Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 [1757]

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 664402 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.
« Reply #26340 on: February 17, 2016, 05:23:54 pm »

((Fair enough. I can understand why you wanted to do that. What vague idea did you have for such a thing or is that private for the big reveal?))
((private for a big reveal. Maybe.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26341 on: February 17, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

((Alright. I'll try to keep my curiosity in check then, so as not to ruin the surprise then. Possibly. Maybe. Probably not.))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26342 on: February 17, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »

((although i doubt a v4 will ever happen because of the same reasons the whole rotmg line fell; everyone got bored of their characters and shit.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26343 on: February 17, 2016, 06:41:43 pm »

((And Alterverse died because nobody considered reasons for their characters to not just go home.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26344 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:36 pm »

((So... The usual reasons then? These games never end properly after all, just slowly collapse due to lack of interest.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26345 on: February 17, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »

((No, Alterverse collapsed because half the players intentionally kept their disbelief and were actively protesting against staying because it made sense. They expected to be babied and all but forced to stay and then complained when their completely uncooperative characters didn't have a reason to stay in the group.))
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26346 on: February 17, 2016, 08:09:25 pm »

((And Alterverse died because nobody considered reasons for their characters to not just go home.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26347 on: February 17, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »

((I say it collapsed because no one thought about turning it into some sort of incomprehensible Umineko-style game wherein people try to murder each other with weapons made out of citations over the nature of the escape pod, the alien strategy as a whole, and the nuclear reactor :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26348 on: February 17, 2016, 08:27:37 pm »

((im aware but i corrected usec))
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26349 on: February 17, 2016, 10:35:31 pm »

((...

I just realized that I never did the RotMG ghost hunters thing that I talked about way back when. Guess it's a little late to work on that now, huh?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26350 on: February 18, 2016, 01:41:02 am »

((You could still just make a game about ghost hunters with an intentionally patchwork setting. Though I guess the arguments and confusion about the lore won't be replicate, which would be an issue seeing as it appears to be a key part of this game.

Or I guess you could kill a living and a dead bird with one stone by making a game about magical spambots that hunt ghosts residing within phantom websites that shouldn't even be up anymore yet which persist in the darknet, forgotten APT units that have become haunted, and the broken remnants of failed mind-uploading projects, subduing them before forcing them to listen to sales pitches for affordable goods they don't need :P

Probably would have some title that's a pun on the concept of a ghost in the machine. Probably also be pretty damn confusing for the ghosts. I mean, imagine if you were dead for years or even centuries, forgotten to the world, carving out your own little home with strangers in a forgotten part of the internet and then suddenly a bunch of brightly colored true AI units barge in, tase you, and force you to listen to cutesy jingles about products you've never even heard of? Actually, I guess it could work sort of like that Undertale game where other people can submit and control ghosts to fight and sell to.))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:49:46 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 [1757]