Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brainstorming/Game Idea- Terminator, Skynet's Seduction  (Read 1979 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Brainstorming/Game Idea- Terminator, Skynet's Seduction
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:27:02 am »

For some reason I was thinking of the Terminator movies this morning, and how if Skynet really wanted John Connor not to be born, instead of trying to kill his mom, all they would have to do is send one to seduce her instead. Since robots cannot into gene pool, babby never happens and Skynet wins forever.

And that's how this idea got kicking around in my head to do a forum game about it, and the only thing that made sense in context was a Mafia game, thus this thread.

So you have one player as Sarah, and then you have other players as Terminators, and some who are humans from the future to seduce her before the machines do.

I'm making this a brainstorming thread because I have zero experience with Mafia and am bad at GMing things in general. Literally all I know is the Terminators would be the "Suspects" in this case I suppose.
Also I don't really know anyone who does GM these things so take this as a free for all if you want it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Brainstorming/Game Idea- Terminator, Skynet's Seduction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:02:06 am »

Heh.
This... could work, with some refinement.
Although it would make a lot more sense just to kill his mother anyway. Instead of having to deal with all of these "emotions" humans claim to have.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:53:56 pm »

My thinking on it was that trying to kill someone results in them fighting/running away, but seduction would cause them to walk right into the trap.
Eh, I suppose its just a silly idea that popped in my head I needed to share.

So it would probably work just as well, or better if it was a straight kill thing. IDK, like I said, just wanted to share a silly idea I had.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

After reading your thread, I started work on building this Mafia variant (which include both a faction who want to only seduce Sarah Connor and a faction who want to only kill Sarah Connor). It is not going to be fully compliant with Terminator canon, but then again, neither is this idea in the first place. It also may not be balanced very well, so be warned. I also may not have the time or the patience to run Mafia games either, so if someone else want to take my preexisting work and run the game for me, be my guest.

(I might prefer it even.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:55:23 pm by Skynet »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:55:59 pm »

um... welcome to the forums. Please enjoy your stay.
Unless you happen to be an alt account?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:57:21 pm »

I happen to be an alt account. I only made this account to get in contact with this thread and I plan on leaving after this thread is concluded.