Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The First Solar War IC (8/10) - Year 2436  (Read 1692 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Solar War IC (8/10) - Year 2436
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »

the aide appears to have left the transcript of their alliance offer you could read it if you wish.
Transcript it is audio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actions:
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »

Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Economy (click to show/hide)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:21 am »

Titan Institute Actions

I am happy to report that the rogue elements of Saturn have been pacified and all of Titan and her satellites are safe. Institute Peacekeeping forces are being deployed abroad in a humanitarian role to ensure that worlds and colonies that do not have the capacity to fend for themselves in this chaotic time are safe and secure while the politic situation on Earth remains unstable.

I encourage other new governments that have formed during this political crisis to contact us, so that we might work together to bring stability and safety to all areas of our fine solar system.

sola cognitionem nobilitat
Dean Knavichev

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 03:36:12 am »

Ceres Pirates

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 09:54:25 am »

Summer - 2436

Unified Martian Coalition and Olympian Alliance

You just knew this was going to be a bad day.

The First Sign that something is not going according to plan is when you notice that no supply shipments arrive from Olympus Mons.

The Second Sign is when Marines start dropping all over Noachis and the Austral Highlands.

The Third Sign and final sign is when Olympian Marines storm your House and kick over your breakfast table dousing your favorite sweatpants in scalding coffee.

By midday you finally figure out what is going on as the Martian Marines deliver you before the High Command in Olympus Mons. Your reliance on the supplies of others has led you into a deadly trap when your military figured out that they had absolutely no ammunitions stocked, The Olympian Fleet moved into Orbital Drop Positions. Your own fleet watched helplessly, their fuel tanks empty, as Marines started dropping like rain from the skies. Your Troops on the Ground could only surrender to more than a hundred thousand Olympian Soldiers crossing the borders and falling from the sky. The war was over before it had begun.

Helplessly you stand before the High Command and the Leader of Olympus Mons itself a man wearing a rather curious top hat. You have nothing left but an unconditional surrender.

((I will keep the Olympian Alliance Spoiler intact in case you want to keep Rolepgeek around.

The Unified Martian Coalition has been defeated!
Austral Highlands have been captured without a fight
Noachis has been captured without a fight.

But the Olympians aren't done yet. Simultaneously they drop another 15 Regiments into the Region of Sisyphia

Spoiler:  Siege of Sisyphia (click to show/hide)

The Fighting is harsh but in the end the Rebels fall just like the UMC

Sisyphia captured
1 Marine Regiment lost
14 Marine Regiments depleted
2 Marine Regiments consolidated into 1 SpecOps Regiment

Datum Earth and UED
((since no fleet orders were provided i will assume orders - remember kids always give fleet orders otherwise i will abuse your fleets for maximum losses! Also i didn't do much of a normal fleet battle since this little engagement is over within one round no matter what abstract would have rolled. And his orders for retreat would have allowed 2 rounds of free fire for datum earths fleet.))

The Battle is short and brutal the Ganymedian Frigate is destroyed in Orbit as it tries to turn around and flee.

But this little Orbital Engagement goes completely unremarked for far bigger things were afoot. On the Early morning of the 6th of June 2436 a vast naval landing operation which would even eclipse the D-Day of 1944 took place on the western shore of Spain.

All in all sixty thousand UED troops were deployed to take europe from Datum Earth. And they were met by just as many undertrained, underequipped Whiteshield Regiments. What should usually have been a lightning campaign has turned into one of the most massive Phyrric Victories in human history...over the course of a 4 month campaign the Datum Troops have fought a constant fighting retreat until the last whiteshields were defeated in the Ruhr Area of Germany. The following day the Siege of the Datum Earth Capital, Vilnius began. 5 Days of Siege saw the heroic last stand of the 5 Regular Regiments of the Datum Earth Army, killing more than quadruple their number before finally succumbing to attrition. While it was a Strategic Victory for the UED it was a Phyrric one. Losses have reduced the effective fighting force of the UED by more than 70% some historians state numbers as high as 90% and beyond. While Datum Earth had suffered a grievous loss with more than 80% of its industrial base, it still had more than 2/3s of its fighting force still intact. That was until the end of the Asian Campaign.

Europe has been captured!
65 Whiteshields and 5 Regulars Regiments have been destroyed
1 Marine Regiment has been destroyed
31 UED Regulars have been destroyed
19 UED Regulars have been depleted
9 Marine Regiments have been depleted
2 UED Regulars have been consolidated into 1 Veteran Regiment
2 IC have been destroyed

This (for Datum Earth) rather suprising turn of events didn't stop them from their offensive in Eastern Asia however. The problem that appeared was however a lack of supplies to field the entirety of 211 Regiments on the Eastern Front. Instead the attack is only done with 51 Regiments. For assaulting a heavily defended position you paid a suprisingly low price...

Eastern Asia has been captured!
16 Whiteshield Regiments lost
20 Conscript Regiments destroyed
3 Guardsman Regiments have been formed from the survivors

Ganymede

A mighty host assembles to assault Southern Ganymede and take it for your nation however it is only after half your tanks break down halfway out of the Capital that you realize that your army has no fuel, no ammunition and most of your men don't even have proper boots.

On top of that your engineers report that they had to shut down the Orbital Defense Network lest it explode due to lack of coolant fluids.
Maybe you should consider producing supplies before attacking anywhere...on top of everything you lost contact with the ship in earth orbit (see Datum Earth turn for specifics).

Miners Collective

While the Ganymedians are struggling with keeping even their armies supplied with boots the Miners Collective does not suffer from such issues.
Your fleet is met in Orbit by what you can only assume are repurposed tugs.

Spoiler:  Battle over Kai-Shek (click to show/hide)

they never even had a chance.
Kai-Shek itself however is more formidable. The steelworks has mobilized the entirety of its security personnel, various mercenaries, criminals and toughs to form an impromptu army. What they achieved in little time is impressive...if it can compare with your marines however is an entirely different question.

Kai-Shek Steelworks captured
20 Regular Regiments destroyed
11 Marine Regiments depleted

Titan Institute
(huh, had the miraculous multiplication of TSF Units...sorry you have 20 of them not 30...my mistake)

IMPORTANT EVENTS
The Fall of the Unified Martian Coalition has caused panic among the Nations of the Solar System, the ancient Conventions against Weapons of Mass Destruction have mostly been rescinded and leaders bring forth Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warheads from long forgotten bunkers.

At the same time Fleet Presence has been stepped up and the Solar System sees new Light Cruiser and Destroyer-Class ships on the battlefield.

Meanwhile territorial losses on earth have driven the Datum Earth into a corner. The Imperial Senate has sanctioned further mobilization of Population and Industry.

Spoiler:  Earth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mars (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Belt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jupiter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ganymede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Saturn Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Uranus Moons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Triton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:44:41 am by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 09:55:00 am »

Nations

Spoiler: UED (Lime Green) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Titan Institute(Red) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Defenses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ships and Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:45:31 am by Ghazkull »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:26 am »

send a frigate with a prerecorded message on it to titan
A warm calm voice says this message.
Hello we are your nearby neighbors and we would like to happily negotitate to become.friends if you wish you may come to.Ganymede and we can work out the terms of our friendship.
Send this message to everyone
In a suprisingly dark and cold voice
There will be no use of Weapons of mass destruction they kill countless civilians and destroy industry infrastructure they ruin planets AND slaughter people Do not use them!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:30:34 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 10:16:56 am »

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Production (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:09 am »

Spoiler: Economy (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 02:30:52 pm »

((correct me if I'm wrong but I counted 200IC rather than the 165 listed))
Spoiler: supply & production (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 01:05:46 pm »

Titan Institute

Production & Economy

Military

Diplomacy
Offer a NAP to Ganymede
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:18:33 pm by Knave »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 03:06:57 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:50:12 am by Ardas »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »

The UN fleet has returned to Earth to protect all legitimate Earth governments against aggression from the outer colonies and put the illegal Antarctica squatters under arrest.  If the existing Earth defense forces can put us under their command system so there are no accidents it will speed up the integration process of our navies.

Offer non aggression pacts to UED and Datum Earth.

Attack everything else in Earth Orbit that is not part of a non-aggression pact.

Drop 30 marines on Antarctica.

Recruit 20 marine regiments.

Use 20 IC for supplies, send half to the fleet in Earth Orbit if possible.

I have basically lost, if either or both Earth governments wants to be an ally and let me take a few provinces I can provide a long term defense force.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:22:04 pm by VoidSlayer »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

UED is willing to sign non-aggression pact. As the inheritor of the old UN, we would be happy to consider allied command and support.
Pages: 1 [2]