Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 285451 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1770 on: September 12, 2016, 03:13:56 am »

-reserved-

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 12, 2016, 03:37:55 am »

Ulkas nodded, not quite surprised by this sudden revelation. It felt so... Natural for Malderuine to be her brother.

"Strange. I had a similar vision of the past, of battle between humans and demons allied with other humans, which I oversaw with others... Of a lone human Hero, felling dozens of demons before damaging the Nexus, core of demonic powers..."

"I think this were no dreams, but a memories of a time gone and forgotten. Memories we were denied for so long that they seem like a distant dream."

He shared a moment of silence before moving to the present:

"How do you feel? Wounds have already closed but I'm not as sure about the bones beneath."

Ask Astrosa about her current state; inquire what else she was able to gather from her memories.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 12, 2016, 05:05:20 am »

((All the dice are screwing me up))

Lose them in the woods. If one of them manages to grab me then twist and bite.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:00:36 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 12, 2016, 05:42:43 am »

Squelchy immediately begins releasing distress hormones. He uses pounce to enter the center of combat. Once there, he uses flash to blind his foes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 12, 2016, 06:23:39 am »

((my luck sucks))
politely ask the minotaur to let me rest because im about to die
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 12, 2016, 07:02:42 am »

((my luck sucks))
(You got some good rolls. I've had my last 6 be 1's or 2's)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 12, 2016, 07:37:55 am »

Suck his blood until you are satiated, then finish him off with your claws.
« Reply #1777 on: September 12, 2016, 07:38:59 am »

commit the non sequitur fallacy and look for the one who is watching me

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 12, 2016, 07:39:26 am »

((my luck sucks))
((Minotaur smiled knowingly:

"No worries, friend! As a member of Anonimously Dead Society, I wholly respect your choice of leaving your mortal shell to rot in these wondrous ruins! Praise Death!"))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 12, 2016, 10:11:51 am »

((Feel free to finish Caedan's name. I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment and you'd probably do a better job at it than me anyways.))

Seeing his name mentioned on the slab, Caedan's determination to uncover the truth has reaffirmed itself once more.

"Close... so close..."

Follow my memories to the archives. The truth is waiting.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:50 am »

Fire one more time. Aim for previously targeted weak spots. Have these pieces try to devour it's nerves. The piece near the leg should try to follow the nerves and devour them. The one near the eyes should follow and devour it's ocular nerve. Hopefully they'll reach more important clusters and devour them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 14, 2016, 02:26:31 am »

Turn 70.05

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas nodded, not quite surprised by this sudden revelation. It felt so... Natural for Malderuine to be her brother.

"Strange. I had a similar vision of the past, of battle between humans and demons allied with other humans, which I oversaw with others... Of a lone human Hero, felling dozens of demons before damaging the Nexus, core of demonic powers..."

"I think this were no dreams, but a memories of a time gone and forgotten. Memories we were denied for so long that they seem like a distant dream."

He shared a moment of silence before moving to the present:

"How do you feel? Wounds have already closed but I'm not as sure about the bones beneath."

Ask Astrosa about her current state; inquire what else she was able to gather from her memories.

She nodded in approbation when you told her of your dream, showing she agreed this dream was in fact a vision of your past.
After the silence, she answered your inquiry about her state :

"Better, but not good either. You are right about the bones. And if only it was only the bones...
I suffered severe internal wounds, and my regeneration is not working well for these. It seems my power got disturbed by this human's attack."

She spoke with an apologetic tone :
"I underestimated these humans. I forgot sacrifice made them push their limits beyond common boundaries."

Now you were sure, Astrosa was changed. She managed to stay calm, and there was no feeling of hidden emotion behind her words.
"Hey Ulkas."

Astrosa's Memories : [4]
"I remembered a lot. I apologize in advance, but I am going to monologue a bit.

First about Malderuine, my brother. Know that I still hate him, but I understand him. It's his form of love to have kept me alive and tortured me. I love him too, that's why I must kill him."

She smiled, she seemed relieved.
"Then about your vision of humans and demons... I remembered it too. Not every details, but some crucial informations. It was the last stand of the Valern and the Inferium -the name of Hell before we lost- against the Fordania-Ashafan alliance. We lost when the Heart of Hell was destroyed, sapping all demons of their power and sanity. I guess Noirdesastre took over soon after, but I don't remember anything about this."

"I have never been curious about these kind of things but now... I want to know what happened. Why we fought with Humans. I want to remember."

These memories felt to Astrosa like pieces of a broken puzzle. The many parts of her that she couldn't reach, a bit like you with yourself.

""Ah~~ How frustrating. I'm saying all this about wanting to remember, but there is no way we could right now. Answers are either well hidden in some place filled with humans, or in a place filled with demons. Oh, what to do ?~~"

She said these last words tilting her head toward you, smiling devilishly. The bloodlust and captivating craziness had returned in her eyes.

Heh. She could suggest only one thing.

Get stronger.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
((All the dice are screwing me up))

Lose them in the woods. If one of them manages to grab me then twist and bite.

[6] You rushed through the forest, as swift as the wind ! Running and running, with them coursing you and swearing that they would get you.

You ran for half an hour, and you couldn't hear them anymore.

Where were you ?
You were completely lost, having blindly ran deeper into the forest.

Enemies :
-Three demons
> Massive arms
> Flying, small body and long claws
> Wingless, bones spike sticking out from articulations

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Polyslime
Squelchy immediately begins releasing distress hormones. He uses pounce to enter the center of combat. Once there, he uses flash to blind his foes.

[1] You released distress hormones, hoping for some altruistic slime to come to your help... Something else caught your signal.

[4] Once this was done, you jumped in the center of the fight, right next to the light green slime. Then summoning your new powers, you emitted a blinding flash of light !

But are omniphages affected by light ?

Omniphages: [5]
Turns out they are not ! One of them threw its tendrils toward you, hitting you and latching firmly to your substance. Instantly you felt your body being dissolved by the powerful enzymes of the Omniphage.
-2HP

Watch out ! Omniphages are very strong, and making them release their hold is hard. But slimes can use autotomy as a defensive mechanism right ?

Enemies :
- 3 Caustic Omniphages

Ally :
- 1 light green tentacled slime

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
((my luck sucks))

[1] "Don't worry, I have no interest in killing you if you are not here to fight.
Holy cow, you are in a pretty bad shape.

As I am."

As he left the shadow of the pillar, he revealed his full body. His left arm was missing, as if it was savagely ripped apart. He barely managed to stop the blood from flowing using his right hand and some dirty tissue.

"What inflicted you this ?" he said pointing at your wound.

You exchanged some sparse words. Your weak state and the approach of death didn't make either of you really talkative. Sitting face to face, sometime starring in the empty space, sometime glancing at the other's wounds, you rested as best as you could.

Ettin: [6]
Minotaur: [6]

You have no idea how many time passed. But when you awoke, you were still alive. The Minotaur was also still breathing.
Your wounds miraculously closed, stopping the blood loss.

Then before you could say a thing, a ghastly form appeared in front of you. A powerful, unsteady white fire from which came a dreadful voice :
"I am the White Flame, the Blazing Embrace. I am Monea, Goddess of Death and Fire.
I can save you from death if you make a pact with me.
A pact for a life.
"

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
Suck his blood until you are satiated, then finish him off with your claws.

You sucked his blood until satiation, and he died well before this point.
+4HP
+1 Essence

[1] But before dying, he emitted a last piercing caw that travelled across the seemingly empty land.
At first you didn't mind, until another caw answered it and a group of black figures appeared in the distance, flying fast toward you.

And having drank too much, you felt heavy and bloated.

Enemies :
-Many incoming Crowshifter

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
commit the non sequitur fallacy and look for the one who is watching me

[2] You suddenly stopped what you were doing, and looked around for what made you feel watched. You explored the whole room, carefully analyzed the place for any trace of something else...

To no avail. Whatever you did, it seemed you were indeed alone there, and despite this you still had an odd feeling.

By the way you found some instructions to activate some basic artificial constructs in some previous codices.

[5] You made an integrity check, your body got fully repaired in the meantime.
+2 HP

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
((Feel free to finish Caedan's name. I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment and you'd probably do a better job at it than me anyways.))

Seeing his name mentioned on the slab, Caedan's determination to uncover the truth has reaffirmed itself once more.

"Close... so close..."

Follow my memories to the archives. The truth is waiting.

CAEDAN SUAIN FUILSGIATH

This name carved on the stone echoed in your head. With only this thought in your mind, you headed for the archives.

You reached the hallway, a magnificent path of marble-like stone with ponds filled with crystal clear water on each side.
On this regal path connecting entrance hall and main hall, you stopped running.

[2] The statues on standing on the pedestals to the sides of the hallway beyond the ponds suddenly moved and jumped in the water. The ponds overflowed, flooding the path.

And the Levemite Sentinels, guardians made of a stone created in the image of a different creature each. Each one had a different light coursing through its carving lines.

[2] They approached menacingly, and said in a single echo :
"IDENTIFY YOURSELF, TRESPASSER."

Memories: [6]
You remembered Levemite Sentinels. Artificial beings bound to protect the Library from robbery, defacement and littering.
They were programmed to be very uptight on rules, and you had a bad memory with them for some reason. Some unfortunate accident must have happened.
Anyway you knew you didn't stand a chance against the 12 Sentinels. Maybe your name would make them stop ?

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger
Fire one more time. Aim for previously targeted weak spots. Have these pieces try to devour it's nerves. The piece near the leg should try to follow the nerves and devour them. The one near the eyes should follow and devour it's ocular nerve. Hopefully they'll reach more important clusters and devour them.

[1] Your shot was completely off, so off you actually hit Barag ! The poor human fell on the ground due to the unexpected pain in her back, as if a rock was thrown with great force toward him.

Scorpion: [6]
Brown: [2]
Kokaun: [1]
Parts: [3, 1]

Still sweeping violently in all directions, the Scorpion lashed out blindly due to the pain, sending splatters of its deadly blood everywhere.
The blood suddenly changed color, turning purple. And for the first time the scorpion roared in the monstrous tongue :
"Mere preys !"

And it suddenly emitted in all direction a massive mist made of its blood, projected everywhere. This last emergency defense mechanism drained him of a lot of his strength, and he stopped moving violently.

Brown shielded you with its body, but took the full brunt of the deadly mist. Kokaun had no way of avoiding the attack, and Barag couldn't dodge either as he fell on the ground.

Their skin/external body began to melt and dissolve at a dangerously fast rate, far faster than before. It seems the toxic blood turned suddenly very very potent.

Kokaun, Barag and Brown screamed in pain as the blood devoured the exterior of their bodies. Kokaun especially breathed this mist and got some in his eyes, to a terrible effect.

Your part which managed to devour some nerves instantly disappeared as the blood turned purple. The other one, in the head, managed to barely survive. It ate some more, [1] not managing to reach important parts. Actually it dug a hole upward, leading outside of the body.

Enemy :
- Gigantic Sand Scorpion "Bronzeking Scorpion" Spots digested / Vision Lost / 1 Left leg paralyzed / Chitin dented / Weakened

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melting / Skin melting
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded / Lungs burning / Vision Impaired / Scales melting

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:34:13 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 14, 2016, 03:26:00 am »

Ullas reflected her devilish smile with his own:

"Such a difficult choice, eh? I'm more inclined to murdering humans, though. We should revise our strategy and make sure no deadly surprises happen, but otherwise we should be fine. Not many humans are that outstanding and I have yet to meet one able to fly after us."

He thought for a moment before suggesting:

"Say, Astrosa, how far your next transformation feels? I'd probably reach one by killing another outstanding human or around ten of meager power. If your transformation is close, we should concentrate on reaching it, to restore your injures as well. Otherwise, it would be wiser to concentrate on mine, so that I'd be able to cover us both sooner. And reach more memories about our past, as well. Somehow, knowing the past feels more and more important to me now..."

Carefully depart the forest and scout surrounding territory. We need to find a small encampment or village distanced from other settlements.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 14, 2016, 04:14:44 am »

Roeway will explore the forest looking for more of the creatures that the demons were killing as well as his pack. An enemy of my enemy may be useful
My Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 14, 2016, 06:00:21 am »

Squelchy indeed sacrifices the afflicted part of his body, liquefying it and building up the membrane again underneath. He shoves the other slime away, into the brush, and holds the attention of the predators just a little while longer; granting the slime a chance to escape. He pounces around furiously, making himeelf a difficult target.

Just realized; would using Flash heal me, with my other trait? The whole healing dealio. Because Flash stores sunlight; the other trait needs sunlight.
Just curious, of course. No reason for me to hold the answer is yes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146