Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 282344 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1815 on: September 16, 2016, 03:46:40 am »

I still have an emergency plan to justify your case of abnormal burst of intelligence and eloquence for an undead.
((You're starting to remind me of the tech guy who works at the school I just graduated from.))

((He runs the semi-official school D&D club.))

((He's a fantastic DM and he makes every session a boatload of fun. He always found some way to roll with players' curveballs.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 16, 2016, 03:50:48 am »

I still have an emergency plan to justify your case of abnormal burst of intelligence and eloquence for an undead.
((You're starting to remind me of the tech guy who works at the school I just graduated from.))

((He runs the semi-official school D&D club.))

((He's a fantastic DM and he makes every session a boatload of fun. He always found some way to roll with players' curveballs.))
((I like this guy ! Great DMs can only be nice persons !))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 16, 2016, 07:48:03 am »

"It's good to be back. I think. I lost most of my memories. So if you don't mind, I've got a few questions for you."

"When exactly was the last time I entered the Library?"

"Who was I?"

"What is the degeneration?"

"What do you mean by the White Catastrophe?"

It's finally time to get some answers.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 16, 2016, 12:02:15 pm »

Remain calm and collected. If you make any unessecary movement, oxygen will run out quickly. Breathe as slowly as possible. Gather your strength and try to push the corpse out of the way. If that doesn't work, try digging your way out.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 16, 2016, 08:37:25 pm »

((Hey, I still have my strange stone too, right? Wouldn't want to lose the one treasure I have.))

"Whoo, still alive! Are the rest of you okay?" A voice speaks from the small blob that had been ejected from the scorpion. It sounded like Gray, but higher pitched, like he had inhaled helium.

Try to get the piece of my body inside the scorpion to come out and rejoin. Whether or not that works, absorb 6 essence and leave 4 for Brown, or to be shared between Brown, Kokaun, and Barag if they want to. Rest after to recover.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 17, 2016, 12:54:43 am »

((Hey, I still have my strange stone too, right? Wouldn't want to lose the one treasure I have.))
((Oh woops ! My bad, as the stone was in the "old" inventory, I forgot about it being on you. Of course you have it !))
« Reply #1821 on: September 17, 2016, 08:23:28 am »

walk to your right
Go through the "making sure it functions properly tests" for the newly activated construct

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 17, 2016, 12:55:56 pm »

I Consider two Possibilitys: whether I Could Raise it as a zombie type monster, and whether I Could transfer My phalitary to it's much less damaged body and drive it around. Sure it may be lacking a few parts but I Can always try reataching them...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 18, 2016, 08:03:23 pm »

(I was a bit sick this week-end, so no turn today :/)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 19, 2016, 01:49:40 am »

((Get better! And don't get sick  :P))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 22, 2016, 04:40:28 am »

Turn 71
DAY -Evening-

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas grinned, thrilled by murdering much-hated humans and turned to Astrosa:

"I'll go first, to learn if there are any dangerous individuals in the village. Observe from distance and signal me if anything goes badly... But most importantly, take care of yourself."

Murder party!

((If no extraordinal individuals/events of note appear - there is no reason to prolong suffering of humans. Simple soldiers and peasants have no chance against demons, however well-armed or brave they may be. I think you can totally the raising of the village in one turn.))

"Sigh~"
"I will entrust this to you, be careful out there."

Compliant, she stood back as you flew away toward the human village...

[3] Life was peaceful in Cayk. A small village located in the pacified territories of Fordania, devoid of dangerous monsters and far from the bustling life of Estarm. Yet the recent frontier villages evacuation coupled with the rumors of the royal army mobilization all around the kingdom slipped unrest in the minds of the villagers.
Despite their safe location, away from conflict, they couldn't help but feel empathy for their fellow Fordanians who lost their homes, or even lives according to some pessimist tongues...

Ulkas: [4]
You landed at the outskirt of the village, making sure not to repeat the mistakes of last time. You first spotted some isolated villagers, probing their superficial memories for rough informations and to reduce chances of being discovered. From what you collected, this village was only populated with simple humans, with no warriors on the level you saw before presumably living here.

After having confirmed these informations once more, you made a sign to Astrosa...

[4] Cayk's inhabitants were no more. Men, women, children... All were claimed by some mysterious and merciless beasts according to those who discovered the intact village filled with mutilated corpses.

This event could not be left unanswered. The immediate following day, the Three Kings -King Damoras, Queen Escaline and King Eras- made an official statement : Fordania was in a state of war.

+7 Essence [Weak essence stopped being absorbed once you hit Stage 5]

It was a slaughter. All of this essence. So much wasted.
For some reason, once you felt your "cap" was reached, the essence you absorbed stopped "increasing" your total level.

Fortunately this essence didn't go to waste, as Astrosa used her special trait to heal herself with all this "useless" essence. She was back in shape, brimming with strength.

Yet you felt strange. You felt that if you transformed, something unpleasant would happen with the way you saw humans.
The more you sensed your future form, the more the faces of these humans made strange thoughts appear in your mind...

[You can transform]

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Roeway chased after them. Thinking of what to say as he caught up

Greetings I've escaped from demon enslavement do you know of anywhere safe?

[5] As you chased after them, you thought of some direct and clear line to make them understand your intent.
For them to stop running, you had to bark a "Wait ! I'm not an enemy !" in the monstrous tongue.

They stopped, keeping a fair distance between you and them. Then you told them the line you thought about.
"Don't move any closer creature. How could we be sure you are not with them ? You are not from the forest, we have no guarantee of what you are saying."

"I think we can trust it. If what it said was true, it could teach us a lot about our enemy ! Caram, let's trust it !" said one of them.
"This is too reckless ! We can't..."

Caram, the Sylvarian who didn't trust you was quickly shut off by the nods of his three companions. He knew that whatever he would say would fall on dead ears.
"I'm Karb, follow us." said the one who trusted you.

Together you headed Westward.
"What do you know about those attacking us ? We need everything you know."

Allies :
-4 Sylvarians

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
((i was going to reveal it latter, but since a fire god just offered me powers i had to explain why would i refuse. And also i was thinking something like that he wasnt a full frost giant because he is half troll or something))
Rest until i have more health, then leave to the north. Ask minotaur if he will join me, its better to be united in those dangerous lands and we must leave before some monstruous wild beast kill us

"I can't join you. There is something I must do... now. May we meet again, if fate is merciful toward you...

Before I leave. Watch out for the night."

He stood up full of vigor and left the decayed temple, toward some unknown place...

[6] You rested, eventually falling asleep once more, too much... +6HP
You slept until the sun reached the horizon, bringing twilight the last moment of the day.

As the gray clouds were turning black as ink, you heard terrifying screams and howls rising from the land beyond...

Night has come.

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Terence the Bone Serf
Ah, what... What is this? This... These bones, is this my body? How curious... Then I am a monster, an undead, I must be. I could never be human, no, a human must at least have skin.

Terence rose to his feet, and curiously observed his body.

What am I, then? A skeleton? Yes, I must be, for I am nothing but bones...

Terence's voice was cut off as his left arm fell completely off.

No, not a skeleton, not by monster type at least. A skeleton would hold its limbs much better. Then I am something else, something I do not yet know of... Where have I gained all this knowledge? Perhaps before I lost my skin I was a scholar... That must be it, a fraction of the corpse's owner must stay with the corpse into undeath, however small that is.

Terence realised that he was surrounded by corpses, some of which were now dangerous, feral undead creatures.

Well then, I suppose as a monster it is my goal now to steal the energy of other beings, and to grow into a new, more powerful form. Perhaps then I will discover what I am... keh heh heh.

Terence searches through the non-moving corpses in hopes to pillage a weapon of sorts and begins searching for a weak opponent, looking first through the creatures of the field in which he awoke. Be sneaky; never know what could try and attack from nowhere.

((I'm not stepping too hard on the boundaries of the game world's lore, am I?))

[1] With the remnants of some... primal need to have some stick in your hand to defend yourself, you rummaged through the -apparently- non-moving corpses to find something better than your bones.

Pretty quickly you spotted a dead soldier just near you, -apparently- unmoving, still holding his bloodied sword due to -apparently- rigor mortis.

And as soon as you touched the handle of the blade-

-A fierce glow lit in its empty socket, while the partially rotten eye looked toward you, animated by undead energy. Immediately the sword slashed at you.

[5] You skillfully dodged the attack, making this a true feat considering the timing and space between you and the corpse. You even leapt backward, putting some fair distance between both of you. You never knew a skeleton body could be this agile.

"Judging from your moves, you are not like the common corpse huh ? Perfect, I will take your energy."

He stood up, sheathing his sword into its scabbard to turn it into a blunt weapon. The mindless corpses around felt the a battle starting, and like moths drawn to a candle flame, they slowly began to converge toward your position...

Enemies :
-Undead Swordsman
-Animated Corpses (Not close)

Spoiler: Terence's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"It's good to be back. I think. I lost most of my memories. So if you don't mind, I've got a few questions for you."

"When exactly was the last time I entered the Library?"

"Who was I?"

"What is the degeneration?"

"What do you mean by the White Catastrophe?"

It's finally time to get some answers.

"So your degeneration was accompanied with memory loss."

The Guardians looked at each others. After some silent discussion, they all returned to their pedestal. The One-Eyed Guardian's eye then separated from the body, levitating toward you.
"Follow me to the Archives, you will find all your answers there."

As you followed the towering creature in the massive building, the Guardian answered to your questions in a summarized way :
"The last time you entered the Library was some weeks before the Day 0 of the White Catastrophe. As usual, you were accompanied by Telienne Celare and Mu Shoroth, both very close friends and servants. You were probably on a vacation, as you only spent time in the Foreign Literature Area. You also returned the following books : Chronicles of the first Exar", "Study of parallel economy and cultural spread for accuracy estimation and market projections" and "Crimson Nectar, The Hemologist Handbook".""[/color]

Identity.
"Caedan Suain of the Fuilsgiath family. Eldest son of Cadan and Innes Fuilsgiath. Considered a gifted individual, you made fortune as a merchant dealing in rare and exotic commodities. You used your fortune to fund many projects of the town of Levem, becoming an esteemed levemite patron. The Levemite Library was one of such projects you funded."

Degeneration.
"An at the time new and terrible affliction in which monsters body essence would disperse, causing their body and mind to regress. As the tertessential harmony of the degenerating weakened with each lost essence, their body and mind eventually regressed back to a primal stage.
Every species of monsters were afflicted, except for the Human species because of their species particularities."

White Catastrophe.
"...
It was... the disaster which caused the end of all civilizations of the time. Even the greatest monstropolis fell into chaos afterward, and there is still so much we don't know of that period. After all, there was no one left to record the events : we were only spared because of the spell around the Library and the fact our souls and essence are bound to the Library."

You reached the Archives. Innumerable books ordered in extremely tall bookcases, forming so many rows it seemed like a labyrinth.
There were even magical devices allowing one to project images and sounds.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
Remain calm and collected. If you make any unessecary movement, oxygen will run out quickly. Breathe as slowly as possible. Gather your strength and try to push the corpse out of the way. If that doesn't work, try digging your way out.

[1] Breath, don't panic. Don't p-

You are panicking. Maybe you were claustrophobic ? Why now ? Ugh why ?!
You flailed around in your dirt prison, vainly exhausting yourself.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Your heartbeat accelerated to a dangerous pace as panic kept rising to dangerous levels. Your movements became so erratic you hurt yourself, tearing some muscles from the contractions and even reopening some wounds inflicted by the crowshifter. -4HP

[5] THE SKY.

In an improbable display of flailing, you managed to push the corpse away and dig your way out.
Taking huge gulp of airs, breathing heavily to calm your alarmed heart. You looked like you hadn't breathed for days.

The crowshifters were gone.

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger

"Whoo, still alive! Are the rest of you okay?" A voice speaks from the small blob that had been ejected from the scorpion. It sounded like Gray, but higher pitched, like he had inhaled helium.

Try to get the piece of my body inside the scorpion to come out and rejoin. Whether or not that works, absorb 6 essence and leave 4 for Brown, or to be shared between Brown, Kokaun, and Barag if they want to. Rest after to recover.

Pieces: [3]
The pieces inside all melted except one, which barely made it out.

Everyone was still alive, and clenching their fists (or appendages substituting their fists in the case of Brown) to resist to the intense pain. Even yourself were under an abominable pain, due to the magnified pain backlash coming from all your parts melting and sending mental screams of pain.

+6 Essence, You can transform
As for the rest, Kokaun and Brown shared it.

"Ithurtsithurtsithurs" repeated Brown like a mad mantra. Kokaun couldn't even speak due to his lungs, even breathing was painful.

All of you searched for a place where to rest, far from the corpse to avoid would be scavengers...

[5] Fortunately Kokaun knew the desert very well. He managed to find a small hidden cave, where you all rested to recover forces. Barag applied many strange substances on his body, while the three monsters just waited for their naturally high healing powers to work.

+9HP

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melted / Skin melted
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded / Lungs burning / Vision Impaired / Scales melted [2Abs]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
walk to your right
Go through the "making sure it functions properly tests" for the newly activated construct

[1] It didn't move, to your surprise. Not reassuring, you were sure you didn't make any misstep.

The pale blue light turned bright dark blue. And a voice came out from the construct :
"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
ANEX Construct THETA.
Your survival probability was inferior to 10%.
My erroneous calculations make me pleasantly surprised.
"

Whoever or whatever was that, it managed to take control of the newly activated construct. And it was speaking to you through it.

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
I Consider two Possibilitys: whether I Could Raise it as a zombie type monster, and whether I Could transfer My phalitary to it's much less damaged body and drive it around. Sure it may be lacking a few parts but I Can always try reataching them...

You pondered your options.
Raising it as a monster could be feasible as it just died, but would require a lot of energy. Furthermore, there was the problem of its individuality if you raised it as a monster... Of course you could use your magic to control it, but it would require constant control.
Which meant that it was only a temporary solution as your mana was finite.

As for transferring your phylactery to the new body, it was not an option you were familiar with.
All you knew was that it would take a moment for your mind to adapt to the new body, probably leading to all kind of unexpected hiccups.
You would probably be very vulnerable for a decent period of time as your mind would try to adapt to this unusual body. It may even make you unable to use your powers at full strength in the worse case.
Then your phylactery would invariably slowly turn your new body into a lich body, making the whole ordeal not that much attracting in the end.

"Are you okay Master ?" asked Osuro, seeing you ponder for a moment.

b]Allies :[/b]
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro Injured [Essence2Abs]
> Worn battle axe
-Mindless Ghost

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:52:22 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 22, 2016, 05:32:07 am »

I can hear the drums of war. Great armies marching to their deaths. Red wings filling the darkened skies. Demons and humans, fighting amids ashes and ruins... Until nothing remains.

Spoiler: Transform (click to show/hide)

"Perrrfect..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:42 am »

Squelchy continues to hop around aimlessly, buying time.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 22, 2016, 05:48:51 am »

I don't know much, I woke up without much memory and the demons were trying to catch me and stick a saddle on me. I met a few other hounds that had excaped from them and told me about what happened in the slave camps. We got separated in the forest and I'm still looking for them

Keep up and try to remember my past relaying any useful info on the demons
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 22, 2016, 07:49:44 am »

Tend to your wounds. Examine the corpse of the crowshifter. Did he have anything special with him ? Once you're done, fly up and try to spot a less desolate place.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 146