Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can sombody link me to the latest LCS version download?  (Read 9417 times)

awesine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can sombody link me to the latest LCS version download?
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:35:20 pm »

I've heard of other versions besides 4.07, and I've gotten to 4.07.1, but somebody said that was "before multiple cities".

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can sombody link me to the latest LCS version download?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:53:10 pm »

There's a new beta version here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125452.0

Not stable, but it does have the multiple cities; is that what you want?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:02:08 pm »

Here's a slightly newer release than the official one I put together a while bck.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:29 am »

How about the one with modifications (SCIENCE) and multiple save games? (I've tried, but I can't compile.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 10:38:55 am »

How about the one with modifications (SCIENCE) and multiple save games? (I've tried, but I can't compile.)

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/releases/tag/v4.10.0

Try this, maybe?

Rawb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 11:48:06 am »

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/releases/tag/v4.10.0

Try this, maybe?

Hi, sorry to post in an old topic but I had a few questions

1. As I understand, LCS is currently updated through a few community members. Is 4.10 considered the current stable release?

2. Would it be compatible with saves? I have a game on 4.07.4 which is going well but I have a bug where I cannot recruit people in other cities.

3. Is there a changelog?

4. I understand that there is sort of a trunk version for LCS that Kamal Sadek is developing. However, it needs to be compiled. Is that sort of thing easy to learn how to do? I've never really done anything involving Coding/programming. Would it be better just to wait for another full release?

Thank you, and may your safehouses never be raided.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:49:21 pm »

Hi, sorry to post in an old topic but I had a few questions

1. As I understand, LCS is currently updated through a few community members. Is 4.10 considered the current stable release?

2. Would it be compatible with saves? I have a game on 4.07.4 which is going well but I have a bug where I cannot recruit people in other cities.

3. Is there a changelog?

4. I understand that there is sort of a trunk version for LCS that Kamal Sadek is developing. However, it needs to be compiled. Is that sort of thing easy to learn how to do? I've never really done anything involving Coding/programming. Would it be better just to wait for another full release?

Thank you, and may your safehouses never be raided.

I second question 1.
"1. As I understand, LCS is currently updated through a few community members. Is 4.10 considered the current stable release?"
I'm curious myself.

2. No idea, but probably not.

3. No idea, but probably.

4. No, no it's not easy, but if you install Visual Studio Express 2010, it's relatively straight forward.

Sorry I can't be more help.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:38:11 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 10:54:33 pm »

Is there still no way to play LCS on a mac?  Of all the games I'm barred from playing, this is the one I'm saddest about.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:44 pm »

Is there still no way to play LCS on a mac?  Of all the games I'm barred from playing, this is the one I'm saddest about.

the Terra Vitae mod is, at this time, only available on Mac.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134632.0

(I don't know much about it.  I haven't gotten it to compile for windows as yet.)

Version 1.0 released a short while ago.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »

I never bloody know what programs are needed to activate the executable file, my computer never helps me.  It's NEVER Terminal, or Xquartz or anything familiar.   

Btw, what's the name of the executable file?  It's all a bit jumbled.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 11:47:04 pm »

To run on Mac, use Terminal. Navigate to the LCS directory, cd into the src directory, and then execute crimesquad.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »

Is http://svn.code.sf.net/p/lcsgame/code/trunk/ still an official source for the LCS code?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 09:47:29 pm »

Is http://svn.code.sf.net/p/lcsgame/code/trunk/ still an official source for the LCS code?

Not sure. The Github source code might be the more updated one. Would Github be considered the "Official" LCS Source since Jonathan S. Fox is pretty much dead on the internet?

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 01:35:30 pm »

No opinion...I haven't personally checked out the github one (although if I were to re-enter LCS development I would re-fork from github).  If the github fork were to actually have a stable release before the official SVN revives, a case could be made for recommending the github as "best maintained" without calling it official.

That's what NetHack ended up doing -- the forks became better maintained than the master about a decade back, and the game system recovered fine this year.

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 11:37:34 pm »

No opinion...I haven't personally checked out the github one (although if I were to re-enter LCS development I would re-fork from github).  If the github fork were to actually have a stable release before the official SVN revives, a case could be made for recommending the github as "best maintained" without calling it official.

That's what NetHack ended up doing -- the forks became better maintained than the master about a decade back, and the game system recovered fine this year.

Ha, that would require the maintainer to actually work on the project. He's been in hiding for a while, though. And I also hear that he's something of an ass! But that's what I hear, anyway. We'll see what happens.
Pages: [1] 2