Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 33617 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 3, Day 4. (3/7) (Queue: 7)
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2016, 11:42:32 am »

Teneb: No, I didn't. I said that NQT wanted you dead, which is actually true, unlike what you're trying to claim.
Oh?
I roleblocked NQT. I thought his behaviour was a bit off and inspecting him was a bit pointless since I was the person he'd want dead for that very reason. The fact that he was killed instead makes me think that the person who killed him didn't want NQT back on his case now that FOU's been lynched. Right, Teneb?
What did I bold then?

-His first vote was an OMGUS on NQT that he also immediately withdrew. His second was a vote on himself that he also immediately withdrew.
You mean the vote I did to prevent a prod because I didn't know if I'd have time to do it later? Like this?
Teneb:  Interesting that you've voted and unvoted so early in the day.  Why?
Because I'm a busy bastard and want to avoid being modkilled like in the last KotM that I took part in (Can't remember if it was the last one or the one before that).

He also said that he wanted to vote for FoU but then didn't for reasons, instead asking the rest of the players for permission to hammer him.
Again, look:
Teneb(has he posted yet today?)
Wow, you are really not reading the damn game. The day started with NQT attacking me and me defending myself. I'd vote you to make a point of how shittily you are playing, but then that'd be hammer.

Should we hammer, or let the day proceed as normal?
No reason, huh?

I'd also like to point out that Teneb targeting Persus for a kill on the same night as Fallacy is within the bounds of possibility.
I take your wine and sip it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2016, 11:44:34 am »

Mm.

See, I'm having trouble reconciling "suicide the first night with stated intent to dodge night actions" with scum or town play this game.  If you're scum, I can definitely see a nefarious purpose behind that choice, and if you're town it seems rather silly to try dodging kills when there are that many people in the roster and your role is unknown.

If this round continues much longer, I'm going to start thinking myself in circles and second-guessing myself.  Teneb, if you're scum, here's to your reign as King of the Mafia

Deus Asmoth

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2016, 11:49:02 am »

Teneb: No, I didn't. I said that NQT wanted you dead, which is actually true, unlike what you're trying to claim.
Oh?
I roleblocked NQT. I thought his behaviour was a bit off and inspecting him was a bit pointless since I was the person he'd want dead for that very reason. The fact that he was killed instead makes me think that the person who killed him didn't want NQT back on his case now that FOU's been lynched. Right, Teneb?
What did I bold then?
You bolded me saying that if NQT were scum he'd want me dead due to me having an inspect. Unless you're trying to claim that NQT is scum, I don't see what the point you're trying to make is.

-His first vote was an OMGUS on NQT that he also immediately withdrew. His second was a vote on himself that he also immediately withdrew.
You mean the vote I did to prevent a prod because I didn't know if I'd have time to do it later? Like this?
Teneb:  Interesting that you've voted and unvoted so early in the day.  Why?
Because I'm a busy bastard and want to avoid being modkilled like in the last KotM that I took part in (Can't remember if it was the last one or the one before that).
Yes, exactly like that. You haven't voted for anyone that wasn't already voting for you for this entire round, and you didn't leave a vote on anyone at all yesterday. Didn't want to draw attention on yourself, or just didn't care about scumhunting?

He also said that he wanted to vote for FoU but then didn't for reasons, instead asking the rest of the players for permission to hammer him.
Again, look:
Teneb(has he posted yet today?)
Wow, you are really not reading the damn game. The day started with NQT attacking me and me defending myself. I'd vote you to make a point of how shittily you are playing, but then that'd be hammer.

Should we hammer, or let the day proceed as normal?
No reason, huh?
Either you thought he was scum or you didn't. If you did, you wouldn't have a problem with hammering him. If you didn't, you wouldn't be wasting a lynch just to prove a point.

I'd also like to point out that Teneb targeting Persus for a kill on the same night as Fallacy is within the bounds of possibility.
I take your wine and sip it.
Yes, pointing out that something is statistically possible is clearly the height of lunacy.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

EBWOP: Long live the king  ::)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »

The three men entered a shouting match as soon as they walked in the door.  It quickly culminated in violence, as 4maskwolf and Teneb worked together to shove Deus Asmoth out the window.  4mask watched him plummet.

"He won't be taking the crown," 4mask said with a chuckle.

"No.  He won't."  With that, Teneb slid his knife into 4mask's back.

"Y...you bastard..." 4mask groaned out.  The world was getting dim.

"Now is that any way to address your king?"  Teneb just smiled as 4maskwolf bled out on the floor.  The deed done, Teneb picked up the crown.

It fit him well.

Deus Asmoth has been lynched!  He was Batman (town).

4maskwolf has been killed!  He was a Townie (town).

Teneb is a Green Goo and King Mafia!  He has won!

And so ends the shortest ever KotM.  Congratulations on your crown, Teneb.  May you wear it proudly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlord congratulations Teneb on convincing me to make yet another stupid mistake.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2016, 12:46:46 pm »

And so ends the shortest ever KotM.  Congratulations on your crown, Teneb.  May you wear it proudly.
Something something Teneb Rex.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlord
Beep Boop

congratulations Teneb on convincing me to make yet another stupid mistake.
This last bit was actually a bit stressful, since I was worried about sounding desperate while refuting DA's stuff.

EDIT: I should probably note for the record that I actually didn't perform the kill on my first night.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »

congratulations Teneb on convincing me to make yet another stupid mistake.
This last bit was actually a bit stressful, since I was worried about sounding desperate while refuting DA's stuff.
Actually I thought Deus Asmoth sounded like he was desperately trying to shift the blame onto you.  Shows you how much I know about mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2016, 12:49:31 pm »

Congrats, Teneb.

The Notable Games Archive section on KotM has been updated as usual.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2016, 12:50:41 pm »

What surprised me was so many votes happening so quickly at 3-man LYLO.  I guess Deus knew as long as he didn't get lynched then KM couldn't win, regardless of who it was.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2016, 12:58:35 pm »

Well that was anticlimactic. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2016, 01:02:37 pm »

I was kind of expecting the day to go on a bit longer, but I guess the result was kind of inevitable. Why didn't you kill anyone on the first night?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

Also, I think this is the first time I've actually been lynched when I wasn't scum. It was nice while it lasted.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

I was kind of expecting the day to go on a bit longer, but I guess the result was kind of inevitable. Why didn't you kill anyone on the first night?
I like to, as scum, not use the nightkill every now and then. It throws people off. For example, in a past game (I forget which) I didn't kill and then claimed to have blocked/protected someone, making me look town. And besides, didn't NQT, in this very game, say that the king had no reason to not kill?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2016, 01:13:22 pm »

Yeah. I was thinking that you'd have won last night if you'd killed someone the first night and then just killed me, but then I remembered that Shake died to poison and you had no way to know that'd happen. Clearly, this is all his fault.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20