Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 470023 times)

shimmy10137

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 470 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #780 on: January 02, 2020, 05:18:24 pm »

First Post Ever!  WHOO! Finally made an account after lurking here for many, many years and loving all the DF Stories here! This is easily one of the best fortresses I have ever read on these forums and has inspired a ancient lurker to make a account just to say congrats on this magnificent fort. Patiently awaiting the ending and if Dwarfing is still open can I request:

Name: Shimmy 
Job: Any (Ancient Lurker as title if you want)

Even if Dwarfing doesn't happen still gonna love the end regardless!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 01, 2020, 08:59:45 pm »

Also would like a dwarf!

Name: CaptainArchmage
Job: Mechanic or Weaponsmith if possible.

Hope this fort ends with a "retire"!
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

PhyroFox1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Needs a day to get through the alcohol
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:38 pm »

I vish to be a dorf (or cave dragon)
named Phy
gender any,
occupation scholar, animal tamer, sworddwarf or cave dragon please.
I'm not divorced from reality, we're having a trial separation.

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 450 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #783 on: March 12, 2020, 10:36:23 am »

143 pages... You have effectively written a book, Sethatos ;)

Haha I know and it’s not even freaking finished yet. :)
It still needs a lot of polish but I wanted to at least get it out there in some form for the people that asked so they wouldn’t have to navigate all of the forum posts.

As someone who just spent all night reading all 53 pages of an epic forum thread I will comment that if that was the goal, an edit of the OP would have been a more effective place to put the link.

With that said, I am glad you didn't, the thread was well worth reading.

edit:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:14:53 pm by Sethatos »

I was apparently blind when I typed this... How did I miss the link last night? Glad I did.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:01:02 pm by Trabber Shir »

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 12, 2020, 11:48:40 am »

I am trying to parse the family tree. It illustrates some oddities and may have an issue or two.

• Due to how it is structured, the matriarch, Bomrek Cradlecrafts the Waning Fence of Gales, is not on the tree.
  • Melbil Esiszaneg, First king in Archcrystal is mentioned in the thread but not in the PDF. As the only child of Cerol and Bomrek to have children I feel he and his queen should probably have almost as prominent a place in the Archcrystal ancestor worship as his parents.
  • The spouse/consort of Melbil Esiszaneg is not named anywhere I can find. I assume the she was one from that first migrant wave? In either case, see my comments on Melbil for why I find that sad.
  • Ingiz Lashkindled, shortest reigning king of The Dipped Spears is not on the family tree but his spouse/consort, Asob Alathnikot, is. This is significant because his status as not descended from Cerol and Bomrek would be an interesting footnote in the part of the narrative dealing with his coronation.
  • Minkot Tabarid and his (her?) spouse had 34 children and the spouse appears to have been one of the handful of contributors to genetic diversity. Just the fact that neither of the members of the couple that produced the third most children in the history of the fortress is mentioned in either the thread or the PDF is sort of surprising.
  • Tosid Vesonul. Again, I cannot find a reference to this character in the PDF or the thread. With 35 children, this couple is the second most prolific producer of children in the fortresses history.
  • The spouse of Tosid Vesonul I am pretty sure is erroneously missing from the family tree. With children born in 363 the spouse could not have been born after 183, so the spouse missing from the tree must have been born in Archcrystal

Big_Strap

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ugly Little Poot
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 22, 2020, 08:23:36 am »

I'm another lurker who made an account just to congratulate you on this awesome narrative! I'm so glad I did too, because this is a truly amazing story you've crafted here. If you're still accepting people who want their own small part in it...

Name: Arano
Occupation: Anything, something artistic (engraver, sculptor, etc.) preferred.

Thank you so much for this awesome story.

Wayson

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 25, 2020, 05:04:31 pm »

I made an account just now solely to comment here on this thread, after powering through it over the course of three nights.  I've looked at DF off and on since the Boatmurdered days but never can muster the will to power through until I get good.  You've clearly done that, in spades.  All hail the King of Hell!

amy plumjack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 27, 2020, 01:00:59 am »

I really love this fortress and the narrative you create around it. If I can get a dwarf, I'd like her to be name Amy and have whatever occupation you want.

(as many other on this thread, I created an account because of your amazing work, thank you)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 27, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »

I think this fort wins the record for longest running save of all time. Amazing that it lasted this long without many bugs.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 28, 2020, 04:11:33 pm »

Any updates on the story? No pressure, just wondering!

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 07, 2021, 12:47:20 pm »

no updates in over 2 years. sad

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 11, 2021, 05:04:33 pm »

The sheer epic quality of the fort negates the lack of updates.  My imagination assumes some amazing stuff is happening, and that the next update will be glorious.  Either way though, update or not, this fort is an illustration of how to win Dwarf Fortress.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 11, 2021, 05:43:07 pm »

The sheer epic quality of the fort negates the lack of updates.  My imagination assumes some amazing stuff is happening, and that the next update will be glorious.  Either way though, update or not, this fort is an illustration of how to win Dwarf Fortress.
oh there wont be he's mainly encouraging blindirl to beat his record now

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 11, 2021, 07:30:18 pm »

Thanks for the information! Can you please elaborate a bit more on it? Where is this happening? Thanks again!

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 11, 2021, 07:55:13 pm »

theres not many details haha, he just comes into the stream sometimes

Thanks for the information! Can you please elaborate a bit more on it? Where is this happening? Thanks again!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56