Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 282345 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1830 on: September 22, 2016, 11:21:57 am »

Terence's mind raced. This was a stronger opponent than he had planned on fighting, and it had a bludgeoning weapon. Terence could not afford to have his bones broken; he was nothing BUT bones. Then, an idea arrived. Terence crossed his arms and began to boast, but this was just a clever disguise.

You foolish, reckless churl. You dare to challenge one such as myself?

Monologue with crossed arms until the undead winds up to strike, then pop the trap. Disconnect one arm at the base and hold it in the opposite hand, then extend both arms straight, striking with an extended reach at their weapon hand in an attempt to force them to drop their weapon, all in one motion. If successful, attempt to recover the weapon with my new extendo grip. Otherwise, continue with the extendo grip strategy, but dodge for now.

Oh wait, that weapon was just a sheathed sword. What was this guy thinking? Terence came to assume that his opponent was not as smart as they wished for people to know.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:44:55 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 22, 2016, 11:35:26 am »

((Hey Nakeen, what does my character sheet look like now? I'm trying to figure out where I should put points.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 22, 2016, 11:46:56 am »

((Hey Nakeen, what does my character sheet look like now? I'm trying to figure out where I should put points.))
Enjoy.

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

Also, I keep this doc pretty up to date, player characters are on the second list
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 22, 2016, 12:00:13 pm »

Continue my journey to the north, also search for something weak to kill and eat
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 22, 2016, 01:10:30 pm »

((Alright, transformation time. Hopefully that stone turns out to be useful somehow.))

Transformation time. Continue recovering.

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

((Nakeen, let me know if it's too much.))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:31:37 pm by Beirus »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:37 pm »

(also, did they sheathe the blade, or did it transform into a mace? My contingency plan kinda hinges on there being a sheathed blade to steal.)
((He put the sword inside its scabbard. He's still wielding the sword, but the blade is now covered by the scabbard, transforming it into an improvised blunt weapon.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 22, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

I'm fine, No... Soon to be Better then fine...
I Transfer my Phalitary to the Much less Crushed Corpse of the cyclops
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 22, 2016, 01:59:29 pm »

(also, did they sheathe the blade, or did it transform into a mace? My contingency plan kinda hinges on there being a sheathed blade to steal.)
((He put the sword inside its scabbard. He's still wielding the sword, but the blade is now covered by the scabbard, transforming it into an improvised blunt weapon.))
((Oh, I see. That was a bit confusing at first. You write your game your way, but to be honest, doing this to increase effectiveness vs a skeleton doesn't make much scientific sense. A good chop can still cut bone, and the scabbard barely adds any weight at all. All this really does is blunt the blade, meaning the edge can't work to more easily break bones at all. But hey, if it's just a "x damage type is Y times effective against skeletons, therefore no slashy blade" then that makes sense from a pure game mechanics standpoint, and I'm okay with that.))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 22, 2016, 02:02:17 pm »

(He might be Trying to Keep your Bones from Putting any nicks into his blade while he disassembles you, Which is Less then the most effective Tactic.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 22, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

((He might be relying on memories from previous life, where an old, grizzled veteran trained recruits by shouting at them "Those are moving piles of self-repairing bones, bent on murdering your lot! So use your brain, take something blunt and pummel them into the dust, you bunch of dumb goats!"))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 22, 2016, 02:08:57 pm »

((A Mordhau would be much better than sheathing the sword. But it doesn't have to be that accurate with the way blunt trauma is applied, it's a game after all.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 22, 2016, 02:13:04 pm »

((Oh, I see. That was a bit confusing at first. You write your game your way, but to be honest, doing this to increase effectiveness vs a skeleton doesn't make much scientific sense. A good chop can still cut bone, and the scabbard barely adds any weight at all. All this really does is blunt the blade, meaning the edge can't work to more easily break bones at all. But hey, if it's just a "x damage type is Y times effective against skeletons, therefore no slashy blade" then that makes sense from a pure game mechanics standpoint, and I'm okay with that.))
((You all have great point. And to be fair, I never liked the "skeleton resist slashing damage for some reason" bit you can see in some RPG.
But I didn't really know what kind of player you were on this side, so I tried to play it safe :/

Or maybe he is preparing some kind of secret attack ?...to bullshit my way out of this haha))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 22, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »

((Alright, transformation time. Hopefully that stone turns out to be useful somehow.))

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

((Nakeen, let me know if it's too much.))
((Pretty good ! Though there is something I would like to ask, are you fine if I say you have a "core" somewhere in your body ?
There can only be one active Core at a time, and if it were to be destroyed it would be transferred to another body part capable of thought. It's mainly to prevent cases of cloning blues that I would like to add this in.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 22, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »

((Yeah, that's fine.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 23, 2016, 08:09:29 am »

"The last time you entered the Library was some weeks before the Day 0 of the White Catastrophe. As usual, you"
((What? What did I do? Don't just stop talking like this, man! That's rude!))

I've got one of the world's greatest libraries at my disposal here. Check if there are records on my family and where the manor from my memories may be located. Look for records about Levem as well. Ways to control the space-magic barriers here would also be useful. Finding out where places in which monster-human coexistence was a normal thing might also be an interesting thing to do. If there are any books or records that look like they might be important plot dumps/hooks, read those too.

Oh, and check what's an Exar. And maybe take a look at The Hemologist's Handbook.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:34:10 am by Hawk132 »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 146