Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 281031 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [12/12]
« Reply #1155 on: April 30, 2016, 01:25:22 pm »

Shoot a tiny (1HP) metal shot to land somewhere near the perimeter of the nearest hole. Scout around and see if anything interesting is in the hole, using the small blob as my scout. Also, see if Brown is willing to try some of this soil. Getting back to our roots.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:37:08 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 30, 2016, 01:47:26 pm »

If the hole is safe, and contains something interesting, fly in and investigate further. Grab anything interesting and bring it out of the hole for further examination.

If there's danger, back off for now. Don't go too far, just hide behind a rock or something.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 30, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

((Updated the OP with some really vague spoiler-free plot-bait, some known locations and a vague description of the concept of this game. Kinda late at this point, but heh :P))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 30, 2016, 04:05:42 pm »

((I've re-read two dozen turns searching for some clues and after connecting the dots, I have to say:
Nakéen, why do you hate Doro village with such passion?

(Irony intended, and I do not want to offend you with my small research, just to make some fun)

This story began when you corrupted once proud Ferratus and guided him there. Knights of the village stood valiantly and defeated corrupted Armor. But you had him resurrected to wreak havoc once again. Yet knights still prevailed.

Infuriated, you weaved the plot in such way that Snehk was quested to go into this village. Obviously, you have hoped for some carnage. But then, a better opportunity presented itself - a pair of demons went human-hunting! Into Doro village. It seems that to ease their task you had knights called off and added a few soldiers - an obvious boon for mind-controlling Ulkas.

Even this was unsatisfactory. Humans of the village died too slowly. And a Chosen of Tinzakena arrived onto the stage, to confront demons and wipe more humans in the ensuing fight. Village razed, its inhabitants slaughtered or fleeing in terror - seems like you were mollified for some time...

But after half a day or so of in-game time, you could hold on no more. And Caedan found poor village in flames, with twice-dead armor we all remember consuming its last inhabitants in truly horrific fashion!

So, once again:
Nakéen, why do you hate Doro village so much?  ::)))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:14:16 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 30, 2016, 04:38:08 pm »

((I've re-read two dozen turn searching for some clues and after connecting the dots, I have to say:
Nakéen, why do you hate Doro village with such passion?

(Irony intended, and I do not want to offend you with my small research, just to make some fun)

This story began when you corrupted once proud Ferratus and guided him there. Knights of the village stood valiantly and defeated corrupted Armor. But you had him resurrected to wreak havoc once again. Yet knights still prevailed.

Infuriated, you weaved the plot in such way that Snehk was quested to go into this village. Obviously, you have hoped for some carnage. But then, a better opportunity presented itself - a pair of demons went human-hunting! Into Doro village. It seems that to ease their task you had knights called off and added a few soldiers - an obvious boon for mind-controlling Ulkas.

Even this was unsatisfactory. Humans of the village died too slowly. And a Chosen of Tinzakena arrived onto the stage, to confront demons and wipe more humans in the ensuing fight. Village raised, its inhabitants slaughtered or fleeing in terror - seems like you were mollified for some time...

But after half a day or so of in-game time, you could hold on no more. And Caedan found poor village in flames, with twice-dead armor we all remember consuming its last inhabitants in truly horrific fashion!

So, once again:
Nakéen, why do you hate Doro village so much?  ::)))
((I loved your small research, it makes me really happy to know you re-read through the turns :D))

((So, about Doro Village.

Everything that happened was an accumulation of coincidences and convenient occurrences. From the moment I posted a clear description of the map, the fate of this village was sealed : as the closest human settlement near the starting points of the players, they would have inevitably that they would curiously converge to it.

Such a terrible fate was never planned. I really just went along with everything as events unfolded.
The arrival of Ferratus. The first return of Ferratus and his final death. It opened a door allowing me to develop the "voice" that spoke to Ferratus when he was corrupted, and give it "life".

Then the duo of demons arrived there. Some soldiers were garrisoned here as a meager protection. Due to bad rolls for the humans, Astrosa got on a murderous rampage, and it happened that the Chosen who was tracking Ulkas arrived here at the same moment.

Doro Village was also instrumental to show the changes going all around the world. At the moment, there are many small frontier villages like this one being destroyed by powerful monsters in the span of a few days -or less-.

I also think all the bad things that happened to the village also stemmed from the fact that I didn't want to be too nice to the humans. And with the rolls and events creating a spiraling effects, I went full blown carnage on the village.

Mmh yes. I think that's it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 30, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »

((Wasn't Doro Village the place where I was imprisoned? Then the mana-beast killed every guard there?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 30, 2016, 04:46:22 pm »

((Not at all. You wandered far into the underground, eventually appearing somewhere north west far from the village in the mines of Fordania.

Then you got captured and transferred in a secret facility deep into human territory, where many monsters were held captive.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:17 pm »

((Yes, of course. Let's pretend that this is how it went  :P

I got suddenly inspired, found this...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...a musical group "Evil Souls" (guitar - Ulkas, vocals - Astrosa) is searching for a drummer. Monsterous origin, demons preferred. Find us by rumors of carnage, bodies and razed villages!  8)

On somewhat related note, I'm thinking about taking dual regeneration on next transform, complimented by iron will and "mind over matter" that would allow controlling my own body, increasing reaction speed and ignoring flesh restraints (pain, flexibility, etc.) with obvious problems stemming from it.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 30, 2016, 05:05:20 pm »

((Yes, of course. Let's pretend that this is how it went  :P))
((Basically anything that happened during the whole RTD can be sorta summed by "the GM made it up on the fly".
Not pure randomness though, I do try my best to maintain an overall consistency. When players do their stuff, I imagine what is happening in other places. To give an illusion of a living world :)

For example of some NPC fate : the knight and priest that killed Ferratus left the village soon after, to report to the Guild urgently.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:07:29 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 30, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »

Turn 64: Everyone bar Coptic
Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"It is very interesting, how this place survived up till now. Everything I know about monsters and humans, screams that magically-oriented ones would have run here to fight and consume or rule the spirits of this place. I don't think we were the first ones to come here, so the question where are all others, stands..."

Noticing that his theory is just that, a theory, without anything to support it, Ulkas signs:

"What I'm saying is that we must be careful while exploring the temple. As far as I see, the magic that gathers at stone formations, perpetrates all those hills and temples would be an obvious choice for a net of self-sustaining magical relays with some unknown purpose. Even if it isn't so, we still better be vigilant."

Follow Astrosa, quickly check the temple for signs of activity, guarding spells and secondary exits before entering.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
Caedan yells something to a human that appeared nearby and refocuses his attention on the Armor.

Oh crap, I aggro'ed it. Prepare for evasive maneuvers and release another round of impalement! Also, suggest to my new companion (and throw him my sword if he wants it) that he free the human while the armor is focused on me, so that it can't regenerate again.

Snehk the Unseen
Find some safe place to rest, recovery until the morning and go back to Darakion.
Spoiler: Back so soon ? (click to show/hide)

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
"Fortunate that the information I seek to pull should be known by all of them. If they will not cease their attacks, then it is time to retaliate. Bring me to the captives."
Upon being brought to one of the soldiers, he would mindwipe and interrogate it not on battle plans or tactics, but on their settlements and defenses.
Spoiler: Interrogation (click to show/hide)

Durst the Rock Seer
Durst steps off of Mold-Tooth's back and slaps him on the rear, spurring him into fleeing.

"Go! Live your life! I will escape to wherever is downhill from here! Find me there!"

With that, Durst takes off running towards the nearest downwards slope. He jumps,  attempts to curl his Rocky limbs into his chest and form a sphere-like shape, then deploys his mana-shield in hopes that it will make his journey smoother.

Dahak the Fear Lord
Dahak feels kinda bad just taking this cart loaded with vegetables. Some local farmer is probably gonna be really sad about its disappearance. Dahak hopes he can follow the tracks and find it later.

Looking over at the vegetables, Dahak remembers that he used to REALLY like garlic. He picks a large clove in his hand and reminisces.

Ahhh garlic, the greatest alium. Its not nearly as popular as its cousin, the onion, and it kinda harmed my seduction rolls on the female wizards while I was alive, but I enjoyed it on everything regardless, and it actualy helped me against a stray vampire once! Garlic on meat, garlic on vegetables, garlic on magical jelly, and who can forget the godly pleasure of garlic bread?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dahak regrets not having a stomach anymore, but decides to keep the clove of garlic on him, for pity's sake.

Dahak wonders either Nihil or Delinde need to eat. They're not exactly undead, but not exactly a living in the core sense of the expression. He decides to keep two extra cloves of garlic for them, just in case.

Dahak throws away the useless bones he got from the cemetary, making a fair bit of extra room for the garlic.
Your bag is now 15% more garlic-y.

You also feel a strange craving for spinach, which is weird, since you don't feel hunger anymore, and you actualy hated spinach while alive. Regardless, you grab a spinach and try to chew on it silently so Delinde doesn't notice. You end up covering your jaw and chest in spinach while trying to chew on it.

You do wonder what could have caused Nihil to become a little more paranoid, though.

Look around while you move on to the Inory Hills, see if you can notice anything odd. Regardless, continue on your path.

Spoiler: Delinde's target (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
let the monsters have their unearned meal and Continue west since I do not need anything else from the bodies
Spoiler: Unexpected guest (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
Shoot a tiny (1HP) metal shot to land somewhere near the perimeter of the nearest hole. Scout around and see if anything interesting is in the hole, using the small blob as my scout. Also, see if Brown is willing to try some of this soil. Getting back to our roots.
If the hole is safe, and contains something interesting, fly in and investigate further. Grab anything interesting and bring it out of the hole for further examination.

If there's danger, back off for now. Don't go too far, just hide behind a rock or something.

Spoiler: Trap (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
I try to Blow That overgrown housecat's Heads off.
Spoiler: Beamsplosionbreath (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:25:30 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 30, 2016, 11:49:29 pm »

Turn 64 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:00:06 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:57 am »

"Get her out of there and run!"

Use the rest of my mana on more spikes. This time - don't bother hitting the Armor, just make it hard or impossible for it to attack. Retreat afterwards.

((If there's one thing that Ferratus and Caedan don't share, it's the ability to accept defeat. Also, I better start figuring out a new character concept. Just in case.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2016, 02:17:32 am »

"Get her out of there and run!"

Use the rest of my mana on more spikes. This time - don't bother hitting the Armor, just make it hard or impossible for it to attack. Retreat afterwards.
By the way, couldn't you form one big-ass spike with this skill instead of many smaller ones ?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2016, 02:49:46 am »

Ulkas faltered for a moment. Even with his sharp mind, it was difficult to proceed the sudden change that turned the whole situation upside-down. Using all his mental power, he tried to understand it while the equilibrium of power stood.

Temple. Active? Yes, it did not look abandoned. Living figure? Priestess? Most possible. Why to retreat? Invitation? Courtesy of welcoming travelers to the Temple? Eyes of the Mighty. Sudden madness. Was there some outside intervention? Probably not. Astrosa has great defenses against it... But not against her own psyche. Aha... Priestess. Strange looks. Some religion, tied to spirits of the dead? Arms hidden - monstrous origin? Seems like that.

Ulkas signed, exhausted by intense thinking process. So, if his guess is right (above 60%), Astrosa finally, for the first time, met her perfect match. Which immediately activated her thirst for power and revenge against Lords of the East. Considering the probable power of this "perfect match", this would be really bad news. If Astrosa couldn't calm in moments, they would have to battle inside enemy territory, in the very middle of magical net, against a very powerful opponent!

He tried his best to intone the important parts of the speech for his companion as to affect Astosa or at very least, stall confrontation a bit:

"Ahm... We would be demons, traveling on the quest of power. Mine name is Ulkas and hers - Astrosa. Seems like your power affected her reason somewhat, as she constantly looks for the strong opponents... Astrosa... We're inside the Temple, you know?"

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 01, 2016, 03:13:59 am »

- I haven't. As soon as I left your lair, I was was spotted by travelling humans and had to retreat to forest, where I was attacked by two adventurers. After defeating them I came to conclusion that I must change my appearance, transform into a more human-alike form. I moved on, looking for more opponents so I could take their power. By a riverside I met a black bear with strange rune-like marking on it's body. I attacked him. After a while of battle I was seriously wounded and the bear fallen into river. I helped him get out of this, and talked for a while. His name was Bargar, he was quite surprised that first I attacked and then helped him. Looking for a safe spot to rest, I got into his lair! He appeared there with his cousin, Barak. After short conversation, we decided to hunt for stronger monsters together. Shortly after we left the lair, we met a strange monster that exploded upon death. Bargar was knocked out by explosion, and with Barak we took him back to lair. But we were followed, I tried to hide the lair with illusion, but it didn't fooled monsters and they attacked us, talking about law of the hunt. Four quadrupedal monsters, with gray or brown fur, maw full of sharp teeth and three tails. I killed their leader and tried to chase them when they escaped, but one of them managed to kill Barak. I left mourning Bargar, as he wanted to be alone with his dead cousin. And so I am back...

Could you tell me more about these bears and monsters that attacked us? I also need to know where I can get some better clothes than this bloodied cloak, as heading into human territory in it is not a wisest idea.

Tell Darakion what happened since I left, ask additional questions.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 146