Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished

<< < (2/166) > >>

hun:
Good story, it's interesting to know how this finishes!

I have never tried intentionally invade hell. During a couple times of accidental !FUN! I had with demons, my military were killed without killing even a single creature..

Once in 40.24 I also tried to set up a "time-machine" fortress just to look at how the world evolves. However, after a while DF started to crush after 1-2h of uncontrollable game run, so I dropped the idea at around ~80 years.

Libash_Thunderhead:
My longest 40.24 fort lasted around 60 years before I got bored (read: fps death), I retired and unretired it but since then there had been bugs so I gave up eventually.

I also found some cave dragons but eventually I sealed the cavern to salvage fps...
I recall I cleared enough cavern creatures before I saw those cave dragons, sometimes I had to use dfhack because some creatures refused to leave the underground lake.

Sethatos:

--- Quote from: TheFlame52 on February 16, 2016, 05:46:17 pm ---I was wondering why you managed to play 5 times as long as me in the same amount of time. Then I saw it was because you did it with 1/5 the dwarves.

Good job there, brother.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! And yeah, fps has always seemed to get in the way for me on my other forts, so I knew I had to limit the population to keep it reasonable. It basically broke down like this:

First 100 years: 40-50 fps
Second 100 years: 20-40 fps
Last 40: 15-20 fps

Being under 50 pop also meant no sieges even though the fort is right next to a Dark Fortress and a dozen goblin pits, but I always found the sieges get a bit repetitive. Besides its worth it to see things like the great great grandchild of your first militia commander charge into hell to avenge his uncle and cousin who were just ambushed by ash demon spiders. Much more fun. :)

quekwoambojish:
PTW! Super intense :D

You must be itching to send those dragons into battle!! I know I would, 200 years SHEESH!

mirrizin:
I want to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version