Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is instrument distribution completely random?  (Read 2348 times)

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is instrument distribution completely random?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 06:41:27 pm »

Since this thread I've been paying more attention to my tavern.  Every time I see them dancing or simulating an instrument, I record the dance and music info.  Here's my speculation - each dance is tied to a music and each music has an origin.  Of the four I've recorded, the one that originated in my civ uses instruments I can produce.  The other three were all from different origininating civs and all required mutually exclusive instruments.  This leads me to believe, with an admittedly small sampling, that you should be able to produce all the instruments for music from your civ.  You should probably also be able to trade for all instruments for music from the civs you trade with.  But if the music originates from a different civ, possibly even dwarves, then you won't be able to produce the instruments.  I can imagine it's possible for civs to share some instruments, but I'll need to keep recording to know for sure.

And on the topic of skill rust, I have mundane dwarves (not performers) getting crazy levels of skills (expert - legendary) in individual pieces, while the general skill is rusting.
Pages: 1 [2]