Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?  (Read 33723 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So,yeah,now you can order your slaves companions to build stuff for you.And now i'm curious,do you guys have any ideas for your future strongholds?

I personally want to build a fort with a giant basement full of all the treasure and food that I can steal from the goblins.I would also build it right next to the goblin civ so I can get endless action.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:27:06 pm by King_of_Baboons »
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Future Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:41:23 pm »

Oh yeah, I have a plan. I want to find one of those long chains of adjacent lairs near some human cities and build a long rail track around it, a powered track if possible. Along the outer border, away from the city, would be a great wall with garrisons on each end and in the center, where a tavern and general store would be.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 03:16:21 pm »

I have a few things I want to do, but first I plan on becoming a necromancer and building a tower with my zombies. After that I suppose a good sized base of some kind that I'll use as a place to store whatever stuff I steal or a place to store skulls or something.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 03:41:25 pm »

Now that I think about it, my last suggestion was better suited to fortress mode. What I would want to do in adventurer mode I'm already doing with adv-fort, but it would be nice not to have to do all the work myself.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »

1.Assassins Guild
2.Evil Necromancer Lair

I wonder how well integrated toady will have it with the sociopolitical landscape of any given world.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »

Bridges everywhere, and I hope to fuck we can make Taverns and Temples because I want to make them.

Oh and digging, I really hope digging gets included along with deconstruction, even if only temporary.

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

I can't wait for adventurer profession skills so I can make an adventure mode dyer's shop in an evil biome and dye all the cloth in the world silver.

I think capntastic mentioned that wanted to build a ranch with sheep in one of the podcasts.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 07:05:55 pm »

Oh and digging, I really hope digging gets included along with deconstruction, even if only temporary.
Inb4 sending companions on suicide digs to make a cave-in underneath Necro Towers and Goblin Civs.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 07:13:19 pm »

One thing I can't do with adv-fort is overhaul a keep. Their layouts are boring and an inefficient use of the space, their dungeons have no method to their madness, and security is terrible. There should be a guard station outside the front gate and inside each tower with exterior access.

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 07:42:05 pm »

I'd probably just build a small farm house to retire to after fighting an army single-handed, until the world is in need of their hero to once again lay down his plow and raise his sword. Something cheesy like that.

Speaking of professions, it would be neat to be able to take on students of your own to teach "The Way of The Sword".

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 08:59:29 pm »

Agreed about the keeps, though I notice only the ones with an exterior set of walls (# or ☼ towns) have the "rear" entrance towers, which I only recently learned about by following npcs around.

I do see patrols periodically but yeah, having guards stationed outside the doors would be a neat touch.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 10:25:33 pm »

Temple to myself filled with the corpses of all the megabeasts I've killed and statues of my heroic deeds

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:44 pm »

I'm sure you've seen the hostiles just walk right in and start slaying everything. This is the kind of thing a permanent gate guard should be in place to prevent. No one should be permitted to enter through the bases of the towers except those with permanent residence or employment in the keep. Each of those could house some support facilities, such as guard administrative offices, barracks, storage, training, to further justify a guard presence. And the dungeons immediately beneath the keep should have cells and jailers to keep watch over both prisoners and any potential intruders from the dungeon passages.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 10:29:34 pm »

I'm sure you've seen the hostiles just walk right in and start slaying everything. This is the kind of thing a permanent gate guard should be in place to prevent. No one should be permitted to enter through the bases of the towers except those with permanent residence or employment in the keep. Each of those could house some support facilities, such as guard administrative offices, barracks, storage, training, to further justify a guard presence. And the dungeons immediately beneath the keep should have cells and jailers to keep watch over both prisoners and any potential intruders from the dungeon passages.
Im sure toady will get to that with the crime/punishment/thief stuff.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 10:33:46 pm »

Im sure toady will get to that with the crime/punishment/thief stuff.
I'm impatient! If I can claim the keep, I'd want to get the construction started immediately.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13