It's quite clear that I did, and it turns out I was mistaken. (And for the record, I'm a she :P)
If you don't blame me for mislynching TempAcc (and you did concede that he was behaving scummily), how could the reasoning be trivial? My only regret was possibly pushing too hard and maybe discouraging him from rebutting my arguments. I really did think he was scum.
As I think you are. Noted that you should say 'keep the game going' as opposed to just the day, as if you were expecting the game to end at the time.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2016, 07:49:48 pm »

Also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about me, Elephant Parade. roo did try to seed suspicion of you when you faux-voted TempAcc yesterday, so you seem fine-ish, but there's no mention anywhere of a reason you'd count me out as scum.

To elaborate, if you're in my blind spot it's because you haven't actually paved an argument all your own yet.

I'll ask the same of OSG. Opinion on Elephant Parade?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2016, 08:45:40 pm »

Everybody here played quite the good game in that nobody really did a scumtell. So the reasons for voting were quite trivial. I agree that you had reasons, and they were scummy, but not really in a way you could put into concrete words if you know what I mean?

ElephantParade, he is clearly involved in this game, even long after being burnt out by it. I applaud you for that, even though it isn't a tell for either side. He generally makes long, thought out posts that don't stick his neck out much. It is his first game, so I can understand that behavior for either scum or town. In general, neutral. Good play, but doesn't strike me as particularly town or scum.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2016, 12:28:47 am »

ElephantParade, do you believe that I really did all that stuff day one just to have a easy day 2? Because that really doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems likely; for scum, an easy LYLO is incredibly valuable. Also, it fits pretty much everything you did—the early roo bus, the bizarre TempAcc pseudo-defence, and that early D2 comment.

That's the big problem with Tempacc not doing anything. I wanted to keep the game going long enough for tempacc to defend himself because what he was lynched for was, quite frankly, trivial. If he did anything at all, it would have been hard for anybody to vote for him, but Revarie was locked on Tempacc for the trivial thing, which is what I meant to say. But since Tempacc didn't do anything, I don't have any concrete proof that he was tunneling Tempacc. Even though I think that he was.
That really didn't come across in the post, and I'm not sure I agree with your logic. You say that you wanted to "keep the game going long enough for TempAcc to defend himself", but he had plenty of time to do that in—we spent more than six days at faux-hammer. Towards the end, he gave up entirely—which you mention, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Also, the reason for TempAcc's lynch was hardly trivial; he was incredibly passive, and threw out only "playstyle" as an excuse.

Also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about me, Elephant Parade.
You read town to me. You introduced faux-voting, which holds no benefit for scum, and you've been really active and productive throughout the game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2016, 02:17:05 am »

How is a LYLO more valuable than a day one win? That is the one part of the weird plan I don't see.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2016, 11:11:47 am »

How is a LYLO more valuable than a day one win? That is the one part of the weird plan I don't see.
In your case, going for a D1 win likely would have gotten *you* vengekilled, or at least lynched D2, since it would have required you to abruptly switch targets.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2016, 06:58:34 pm »

How would it have gotten me vengekilled? I was the only one who was "on" tempacc's side. Why would he lynch me if I voted for you or Revarie instead of roo? You guys were voting him too.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »

I'm still here, but mostly interested in seeing how Elephant Parade responds.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2016, 05:16:21 pm »

How would me voting for anybody other than roo make Tempacc vengekill me instead of who I vote for?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2016, 05:58:49 pm »

(Burnout strikes again! I started typing this up not long after you posted, but I didn't get around to finishing it until, well, right now!)

How would it have gotten me vengekilled? I was the only one who was "on" tempacc's side. Why would he lynch me if I voted for you or Revarie instead of roo? You guys were voting him too.
Oh, that actually slipped my mind. Still, you defending TempAcc wouldn't necessarily prevent him from being suspicious of you—I do agree, however, that even if you did suddenly switch, it probably wouldn't be enough for him to vengekill you. Even so, it might be suspicious enough for him to not vengekill the person you were against.

And it would still make you look pretty suspicious the next day, especially since you could be accused of buddying with the lynchee for towncred *AND* to aim the vengekill.

This is getting a bit WIFOM-y, but—I think—only a little bit?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »

What I meant is, if I was on roo's side, and all thrree of you went for Temp while I went for say... Revarie. Wouldn't you assume Tempacc would vengekill Revarie instead? Scum win. Why wouldn't I do that? Why would I go for roo?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2016, 06:04:59 am »

That's the thing. TempAcc was already hanging that vengekill over my head. I completely believed that if I was wrong about TempAcc and he was town, he'd drag me down with him. Why tamper with circumstance? Even if roo was vengekilled rather than me, that would be fine because you'd have this false alibi and you'd milk that for all it was worth. And boy, wouldn't you know it, D2 arrives and you try to pull whatever that was right out of the gate.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26