Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?  (Read 33743 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Your Future Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 06:03:07 pm »

oh wonder if this gets you access to the stuff I found out and allow you to build in a tree.
so uhh use minecart tracks, avoid sticking a floor into a tree and everyone won't horribly die from cave in.
Heh, I figured that one out the easy way. When I built a road that extended into the branches of a tree, instead of a cave-in it just disassembled in midair. And all the component blocks just hung there in midair, out of reach. It also destroyed the tree without a trace, so there went my extra lumber.
oh and bridges, and I think one type of roads would work you can safely build workshops into tress if you have trees that can fit a 3 by 3 workshop, else you need to build tracks give enough room.
on subject of companions, aren't they performing manual labor in constructing stuff?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »

I’d love to see how the blueprint mode works with respect to companions and building. And whether it can be applied in fortress mode in the future (particularly now being able to select materials).

I wish DF adventure mode were more like Unreal World (and vice versa). Somehow the civilisations and map travel in Unreal World appeal to me in ways that DF doesn’t.
How so? I played the game never really got into it. But i really liked the setting just never quite figured the game out.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 10:55:35 pm »

It's another game where losing is fun, permadeath kind of way. I think it's easier to set your own goals in way you cannot in adventure mode, because simply surviving is an achievement in the hostile environment.  You can set companions to help you fell trees but all the building is manual and slow. Chop chop, rest eat, chop chop eat sleep. Repeat for three weeks, you might build one wall. Sure hire contractors if the game allowed!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »

Ultimate goal? Build a farm. Make some money. Add on a tavern. Grab some singers. Add on guards. Bring extra guards along to raid a necromancer. Grab his book, read it, write it into a song. Sing the song at my tavern. See if it turns everyone who hears it into a necromancer. Potentially end the world in the most Metal way possible.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2016, 07:00:18 pm »

I wonder what kind of restriction there will be regarding tree cutting for logs.
In advfort one could do very constructive things in some sites :D

reiraf21

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 04:26:27 am »

it might be cool if i could build an outpost in a middle of human town , populizing it with lots of kobolds (the hostile ones) , then eating some stray cow head while watching them harasing people in town... >:(

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 08:16:22 am »

Honestly I want to make something like Kurtz's compound from Apocalypse Now. Basically a large structure in a savage tropical forest biome far away from civilization, populated mostly by adventurers I retire at that site, as well as whatever companions they bring.

reiraf21

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 12:41:04 am »

we can only wait and SUPPORT Toady and his brother  :)

And that could be a big features for us to play...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 05:05:06 am »

Hmm having companions do tasks means zombie/children/demon workforce could be a thing now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 10:54:30 am »

If I only have access to wood, I'd block in people in their houses and see how long until they starve, and if fast travel affects it. But if I had mining, dig down in the middle of a town, open up the circus, and lure a bunch of clowns up to see what would happen.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 02:21:55 pm »

This may very well be the update that get's me to actually actively play adventure mode.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 02:26:34 pm »

Oh I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this. I'm already sorely tempted to amass an army of allies (a well-timed army on the march might be the best method, barring necromancy), and build something akin to a proper fort.

Actually, I wonder what happens if you rescue a whole hamlet, then get them all to build a new site elsewhere...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 02:44:09 pm »

Remember that one thread of a guy who amassed a gigantic army of children, and they eventually grew up and still followed as companions? Do this and construct a mega-structure with your new child slave labor program, it's what Armok would want.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »

Ohgod that would be hilariously fucked up. Personally I'd prefer undead labor. Not less annoying idle chatter like the usual NPCs.

I wonder if zombified heads and hands will be able to assist in building...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2016, 04:03:02 pm »

I think i'll build a bridge across the ocean, if possible
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13