Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Roll to become the legend: turn 29: soiled chainmail and a voice in the air  (Read 26825 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 27: Magic problems, elders, firing squad
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:12 pm »

Looking to the elder for approval briefly, he would look back to the nomad."Please, bring my companion to this camp. I do not wish for him to be harmed while I am away."
he would then, with the elder's approval, carefully enter the shrine.
The two nomads nod and go to your camp to retrieve the knight. You carefully push the stone door open a little more and go into the tunnel. The tunnel is hewn into stone, but it's oddly textured. It looks flat at first sight, but when you run your hand over it you can feel tiny little imperfections, as if it was made by a thousand gnomes with tiny tiny chisels. You go deeper and deeper, the light of torches gradually giving way to the dim light of glowing crystals in the stone.

The tunnel stops going downward after a while and turns horizontal. Soon you enter a sort of cavern and find a nomad sitting cross legged on the ground. When you enter, he stands up, towering over you by at least a foot. Unlike the two nomads outside, this one has four arms and his chitin is pale white in colour. Must be the elder they talked about.

"You. I should be angry that Kr'Chl wishes to see you instead of one of our kind. But the sweetness of the song we have not heard in generations washes away such petty anger. You are from now on K'lltch, family of our tribe. Please, enter the sacred passage at the end of this room when you are ready. Kr'Chl awaits."
"Forgive me. I was not prepared for this occasion, and any other guidance you could impart would be generous."
If the priestly elder had anything to tell or teach him, he would listen carefully to what they had to say. Afterwards, he would enter the aforementioned passage, taking a deep breath and trying to keep as calm as possible. After all, he was interacting with something akin to a deity.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:38 am »

((sorry been ill and afk, will catch up asap))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »

((sorry been ill and afk, will catch up asap))
((don't worry about it. I was suddenly given a ton of homework all at once and I need to do some stuff for my inernship, so I won't be able to update until) thursday at the absolute earliest.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »

Hmm. It's all very unnatural, even without the very unnatural constructions. Nothing wrong with hide tents and trees. When I was a lad... Anyway. Unnatural. And that's what the Lady said, indeed. An unnature that must be stopped, for the good of what is natural. Hmm. Since I am not sure of how I came to be here, and even less of how I might leave, I must do what is right.

Return to Athath, and request that he watch over me whilst I rest. Then, meditate to recover, and think, and such that I drift eventually to the spirit world. Once comfortably there, assuming it is as a kind of parallel world to the physical one we are in, find the place that corresponds with the white tower I just saw in crow form. Try first to examine one of the people who were impaled with these purple stones. Then try to attain the white tower.What is wrong with the spirit of this place? And of the people I saw? Then I may return with some idea of what is wrong.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 28: Creepy crawlies and spirit world
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »

Teleport a short or crouching infected person into my pit. Interrogate them (I already said how in a previous turn).
[3+1] You somehow manage to tear open a portal in front of a soldier right when he takes a step forward, lucky you. You ask him your question but he completely ignores you, instead attempting to get out. He hits your barrier with his fist a few times, and when it doesn't budge, begins shoveling dirt. Not like it will do him any good, but he's shoveling dirt like it's his one duty in life.

"Forgive me. I was not prepared for this occasion, and any other guidance you could impart would be generous."
If the priestly elder had anything to tell or teach him, he would listen carefully to what they had to say. Afterwards, he would enter the aforementioned passage, taking a deep breath and trying to keep as calm as possible. After all, he was interacting with something akin to a deity.
The elder has nothing more to tell you, so you enter the passageway. It's dimly lit, and you keep going on in the narrow tunnel for what seems like hours. Finally, the tunnel widens, and you come to a strange kind of chamber. The wall in front of you is different than the rest of stone, instead of being browning rock it's smooth and black. Just as you take a step forward to get a closer look, the entire black wall shudders and moves, revealing a gigantic cavers. It's very dark, but all you see is a roiling mass of that covers the all of the floor and the walls of the cavern, and you hear the sound of millions upon millions of tiny feet skittering around.

Thousands of tiny scarabs and other insects climb up into the chamber you find yourself in, clinging to eachother until the form a vaguely nomad looking shape. When it speaks, the voice seems to not come from the shape in front of you, but instead from the cavern itself. It resonates and bounces of the walls.

"You stand before the great and mighty Kr'Chl. What say you?"

Toss aside the gun but don't dissipate it. Smile.

"Hello! May I come in?"

((Also, thanks for the battle rifle!))
You just casually throw your gun to the ground and ask them if you can come in. You can see that this turn of events confuses them, as several stop aiming at you and talk to eachother in hushed voices. Before long, one of them speaks up.

"Uh, no. I mean, maybe. What the hell are you doing here, shooting our bridge and then asking to come inside? Is the mountain air making you woozy? Do you need a doctor?"

Hmm. It's all very unnatural, even without the very unnatural constructions. Nothing wrong with hide tents and trees. When I was a lad... Anyway. Unnatural. And that's what the Lady said, indeed. An unnature that must be stopped, for the good of what is natural. Hmm. Since I am not sure of how I came to be here, and even less of how I might leave, I must do what is right.

Return to Athath, and request that he watch over me whilst I rest. Then, meditate to recover, and think, and such that I drift eventually to the spirit world. Once comfortably there, assuming it is as a kind of parallel world to the physical one we are in, find the place that corresponds with the white tower I just saw in crow form. Try first to examine one of the people who were impaled with these purple stones. Then try to attain the white tower.What is wrong with the spirit of this place? And of the people I saw? Then I may return with some idea of what is wrong.
You fly back to Akinaro and request that he watches over you as you rest. He's currently trying in vain to interrogate a soldier in a pit, but the soldier is just shoveling dirt around instead of paying any attention to the questions. You shrug, since everything seems safe enough, and meditate.

Before long, your consciousness steps into the spirit world. It is indeed a parallel to the physical world, but things are always a bit weird here. You turn back into a crow and fly back towards the city you saw, doing so with blinding speed as you are unbound by physical limitation in this place. You spot one of the carts on the road and fly closer, to inspect on of the people who got impaled. You hover in front of the driver. In the spirit world, you can see dark purple lines sprout from the crystals and enveloping his entire body. You look into his eyes, but he just isn't there. His eyes, too, are dark purple. When you stare a little bit harder, you can sort of see the man stuck in a pool of purple goo. He tries to scream, but no sound comes out. He tries to get out of the pool, but the edge never comes any closer.

You then go and fly towards the city itself, to see the tower. Even from a distance, the tower is completely different. It is surrounded by a purple miasma, a cloud crackling with energy. For some reason, even though it doesn't seem to be moving, you get the feeling that the tower is actually looking around.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 228: Creepy crawlies and spirit world
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2016, 05:36:04 pm »

((sorry for the delay))

Try to communicate with the tower... To attract its attention.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2016, 01:38:47 am »

Is about now okay for a bump?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2016, 04:06:28 pm »

Is about now okay for a bump?
Deary me, it has been way longer than I remembered that I last updated. Sorry about that. I'll get an update going by tomorrow evening at the latest.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thanks, but I'm fine. I didn't know if anyone was around, and shooting the ground worked, didn't it? I'm just passing by. Heard there was interesting stuff going on here."
"It worked? Well..." He scratches his beard and looks to the dwarf standing beside him, who just shrugs. "Aye, well, I suppose it did. Though you really need to find a better way to check for people, lass. Ol' Eronbergerensonn over there nearly crapped his chainmail knickers when you started shooting!.

Anyway, can't say there's much interesting stuff going on here. Unless ya find mining for ores interesting, in that case ye'd have a hoot in here.

Ye say yer passing by, where are ye going that yer path takes you past this place?"

Try to communicate with the tower... To attract its attention.
You try to communicate with the tower. Simply making noise doesn't seem to do anything, so instead you extend a bit of your consciousness towwards it. As you come near, you feel it move and retract your consciousness. The purple colour moves slowly but surely across the tower, pointing at your direction. Thoughts ring out across the spirit plane, unable to be heard by those in the physical realm.

"Who speaks?"
                               "Who listens to our thoughts?"
  "Who resides in the same place as us?"
                   "Who?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

"It is I, Nyaknyak. I have come to help you out."

Nyaknyak spoke authoritatively, offering his aid, wondering if this was a spirit under duress or indeed an evil of some kind.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump the thread.

Cleanse the soldier's mind of all thoughts, memories, and abilities that are/were more recent than about a year ago. Basically, I'm rebooting/reloading/returning his mind to what it was a year ago..
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm flattered that you'd bump this, but I'm really not sure if continueing it is a good idea. I mean, it's been months since the last update now. I've also forgotten where anything was headed, really. I still feel like I've fallen into the trap with trying to make something too serious with this one. I always seem to want to do something serious, but I'm just crap at it.

Out of curiosity, why the sudden bumps? Was there something about this you enjoyed?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Is this still alive? If it is, I'd gladly continue it without hesitation. It was quite fun for the time I did have.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mulled it over a bit and dug up some notes I made from back then. Frankly, I don't think it's going to work. The world is shit. The stuff I put in it has nothing tying it together, it's just a hodgepodge of things I thought were cool. Normally this wouldn't be a big problem, but most of it really has no reason to be in the world. There's silly stuff thrown into serious places and I just don't think I can make the entire thing work.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be continueing this. Maybe I'll try my hand at another rtd sometime later, but this one is really just a mess. I'll lock the thread so that it can die and not take up space on the first few pages. If you feel like saying anything, good or bad, feel free to send a pm.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]