Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 477366 times)

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 320 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2017, 10:17:44 pm »

So I've never seen this happen before

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slightly unsettling.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2017, 10:51:05 pm »

Well, there you go. Demons can breed. Confirmed.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:46 am »

Looks like you won't run out of demons to slay for the glory of all of ArchCrystal...

Also, how comes the hydra breeding?
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2017, 12:27:28 pm »

So I've never seen this happen before

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slightly unsettling.
Bastiongate had a tortoise demon breeding operation. Necrothreat III had demons that bred until the caverns were absolutely full of them.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2017, 02:00:40 pm »

I was just reading Necrothreat. I didn't know it was a thing and was completely taken off guard by it. Especially since they are giant salt Tucans. That'd be one hell of a birth to witness. They got stuck near the entrance so I sent the marks dwarves outside to deal with them and the birth happened as soon as combat started.

The Hydra breeding program goes well as long as I keep them chained. When we are low on food I butcher 10 of them to get below the animal type cap and then months later butcher all but 10 of the hydra new borns. This usually gives us around 2500 units of meat. I have to be careful not to butcher them near the change of the month though because if someone switches to military duty while in the hydra pit they will begin attacking the hydra livestock.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2017, 10:39:04 pm »

I know that "ThatAssieGuy" will forever be in our hearts as the inventor of Dwarven Checkers, but he has long since disappeared off the face of the internet.

I move for nominating Sethatos the new "King of Hell". Given that if he finishes his project, he will have surpassed Assie himself who never completely finished his. So, any seconds?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:10 pm »

I feel like we should have a rulership thread, but I also feel like that would end badly. That said I support that nomination.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2017, 02:16:56 am »

I'll second it.

Man, imagine if Toady implemented sending armies off the map and attacking foreign sites as said in the dev pages. I hope that the departing squads retain their z-level, since then you can butcher the whole world's population from underneath  :P
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2017, 03:20:58 am »

Hell knowth no mercy when Sethatos rules it with an ironfist.
To the beer!

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2017, 11:49:47 am »

I'll second it.

Man, imagine if Toady implemented sending armies off the map and attacking foreign sites as said in the dev pages. I hope that the departing squads retain their z-level, since then you can butcher the whole world's population from underneath  :P

It'd be awesome if my fort was still compatible with that version when it releases but I doubt it.

King of Hell might be premature, lol. I feel like there people who have accomplished more in that area than me. I've just played the fort for a very long time. Silentthunders and Bastiongate look to me more accomplished.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2017, 01:09:50 pm »

I'll second it.

It'd be awesome if my fort was still compatible with that version when it releases but I doubt it.

King of Hell might be premature, lol. I feel like there people who have accomplished more in that area than me. I've just played the fort for a very long time. Silentthunders and Bastiongate look to me more accomplished.

Pfft, don't be modest, your literally building a spire of glass from hell all the way to the surface... when you finish, the Title "King of Hell" better be on your personal text
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »

Jesus, this is one amazing fort... You have what I dream of... A fist bump for each cave dragon you've raised and every demon you've put down, sir.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2017, 09:37:17 pm »

Jesus, this is one amazing fort... You have what I dream of... A fist bump for each cave dragon you've raised and every demon you've put down, sir.

That's how you get bloody knuckles.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Garrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://Facebook.com
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2017, 07:14:01 am »

Pfft, don't be modest, your literally building a spire of glass from hell all the way to the surface... when you finish, the Title "King of Hell" better be on your personal text

Having just read this whole thread beginning to end in one sitting.

I agree.
I'm lucky to continue a decade. You've ticked the centuries over.
Is there any way to remove mud outdoors?
Yea, use dirt roads to clear off the mud.
Garrie.

TheDenudicus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2017, 08:12:02 pm »

As a noob to DF in general, to hear that someone conquered Hell, which i so fear because Adamantine is my only true source of good metal, is kind of heart warming.
Also, if invasions are turned off, what happens if you breach hell? Do the demons still attack, or is their no demon wave, because that could greatly help me.
Thanks for putting so much time into such an awesome thing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56