Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: You can't die: cosmological complication (storytelling game) THE END  (Read 9251 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

You Can't die: Cosmological Complication
You awake into complete darkness. Your face is covered and your body is restrained to a cot. You think about trying to break free, but you stop when you hear voices close by. A man and a woman are speaking. The man begins: "You claim that the patient's surgery went without complications, then why do the scanners say that there is permanent damage to the temporal lobe?" The woman replies, "That was an unavoidable side-effect. In order to mitigate the damage, certain parts had to be subjected to intense radiation. The patient's memory was bound to be damaged. Only time will tell the extent of the damage. There is no way..." The man interrupts, "I am worried that the patient will no longer be the soldier we need. It was only by the innate skills of this person that our defeat was held at bay for nearly a decade. Will the  memory make any changes to this person's abilities?" The woman speaks, "We suspect that the patient will require more training, but the physical attributes will be unchanged." You hear the man and woman walk away. What do you do?

This is an interactive storytelling game where the character is a complete badass. Every action you recommend will be successful. It is like an RTD where you always roll successfully, no matter how insane the action is.
Rules:
-Any action must be within the possibility of a human to do. Actions such as: "throw the rock such that it knocks the gun out of the first soldier's hand and rebounds to hit soldier two in the face. Then catch the gun in midair and shoot soldier one." are perfectly okay, but something like: "become a wizard and shoot fireballs at each soldier" is not allowed.
-do not manipulate the environment. Only change the actions of the character. Something like: "Make there be a bed at the bottom of the chasm to cushion the landing." is not allowed.
-try to keep the actions interesting. It makes it more fun for me to write and it makes it more fun to read. "kill everybody" is not interesting.
-more rules as needed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:00:32 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: You can't die: cosmological complication (storytelling game)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:37:53 am »

Slither out of the restraints like a human snake, snap the necks of the two people and loot some clothes from them to use as a disguise.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:31:23 pm »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »

Immediately hide in a box after the above action ,Minus the neck snapping..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:37:54 pm »

Slither out of the restraints like a human snake, snap the necks of the two people and loot some clothes from them to use as a disguise.

We're no psychopath. Let's slip out of our restraints using a palmed bobbypin or something.

Find a chair, maybe a book. A good mug of coffee or tea would be really nice too. Give them a nice surprise when they return and find us chilling like a boss having a cuppa while exercising our brain with a book in the most gentlemanly way as possible.

Since we can't die anyway, nothing can possibly threaten us. Even if these people mean us harm.. Which we don't know if they do yet, for all we know they're our friends trying to save us. Unlikely as it may be.

We'll find out soon enough!

EDIT
[Also, YAAY! you've returned! :D I loved your Dragon game!]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:41:05 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 02:52:11 pm »

+1

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 02:55:50 pm »

+1
+1 if we attempt to make pie afterwards.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »

While they are distracted by the pie, slip out the door and observe surroundings.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 04:24:11 pm »

Suddenly regain all of our lost memories.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 04:37:53 pm »

You wriggle in the restraints and are able to slide out of the cot feet-first. You remove a black cloth that was covering your face and see that you were in some sort of hospital bed. A chair is to the side of the bed, and a desk in the room has all sorts of medical supplies such as gloves, masks, a stethoscope, medical magazines, and tissues inside a cardboard box. It also has a coffee maker which someone recently used, but never took the finished cup of coffee. You take the coffee and empty the cardboard box of its supplies. You grab the magazine and sit in the chair, sipping the coffee, and decide to put the box over your head. The two people come in talking in heavy medical jargon, but they suddenly stop when they see the cot empty. They scamper around trying to look for you, obviously ignoring the cardboard box since who would hide under one of those? The man finally looks under the cardboard box and is relieved to find you. But his relief turns to anger as he sees that you drank his coffee. However, his professionalism takes over and he calmly asks, "What do you remember?"
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 04:56:42 pm »

*Gentlemanly British voice* I remember naught, save that I am here and youblrleft the coffee here.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »

*Gentlemanly British voice* I remember naught, save that I am here and youblrleft the coffee here.

+1

Offer him the reminder of the coffee too. Says we personally prefers tea.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 06:55:19 pm »

You decide to answer honestly, but use an accent foreign to you. "I remember naught, save that I am here and thou leaveth thine coffee here. Thou drinkest the remainder. I prefereth tea." The man, who was clearly a military officer of some kind, looked extremely confused and called loudly, "DR. Rose!" "Yes Captain? Have you found the patient!?" The woman came running down the hallway and entered your room. "Ah! Found. Good job." The woman looked more like a surgeon than a doctor. She was likely the one performing the brain surgery they talked about. The captain responded, "the patient is speaking in a completely different accent and claims to remember nothing. As you can imagine, this concerns me greatly." Dr. Rose answered, "Give him time, I would suggest placing the patient in training once again. That would most likely trigger his muscle memory and could certainly help recovering whatever memories are still intact." "Very well", the captain responded. He pointed at you and spoke with an air of leadership "You will come with me." He then left the room and took a left.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 07:18:16 pm »

Smack the captain to death with DR. Rose, then smack DR. Rose to death with the dead captain

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 07:45:22 pm »

Follow the captain, all the while commenting on the interior and design choices of the facility in an extremely obnoxious but innocent way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12