Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can sombody link me to the latest LCS version download?  (Read 9418 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can sombody link me to the latest LCS version download?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »

Which version, between the one on Github and the other on SVN, should I use for modding?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 06:59:07 pm »

Which version, between the one on Github and the other on SVN, should I use for modding?
I recommend the Github, since the SVN one hasn't updated in a while.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 10:53:23 am »

I recommend the Github, since the SVN one hasn't updated in a while.

Which software can I use to easily download the source code on my computer and to update it? Is TortoiseSVN the software for this?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »

SVN and git are incompatible.  Whichever repository you fork from, you'll want to be familiar with the command line prompt.

That is: TortoiseSVN should work for sourceforge, and be irrelevant for the github repository.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 03:26:16 am »

SVN and git are incompatible.  Whichever repository you fork from, you'll want to be familiar with the command line prompt.

That is: TortoiseSVN should work for sourceforge, and be irrelevant for the github repository.

And what would be the best git client for downloading the source code on github?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 07:51:11 am »

And what would be the best git client for downloading the source code on github?

The github page has a button "clone or download" that lets you download a zip archive.
As for git client, personally I use TortoiseSVN, but I have to hit it with a hammer to make it work, so I guess I can't help you there.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 11:38:51 am »

Well, if you like tortoises there is TortoiseGit (https://tortoisegit.org/) ....  Assuming it's the same devteam as the other tortoises it should be fine.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »

As for git client, personally I use TortoiseSVN, but I have to hit it with a hammer to make it work, so I guess I can't help you there.

How do you do to use TortoiseSVN on GitHub?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 06:46:36 pm »

How do you do to use TortoiseSVN on GitHub?

1. On the GitHub page, click "Clone or Download"
This should open a smaller box that starts with "Clone with HTTPS"

2. Copy the URL from this box.  (Downloading the zip is, for the most part, easier, but doesn't make a local repository, and thus doesn't use TortoiseSVN.)

3. Select the folder on your computer you wish to store the repository.  It must not be write protected, and should be empty.
Assuming TortoiseSVN is installed, when you right click the folder, you should have the option "SVN Checkout..."

4. Selecting "SVN Checkout" should cause another window to appear.
I don't know what any of the options mean, but the URL at the top should be the URL you copied in step 2 (paste manually if not generated automatically).  And the Checkout Directory should be the directory on your computer you wish to keep it.
If checkout depth is "Fully Recursive", and revision is "Head Revision", you can click OK and it will start the download.
It should create three folders: Tags, Branch, and Trunk.  (and a hidden .svn)
The download will take a while, because each of these folders has one or more copies of the LCS source code (and especially the music files), since I only barely know how to do this.
"tags/v4.10.0" should contain the version you're interested in.  I think.

The trunk folder will contain the very latest version, but I'm not sure it's working.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:52:33 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:33 am »

snip

Thanks for the info!

But:
  • Can I update the repertory to the latest version?
  • Can I use a former LCS repository as a destination for the GitHub code or should I clean the whole folder before importation?

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 11:50:46 am »

snip

Thanks for the info!

But:
  • Can I use a former LCS repository as a destination for the GitHub code or should I clean the whole folder before importation?
Re #2: just use a completely new folder.  That's the level of "clean" needed when creating a local fork.  Pulling further upstream changes can be done from command-line.  Pushing requires non-default permissions.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 06:18:00 pm »

snip

Thanks for the info!

But:

1- You can, yeah.  That would be the "trunk" folder, if I understand what you're asking.
2- You can, but as zaimoni says, I strongly recommend a completely new folder.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4
Pages: 1 [2]