Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: ERRANT: Out of mission: Signups, suggestions, armory, r&d, testing and barracks.  (Read 8484 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't keep track of all the suggestions and non-mission posts properly. I'll still try to minimize the footprint, but we'll use this to keep track of things like armory proposals.

We could also do testing and development here. It should give dead/respawned people something to do. I could also run mini VR scenarios like room clearing exercises and firing battle drills here for billeted characters.

https://www.elon.edu/docs/e-web/academics/elon_college/rotc/common_battle_drills_for_all_infantry_units.pdf

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/7-7j/CH3.htm

I suppose on mission characters can also take part in drills on imaginary characters.

Current char sheet form and armory:

Character Sheets:
Almost exactly the same as ER. Unconventional and Exotic are turned into melee and explosive skills respectively. General Knowledge is now science, which is used in data collection and specimen handling.  There is no war magic in this 21st century world.

All characters are assumed to have basic training with guns, for a hidden +1 to fire-arms.

Take 1 free level up, they'll need it.

Pay is $10,000 sign on bounty and $10,000 per mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Standard Issue Free Equipment:

Armory
All guns come with a free magazine. Bullets sold separately.

Small arms:

Melee Weapons

Explosives:

Auxiliary Systems

Crew-Served Weapons

Medical

Body Armor

Science Equipment

Misc

Stuff like Duct-tape goes here

Additions:
6000 M32 MGL
Range: Melee: NA Short: +1 Medium: 0 Long: -3 Extreme: NA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkor_MGL

6000 AA12
Range: Melee: +1 Short: 0 Medium: -3 Long: NA Extreme: NA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun

We'll modify the M203 HE grenade to HEDP for the next mission. It's an anti-armor shaped charge with a fragmentation shell. Costs the same.

: Proposed Weapons:
We need a PDW calibre weapon to replace the UMP.
P90 or MP-7 are suggested.

5000 P90 (w SOPMOD)
Ammo: FN 5.7x28mm AP-FMJ by default. 50 round clip (not a steel-core AP round. it's just lead or aluminum in an over-pressured cartridge)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_5.7%C3%9728mm
Range: Melee:0 Short:+1  Medium:-1 Long:Na  Extreme:Na
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

4000 MP-7
Ammo: HK 4.6x30mm AP-FMJ 30 round clip by default (not a steel-core AP round. it's just lead or aluminum in an over-pressured cartridge)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_4.6%C3%9730mm
Range: Melee:+1 Short:+1  Medium:-1 Long:Na  Extreme:Na
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP7

Or 9mm over-pressured rounds. (the russian answer to the PDW caliber) Used in newer SMGs like the PP-2000. Or you can squeeze em into older models.

Flamethrowers:

M9A1-7:
Ammo: 2 Gallon tank, 1/2 Gallon per second fire-rate
Range: Short, 20-40m
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_flamethrower
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:05:28 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved for notice board, misc stuff.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Posting to watch, since I'm in the game.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile

Hi.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Achilles Aigre Excalibur (Not a GM character)
Male, Ageless
Bio: They told him Achilles isn't possible in an age with gunpowder. He told them to get stuffed and joined this fancy mercenary company instead.

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 1
Endurance: 1
Charisma: -2
Mind: 0
Fate: -2
Intuition: 0

Engineering: 0
Shooting: 1 (+1)
Melee: 2
Explosives: 1
Auxiliary: -2
Medical: 0
Science (Gen. Knowledge): -2

Gear:

Weapons:
Xiphos Heavy Stabbing Sword (3000)
Ballistic Assault Shield, Boeotian Dipylon Style (3000)
M9 Bayonet stuck on a 10 foot Cornel Wood shaft (300)

M203 Launcher (600)
  3 Smoke Grenades (300)
  3 Flashbangs (900)
  5 HEDP (300)

Armor:
HEADS-UP Helmet, Corinthian style with a horsehair plume
Interceptor Armor, which he calls a Linothorax (1600)

Misc:
The rest of the GI gear.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:49:21 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start a VR mission along with Achilles.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start a VR mission along with Achilles.

What do you wana play?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealthy melee breach.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealthy melee breach.

The Cabin in the Woods:

Achilles drives you several miles from the safehouse in a "borrowed" black minivan, claiming orders for a secret training mission. His driving is bad and bumpy. You head deep into the countryside.

Upon further questioning, he tells you that the beds at base are cold. But intel came in on a group of college kids on vacation moving into a nearby cabin. He wants to kill the men and take their women.

Intel suggests about 8 individuals, 4 men, 4 women, armed with civilian weapons - hunting rifles, handguns and shotguns. Target is a wooden cabin-house surrounded by forest.

It's a live-fire exercise. And you're not even getting paid.

Tac Map:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:55:17 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's very nice but uh.
We are talking about aliens here, right?"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's very nice but uh.
We are talking about aliens here, right?"

Nope. Achilles is being himself. He spend most of his career raiding people for self-gain without second thoughts. He has also dragged you along for this adventure.

"Of course they are aliens, they aren't one of us are they?

Think of the plunder, brother! Those females look healthy enough and your bed will be warm tonight! Summon your valour and this prize will be yours!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:46:53 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I care not for plunder brother. Only to protect our glorious earth, from the vile invaders that threaten it.
If you would lead me to attack the great and noble people of this earth, the very people I am sworn to protect, before the Great Commandy One, bess his name than what makes you better than them!?"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Achilles grumbles, cursing your cowardice and how no one would remember your name as you return home.

The same scenario is plugged into the VR. Same objectives, be sneaky, take prisoners... but it's all virtual.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Good enough."
Wait for nightfall, and sneak in the east door while Achilles goes in the west.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7