Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay12Games Anthology  (Read 3125 times)

Oliems

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bay12Games Anthology
« on: February 12, 2016, 07:53:33 am »

Hey guys, today I entered a strange mood and produced an ☼archive☼ in wich you can find all of Toady One's games (except Dwarf Fortress). The file contains : Sub Games, Curses Arcade Games, Armok and a few others. You can download it here.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:56:30 am by Oliems »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Games Anthology
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:14:12 am »

Why? The site isn't going anywhere.  :-\
Is it?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:03:54 pm »

Still good to have a way to download them all at once, or as backup.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:56:13 pm »

Is it?
No, this is just so you don't have to go and hunt them down. Nice idea.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 09:49:16 am »

Is it?
No site will stand forever. It's always good to have backups elsewhere.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 10:26:36 am »

You know, I'd almost suggest making a torrent-type thing out of it, so it would be one of those weird forgotten gems for someone one day, but modern p2p apps are a lot more privacy-conscious. (I got a lot of cool stuff just by browsing someone's collection back in my DC++ days.)

Disclaimer: this post does not condone piracy. Please find out if using P2P to download freeware is legal in your country before doing it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:29:11 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 11:57:01 am »

Please find out if using P2P to download freeware is legal in your country before doing it.
Are there countries where that is illegal? That sort of thing is explicitly permitted by the GNU GPL et al. If the license allows distribution, is there any jurisdiction that can forbid you from distributing it via P2P? This seems like something that would be covered by international copyright law. Unless either the material is contraband, or P2P itself is illegal, I don't see any way a government could forbid doing that, and I don't see any country banning all nonproprietary software.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 03:51:50 am »

Please find out if using P2P to download freeware is legal in your country before doing it.
Are there countries where that is illegal?
You'd be surprised. Where I live using P2P in a commercial institution carries a fine, even in cases where no pirated software is actually found.
...or so our SysAdmin explained to me. I actually can't find any relevant laws, so I wonder if he lied?  :-\