Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "Momuz Uzolikal, Dwarf Clerk necromancer - New Arrival"... What?  (Read 9035 times)

ku3mich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: "Momuz Uzolikal, Dwarf Clerk necromancer - New Arrival"... What?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 01:29:00 am »

I've started a new fort in a nice reanimating biome with three towers and a goblin fortress nearby. And he came with the first wave of migrants:

I can upload the save if anyone's interested in some !!SCIENCE!!

whiskeyrose

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 04:49:56 pm »

Please do!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 06:41:53 pm »

As far as I understand, that can happen, but it's fairly uncommon. I'd probably arrange an accident for the bugger, since they start raising undead when they think they are in battle, and, as far as I understand, they don't have the needed control over the undead to keep them off the living dorfs, and I think that includes the necro himself.
If the bugger has got a codex with him, check if it's one of life and death. Putting such an item into a library is a good way to ensure some future excitement. Whether that is good or bad depends on what you're looking for.

The necro would be safe, everyone else wouldnt presumably. Zombies are "opposed to life", and therefore attack any living thing. Necros get the not_living tag, so they are safe.

Also yeah, he would have apprentices, they teach their apprentices to become necromancers.

I have never had a necro in my fort though. I know what I know from raws and legends mode and adventure mode.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:45:39 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 07:34:13 pm »

Incidentally, you don't need the necromancers to be friendly to weaponize them. Behold, the legend of Silentthunders. (See also the scientific experimentation upon "necrobacon" and how zombie pigs benefit from increased meat without any of the nasty taste of rotting zombie flesh.)

Basically, all you need to do is create a drowning chamber for livestock to create some nice corpses, put the necromancer behind some windows/fortifications, and then let the necro see something hostile to it, like a captured-and-released crundle or something.  The necro will raise the pigs to defend himself. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 07:48:42 pm »

well, what the necro wrote onto the rope soudns like typical drunkard poetry at the topic of coitus :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

ku3mich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:50 am »

Here is the save.

Looks like this dorf never sought immortality but accidentally learned the secret.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

During worldgen "the artifact" was lost by necromancer and placed at fortress Minemansions. And A LOT of dwarves, elves, goblins, humans, beetle man, gorlak and one night creature :o learned the secret there:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love this game  :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:04:29 am by ku3mich »
Pages: 1 2 [3]