Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deity Engraving Thread  (Read 1106 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Deity Engraving Thread
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:26:37 pm »

So I'm curious - I'm aware there have been threads of this type with drawings of Forgotten Beasts, Titans and stuff, but has anyone actually drawn interpretations of what a DF deity would look like in depictions based on their associated spheres?

Probably fairly simple to imagine what a god of war, valor and fortresses would look like, but what about a god of twilight, dusk, fire and volcanoes? Or revelry, festivals and disease?

Anyway, share your thoughts and/or engravings. Deities of modded races also welcome.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Deity Engraving Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

Isn't it a bit early? We're gonna get a myth gen coming year. Should be much easier with that?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »

Actually now's the perfect time, so that when mythgen comes out we can look back and laugh at how completely off the mark we were.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:53:53 am »

So like these?

"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:42 am »

I meant more like fanart, like this imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/8LVc4

Same principle as forgotten beast art threads. Was curious why there were no such threads for deities yet.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 04:10:00 am »

I meant more like fanart, like this imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/8LVc4

Same principle as forgotten beast art threads. Was curious why there were no such threads for deities yet.
Probably because 'often depicted as a plump-helmet man'' is not particularly inspiring compared to 'a giant sauropod comprised entirely of vomit. It squirms and fidgets. Beware its deadly spittle. Now you will know why you fear the night!'
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:20:16 am by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:12:58 am »

Probably because 'often depicted as a plump-helmet man'' is not particularly inspiring compared to 'a giant sauropod comprised entirely of vomit. It squirms and fidgets. Beware its deadly spittle. Now you will know why you fear the night!'

I know, but I think you can still make it more inspiring based off of a deity's associated spheres. I.e a human god of blight and disease could look rotten, emaciated, tumor-covered and surrounded by various insects. Something of the sort.