Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 38917 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 2 - It Never Ends [3/5]
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2016, 01:35:31 am »

Everyone has been prodded again!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2016, 06:45:45 am »

Should we introduce a deadline to finish the game? It's gotten stale and no one is budging.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2016, 09:39:25 am »

Should we introduce a deadline to finish the game? It's gotten stale and no one is budging.
This is kind of an important decision, and just-after-I-woke-up is not a good time to make it. I'll think on it and answer later.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2016, 10:03:40 am »

ow.ow.ow

I managed to put another one of my grievences into words:

Revarie controlled the day1 lynch, Roo (godfather) and EP followed you. The only person who didn't follow you (and thus dragged the day for a week or so) was me. I was the only one who didn't follow you like you expected. So when day 2 comes along, you know EP will follow you, so you go after me instead.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2016, 11:44:11 am »

ow.ow.ow

I managed to put another one of my grievences into words:

Revarie controlled the day1 lynch, Roo (godfather) and EP followed you. The only person who didn't follow you (and thus dragged the day for a week or so) was me. I was the only one who didn't follow you like you expected. So when day 2 comes along, you know EP will follow you, so you go after me instead.

That's cute. How could I guarantee that Elephant Parade would follow me after that mislynch and the roo flip? Assuming that Elephant Parade is town, that leaves him looking between me, whose hands are bloodied, and you, who had no part in it. Based on this evidence, your theory that I was strategically leading Elephant Parade around by the nose and expecting to carry on with that coming into D2, is absurd—my introduction of faux-votes be damned. This mislynch reflects too badly on me to support that.

I should add that your 'dragging the day on for a week or so' was not productive in the slightest. You proffered that you couldn't vote for TempAcc because both scum were on the bandwagon, and that's all well and good, except you didn't push for an alternative. Instead, you conceded that he was behaving scummily, and you even went with 'I can't stop you' and cleaned your hands of the matter. This was almost as bad as TempAcc giving up when it comes to how D1 ended. In short, if you are town, you hinged the entire game on TempAcc's vengekill. And I suppose if that was the case, town had every reason to lose yesterday. Poor form.

So excuse me if I think that this whole thing smells really bad. Your inactive vote on roo, the sitting on your hands, and that stunt on D2 all make more sense where you are scum. You can argue the minutiae of why you didn't do this or do that on D1, but you're skirting the main points of my argument.

PS: This game is a wreck and it's everybody's fault! >:( I intend to drink this off when it's over.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2016, 11:48:41 am »

I could not make Tempacc magically care about the game. That was out of my hands. And yes, you were in a bad spot after day 1 mislynch, but hoping EP was on your side seems a better alternative than any other. You certainly weren't gonna vote EP and hope I would too, because I was less on your side then he was. The options were to hope EP was on your side, or hope I was on you side. And EP was the better choice, so you took it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2016, 12:20:45 pm »

This page is intentionally left blank.

...or it might as well be, considering that's not properly counter-able. I'm lucky. Gotcha.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2016, 12:26:43 pm »

Yes. You knew that you looked bad, so you chose to attack me, because EP would be more likely to follow you than I would if you attacked EP. And you got lucky that EP believed you and followed you this far. Because I was the only one to go against you day 1 while EP went with you for it.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2016, 07:44:56 am »

I hereby declare that I shall not be prodded this day.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2016, 08:05:58 am »

Will you respond to my accusations though? You wanted me to do some attacking, remember?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2016, 09:33:50 am »

How, though? I've already stated why I thought what you said was wrong...and then you suggested I went along with that anyway hoping I'd get lucky. I suppose your theory might be plausible, but why would I set this up to chance? Why would I set anything up against chance? Hell, I led the mislynch against TempAcc, and he made it clear that I was first in line for his vengekill consideration. If I was scum and known he was town, I would not have played chicken against him like that. Even in surviving that as scum there was never any guarantee for Elephant Parade's loyalty (if you'd even call it that), and there we go. Another dice roll.

tl;dr you're making a non-argument. You'll have to try better than 'you're lucky' if you want to get anywhere.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2016, 01:03:53 pm »

Wait, hold on. Has it really been four days since Elephant Parade posted? That's past the 48 hour mark even with our silent agreement to take weekends off :/

Mod: Was TempAcc poked?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2016, 01:05:14 pm »

EBWOP: Elephant Parade, not TempAcc. Derp.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2016, 01:22:29 pm »

I just prodded EP.

Idea: If everyone agrees, how about a one week limit for finishing the game?  If nobody is lynched by that point, everyone loses.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2016, 01:50:45 pm »

You can't poke goast, I am goast, boo.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26