Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Katawa Shoujo v2 OOC Thread  (Read 41302 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Katawa Shoujo v2 OOC Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 28, 2016, 02:34:56 am »

Can we save the drama until a bit later in the plotline?

You do have a general idea of what you plan on what is going to be happening, right Adrie? Right?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 28, 2016, 02:37:39 am »

Yeah, except I assumed Twin would get my many hints :P
Simply put we're likely going to summarise a lot of the school intros and stuff, then it will be Class Teim.
thincake

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2016, 02:39:43 am »

Last time I answered about Zach, I was on mobile so I couldn't really expand on my answer.

I think Zach is a fine character. I personally saw him as a socially awkward character with a difficulty with words.
So I had the impression he fell off character during this moment to me, it really surprised me when he began speaking with Gerard with full uncut sentences.

"Look, man. Help me out here. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's something about Megumi that I can't place my finger on... I feel kinda like I just want to hear that bright and cheerful voice every day, but at the same time I don't know what to say to her," Zach says, trying and failing to whisper because he is so tense

Was it intended or was it an overlooking ?
Either way, this is not an issue, there is still room to develop his character.

Overall, he has nice interactions when he stumbles upon his words and tries to communicate with girls with difficulty. I'm not sure if it's girl-exclusive though, will need more interaction to get a better idea.

My post is a bit messy, hope I was clear :S

edit : I'm also for progression, I would like to keep the hard-shipping for later. I don't want jump on ships to fast, but that's just me
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:42:02 am by Nakéen »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2016, 02:40:24 am »

Hmmm... I wonder how smart/diligent I should make Zach? I was thinking maybe have his average grades high but for some undefined reason he finds himself unable to fully focus... IDK...

Last time I answered about Zach, I was on mobile so I couldn't really expand on my answer.

I think Zach is a fine character. I personally saw him as a socially awkward character with a difficulty with words.
So I had the impression he fell off character during this moment to me, it really surprised me when he began speaking with Gerard with full uncut sentences.

"Look, man. Help me out here. I don't know what it is exactly, but there's something about Megumi that I can't place my finger on... I feel kinda like I just want to hear that bright and cheerful voice every day, but at the same time I don't know what to say to her," Zach says, trying and failing to whisper because he is so tense

Was it intended or was it an overlooking ?
Either way, this is not an issue, there is still room to develop his character.

Overall, he has nice interactions when he stumbles upon his words and tries to communicate with girls with difficulty. I'm not sure if it's girl-exclusive though, will need more interaction to get a better idea.

My post is a bit messy, hope I was clear :S

edit : I'm also for progression, I would like to keep the hard-shipping for later. I don't want jump on ships to fast, but that's just me
Yeah, I made a mistake there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:05:29 am by Insanegame27 »
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 28, 2016, 02:41:45 am »

I regret not playing a Rin-type character now.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2016, 02:43:50 am »

I regret not playing a Rin-type character now.

Hey, Megumi is fine too ! I'm eager to see how she will interact with the rest of the characters, hammy characters can have surprisingly hidden depths.

Or not, which isn't a bad thing either.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2016, 02:45:04 am »

Rin-type characters: Boys who basically look like cute girls on the surface and are indistinguishable from girls until they say, outright, that they are men.
Everyone bar Tsuneo: Awkward around cute girls.

Do you see what I mean?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2016, 02:46:41 am »

Ah, totally didn't see what you meant. Who is that Rin for reference, so that I may add him(/her/it?) to my archetype database ?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2016, 02:47:29 am »

Rin Kyouno from Katawa Shoujo Gaiden, another one of my characters. Basically, the ultimate trap.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2016, 02:51:04 am »

Ah, I didn't read through Katawa Shoujo Gaiden.

(...)

You had me double check Megumi sheet. She isn't a trap in disguise, right ? right ?...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2016, 03:01:56 am »

:3

Also, screw it. Let's compile all archetypes of my characters here so I have a nice frame of reference for them.

Elf's List of Their Commonly Used Character Archetypes

Rin-type: Generally appear to be cute/attractive girls, but are actually men. Tend to be very complimentary, incredibly polite, and skilled at many things, almost like the team mom.
Examples: Rin, Yuri, Ciel
Akemi-type: Hyperactive genki girls who tend to be more tomboyish. May or may not be book dumb.
Examples: Akemi, Minako, Melodia
- Chizuru-type: Subset of Akemi-type, these are hyperactive girls who tend to be more on the chuunibyou or hammy side than merely genki or hyperactive.
  Examples: Chizuru, Megumi
Cecil-type: Hammy, boisterous boys who are physically capable, with intelligent depths.
Examples: Cecil (FEF), Cecil (MB), Acair
Aoi-type: Rich nice girls who are both incredibly polite and, well, rich. The intersection between Rin-type and Maria-type.
Examples: Aoi, Mitsuru, Risa
Maria-type: Team moms and generally friendly characters who get along well with everyone and get very overprotective when their friends are harmed (when applicable). May or may not be Ms. Fanservices/have siblings.
Examples: Maria, Haruka, Madoka, Mio
Medea-type: Cool, emotionless characters who have a hidden emotional, even cute side.
Examples: Medea (all Medeas), Cheru, Yuki, Lieselotte
Yukari-type: Snarky or tsundere-type characters who are actually really caring in the insde.
Examples: Yukari, Homura, Ayane
Shinji-type: Nice boys with a rough side, but are ultimately very caring.
Examples: Shinji, Tatsuya
Expy-type: Expies made from characters Elf tends to like around that moment.
- Subtypes: Lucina expies, Isara expies, Tohru expies, Nia expies
Nanami-type: Sleepy, but kind characters who have an association with video games. Named for Chiaki Nanami from Super Dangan Ronpa 2.
Examples: Hana, Nia
Outlier-type: Characters who do not fall into any of the above archetypes. If enough of these types of characters are made, they can form their own archetype.
Examples: Maeve, Sabrina

Interactions:
-Akemi-type characters are often paired with either Maria-type or Medea-type characters as they tend to act as a Red Oni, Blue Oni pair. Examples: Minako/Lieselotte, Akemi/Madoka
-Yukari-types tend to be good friends with the Maria-type or the Rin-type if present, again as Red Oni/Blue Oni. Examples: Homura/Rin, Ayane/Mio
-Outliers go either way, but more often than not gravitate one of the other types. Examples: Sabrina/Yuri, Maeve/Nia
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:33:18 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2016, 03:06:53 am »

Spoiler: RELEVANT (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2016, 03:08:12 am »

wheres eirika ;-;
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:20 am »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:37 am »

-snipedy snip-
How nice ! Make me want to create another character, argh.
Makes me wonder, how did the multi-characters per players work in the last installments of Katawa Shoujo ?
What were the main good/bad points if there were any ?

Spoiler: RELEVANT (click to show/hide)
Is it from Halo ? Or something else ? I'm kinda interested.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38