Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 277872 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 72 -With a Google Doc!-
« Reply #1905 on: October 05, 2016, 07:28:06 pm »

Get directions and scout out the demons forces
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 06, 2016, 09:46:04 am »

This gives me an idea...

Drag away and silenciously kill two of them (drink their blood if I'm not full already), trying as hard as possible not to wake up the third one.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 07, 2016, 02:01:56 am »

((Woah, that turn came fast. Also, I think my turn had some formatting issues. So, I'm gonna be that guy who asks all the questions again, can I transform now, or do I have to muscle my way out of the swarm of lesser undead?))
((Far away is the time when I pumped out one update a day...))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 07, 2016, 03:35:08 am »

Turn 72.2

Squelchy the Polyslime
Squelchy waits out the night.

In this safe haven, you waited for the night to pass by.

(Fastforwarded)
[DAY -Early Morning-]

Nothing much happened this night, and it is now morning. As a reminder, you know nothing of the lands beyond the forest you live in.

[2] Nothing happens, there is only you and the other slime. By the way, he is not carnivorous.

Ally :
- 1 Pheromone Flagelly [Safe]

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster
"Maybe we can talk to them. But if not, we have to fight through. If we go quick enough, maybe we can still escape. Let me attack first so you all aren't in my line of fire, then you all can attack. And keep an eye on the ones behind us." Gray whispers to the group, moving to the front.

"I don't want to harm you, but we have no plans to be your meal tonight. Let us through, please, or you will end up the same as the Bronzeking Scorpion that tried to eat us. Do not try to stall us, just move."

Try talking it through. If that doesn't work, or they stall to let our pursuers catch up, then it's time to try out my new form. Get to the front of the group so my allies aren't in line of fire and unleash a Chaosmetal Barrage on our attackers.

Diplomacy: [1]
You had difficulties seeing your enemies, dingo like monsters with a metallic fur shifting like mirages under the light of the moon. What seemed like a leader had the decency to answers you. He had white glowing eyes. These monsters were Miraglions.
"Apologies, this is the law of the desert. You kill to live or you die trying."

With hostile intents properly stated, you released all leashes and fired a preemptive Chaosmetal Barrage on them.

Chaosmetal Barrage: [4] -4HP / -4MP
Effects: [3,4,4,2,1] (1d4 for each element, highest are activated together. If none is above 2, elements will cancel each other. Order is Fire-Ice-Light-Shadow-Earth)
The projectiles suddenly accelerated to a blinding speed under the effect of the Light element.

Miraglions: [4,2,3,5,3]
The five monsters reacted as best as they could to your attack. One of them dodged it perfectly, rushing toward your group like the wind while another got grazed by the Icelight shots. The three other Miraglions were directly struck by the projectiles.

Charging Miraglion: [6]
Brown: [6]
"I won't allow that !"
Suddenly Brown darted in front of you and expanded its body to form a wall. The monster couldn't stop and charged straight in the wall to destroy it. The impact was so strong that both monsters were greatly damaged.

Barag: [2]
Kokaun: [2]
The duo prepared to fight of the rear guard, not doing much to contribute to the first round.

Incomings: [3]
They will arrive at the end of the next turn.

Enemies:
-5+ Miraglions (front)
> 1 badly wounded
> 1 chilled
> 3 chilled and wounded
-Unnumbered monsters (back)

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melted / Skin melted / Medicine applied
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded / Scales melted [2Abs]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Terence the Bone Serf
((Alright, well in that case...))

What's this? something's changing! I hope these muscles will be able to accommodate...

Spoiler: transformation (click to show/hide)

As the golden light of transformation enveloped Terrence, a spark of knowledge lit itself in his mind.

I... My name... Terrence... Yes, It simply must have a second letter R! I am a noble, and my name reflects as much! I have become baron here, and I shall become emperor of this ruined world! All shall come to fear the name Terrence!

As for an action this turn... If any of the rampaging undead try anything funny, take care of them.

((golod is such a nice color isn't it ? Edited the previous turn))

Transformation Success Roll: [3]
Your body began to make a lot of snapping sounds, then more bones emerged from the cracked ones. As if your body began cloning itself, each bones composing you grew an exact replica.

You turned into an indescribable skeletal amalgamate, overflowing with newfound power.

You gained +5HP, +2MP and +1STR
You acquired the trait Body Control
You acquired the skill Bone Weaponry
You are now a Bone Baron
You are now named Terrence, for double the trrouble !

[2] The power of the transformation expelled the cursed sword who cursed as it flew away. It was now a few meter away from you.

Corpses: [3]
The corpses felt an instinctive need not to come too close, but still formed a circle around you.

Swordman: [5]
In the same fashion as your sword was flung away, all corpses swarming the undead got expelled by a strong force. And instead of the swordsman rose a centaur-like armored monster. The body parts not covered by steel were decomposing, typical of its status as an undead.

Ally ?
-Dead Rider
-Cursed Sword [Ess1]

Enemies :
-Six-legged undead abomination Damaged all over and Stuck / Greatly damaged
-Animated Corpses Undead Frenzy
> some approaching Terence and the Swordsman

Spoiler: Terence's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"Well, first of all, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm actually a vampire. That's an important thing."

"The place we went to is actually an ancient library. A very well stocked one. And it turns out I donated quite a lot of money there a few millenia ago. And it's good that I'm the one who got stuck in there, because if it was anyone else, you'd get slaughtered by the Guardians."

"I asked them to make me a key to the barrier and started looking for any records regarding my origins. I found out quite a bit. Hence the 'slightly less amnesiac' part."

"Anyway, since I have the key, we can go back there if you'd like."

Explain everything. Including about White and any other trivia I read about. Go to the library if Vanare wants to.

When you revealed you were a vampire, Firande and Ramas didn't show much shock. Vanare on the other hand had the reflex to jump back and take a defensive stance.

Fortunately, she let you explain everything before singing some spell.
The night was long. Fully recovered

Your origins. The world of before. Codename White. You told them everything, and they had to stop you many time to understand your words. Even then, they could only grasp a portion of what you were saying.

Vanare: [5]
When you were done explaining, Vanare signified she wanted to say something important.
"I have a confession to make. My name is Vanaremalia De Veraide, High Archivist of Fordania Great Library. I was commissioned to uncover the past of the old civilization. This is a highly confidential mission, and I can't say anymore yet. Caedan, please bring me to this place immediately."

Group Knowledge: [3]
Ramas had heard of the title of High Archivist.
"Isn't a High Archivist some powerful mage tasked on protecting the records of history ?"

Ally :
Vanaremalia De Veraide, Fordania Great Library's High Archivist

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
First examine the corpses, then enter the passage. Inmediatly run back if i see anything.

[1] As soon as you approached the first corpse, you heard slithering and clicking.
Reflex: [1] Before you could even run away, a massive bone serpent surrounded you and constricted you whole. It had the appearance of a gigantic backbone with a head armed with terrifyingly sharp fangs. It had many spikes on its body.

The constriction pierced your skin and began to crush your bones and organs.
[1] You attempted to resist, but it was too strong. -5HP

No chance to fight back. The horrifying pain and sound of your body snapping like a mere twig.

Not a minute passed before you died, and the monster feasted on your essence...

The Ettin is dead.

(...)

((Woah. Like woaaah. How unlucky could you get with that one ?))

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Get directions and scout out the demons forces

You got precise directions that led south. Once you were briefed, you left with haste toward the place.

[3] You ran across the woods as fast as you could. Navigating in this sea of greenery was hard as you were not used to it.
[5] Luckily you stumbled upon a shortcut and arrived to the place, unnoticed.

A large scale battle was happening. Probably a hundred worth of demons of all kind fighting against Sylvarians who must have been 20 at best. There was also a colossal vegetal being among them, bolstering their forces. But it was clear they would lose.

Then you saw a blinding green light nearby followed with a deafening blast. You went to the location of the detonation.

A whole area of the forest was burnt to the ground, blackened and reduced to mere ashes. Many charred corpses of demons were lying everywhere and the green flames formed an arena-like circle in the middle of which stood two monsters.

A majestic, wingless dragon with sharp emerald scales glittering in the night. With the body riddled with scars and wounds, he breathed furious green flames.

In front of him was a tall and muscular crimson demon with dark red markings. Two horns on the side of its head, the left one longer than the right. Wings and tail typical of a demon, many scars witness of numerous battles. A closed, scarred eye. His arm crossed before its head, it seems he just took the breath of the dragon earlier.

The two monsters were deadlocked in a tremendous battle.

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
This gives me an idea...

Drag away and silenciously kill two of them (drink their blood if I'm not full already), trying as hard as possible not to wake up the third one.

[6] You silently murdered the two sleeping monsters without making a single sound. The other one didn't wake up, but you were so focused on your task that...

[1]... You didn't notice the shadow standing right behind you. Something sharp suddenly pierced you from back to front, when you looked behind you saw some sort of horrifying black round being with dozen and dozen of elongated sharp legs. These legs looked exactly like the thorn trees, allowing it to camouflage easily. Like an urchin with abnormally long articulated thorns.

And it was eerily silent.
-5HP
+2 Essence / You can transform (And you should)

Enemy :
-1 Thorn horror

Neutral :
-1 gnome-like monsters

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 07, 2016, 03:35:52 am »

The Ettin died under the utter mercilessness of the dice. RIP.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 07, 2016, 04:46:06 am »

Feeling brave and a little opportunistic Roeway gets behind the demon and starts biting at his ankles to attempting to hamstring and distract using past experience hunting with his pack to know when to strike and when to back off to avoid injury.

(time to be a dick to demons)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 07, 2016, 05:19:11 am »

"Protecting history is a good thing. Come, I'll open the barrier when we get there."

Back to the library.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 07, 2016, 05:41:00 am »

"BROWN!" Gray exclaims with concern before turning to the Miraglions. "You hurt my friend...no, you hurt my brother. I gave you a chance. If you choose to live by the law of the desert, then so be it. I. Will. DEVOUR. YOU!"

Devour the ones that I already shot from the inside. Have the shots that missed jump back into the Miraglion that I grazed and devour it. As for the Miraglion that hurt Brown, shape my arm into a hardened, barbed spike and impale it, then devour it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 07, 2016, 09:03:26 am »

RIP ettin, he did nothing important at all

I will leave another character here, if there are too many players just put me in a waitlist

Name: None because the truth is that i suck at creating names. If you want you could give him one but it doesnt matter that much

Species: Psychic Forest Spider
Appearance: A large creature with eight legs and many glowing green eyes, like a big green tarantula. Despite their appearance they are actually insects and can communicate with other creatures using their mental powers.
Attributes:
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1
CON 1
POW 0
RES 0
INT 1
IND -1

Traits : Telepathy: They can mentaly communicate with anything that can think, and can detect other psychic creatures at long distances.

Skills : Mind Blast: use pure psychic power to attack the enemy, can cause brain damage, mind control, hypnosis, madness, or other random nasty efects related to the brain. Does little HP damage and the chance of a secondary effect like brain damage depends of the user INT and the enemy IND.

maybe the skill is too strong, also sorry if i made grammar mistakes, english isnt my main language.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 07, 2016, 11:48:30 am »

"Let us leave this place."

Squelchy leaves the shelter with his ally, and begins seeking fruits for consumption, both by himself and his ally.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 07, 2016, 11:51:27 am »

Feeling brave and a little opportunistic Roeway gets behind the demon and starts biting at his ankles to attempting to hamstring and distract using past experience hunting with his pack to know when to strike and when to back off to avoid injury.

I realized I made a very bad move as a GM right now, caught in the excitement. Roeway's danger level is screaming him that the demon is abnormally strong, stronger than the dragon even.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 07, 2016, 11:58:09 am »

"Ah, wonderful. I have good feelings for the future. Apologies, my cursed friend, but I sadly am forced to harbor a natural mistrust for cursed weapons. No noble should be the pawn of such an entity."

Terrence calmly addressed the undead rider.

"And I see I am not the only one who has gained a more respectable form. That is not the body of a churl, that is the body of a true warrior. Tell me, friend, have you yet ill intent towards myself?"

Bid the cursed sword farewell and talk to the undead rider. While this is happening, sharpen the shoulder-end of the humerus in both arms of the upper pair. Idly prepare to retaliate.

(If I'm going to get in a fight with the guy who probably just revoked their churl status, then dadgum it, I'm going to do it with a pair of extra-long prehensile bone rapiers!)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 07, 2016, 12:53:39 pm »

Transform :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grab the appendage that pierced you and attempt to snap it. If I succeed, take it out of myself, then use Night's Shroud.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:42:52 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 07, 2016, 01:18:17 pm »

I realized I made a very bad move as a GM right now, caught in the excitement. Roeway's danger level is screaming him that the demon is abnormally strong, stronger than the dragon even.
Roeway... Run. Run like the very hell is on your heels. You may want to reread Ulkas & Astrosa storyline to understand why you should do so immediately.

That said, I have so many ideas now... Time to work on them  8)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 07, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »

Roeway... Run. Run like the very hell is on your heels. You may want to reread Ulkas & Astrosa storyline to understand why you should do so immediately.

That said, I have so many ideas now... Time to work on them  8)
((Well fuck I didnt think that the major players would be messing around with a small army))

Roeway starts reconsidering his plan after he relised that the demon seemed only lightly injured after taking a blast of dragon fire that had killed a bunch of other demons. Instead he sat an watched observing him and looking for what abilitys he had and what limitations there were.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 146